An Old School Catholic Message Board

White Privilege?

Anastasia13

MarysLittleFlower

If I own a business and give a job to my son; is that considered <white privilege>?  Is it morally wrong?

If it helps I read in Catholic Encyclopaedia that we are obligated to start helping those nearest us rather than helping strangers but ignoring those nearest. I would recommend the whole article its the one on love :) our first obligation is our salvation, then family,then others.... Its fine to focus on family I think IF you are fair to others and not doing anything wrong to them. Its of course depending on scenario. Also more obligation to spiritual needs, and obligation likewise increases when person at risk can't help themselves

Nihil Obstat

Is Rachel Dolezal using her white privilege to pass as Black?

You appear to be sarcastic, but that is actually a really interesting question that could be discussed in certain contexts.

truthfinder

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun

In regards to the Canadian comment: yes apparently hotpink has caught us out, revealing the true origins of the Cajuns.  The government has taught us lies in school and I proudly continue the lie to my students.

/sorry I can't resist. 

I say we as a culture should support her ( Rachel Dolezal ) as the first transracial person in the US, said no one ever.

Edited by little2add

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cajun

In regards to the Canadian comment: yes apparently hotpink has caught us out, revealing the true origins of the Cajuns.  The government has taught us lies in school and I proudly continue the lie to my students.

/sorry I can't resist. 

​I always loved acadien music. RockVoisine broke out when I was in high school. I also work with a lot of acadiens - good hard working and honest guys. 

dominicansoul

The White Man has the privilege of being the scapegoat for all that is wrong with society...

I'm not black but there's a whole a lot of times I wish I could say I'm not white 

Frank Zappa

Song title :  trouble coming every day 

The White Man has the privilege of being the scapegoat for all that is wrong with society...

​that s no one else's fault but ours.  

giphy.gif

Edited by Seven77

dominicansoul

I once told my black coworker, "I wish I could be black sometimes."  To this she responded, "Guuuuurl, you would never make it, we'd kick you out of the race real quick!"

:|