An Old School Catholic Message Board

Video Idea Brainstorming

dUSt

​Are you calling me a troll?

​That's how I'd interpret that.

​Thats a horrible idea.  These issues have been DONE TO DEATH by alot of venues. Plus, the Pope even said stop focusing on them.   Catholics aren't getting anywhere.

​We're not getting anywhere because of the way we're approaching it. I'm saying don't make it a black and white thing (which it's not), and be friendly and loving and humorous about it. I've rarely seen that done. If you've got videos of people who have done it, I'd really like to see them. Can you post links?

​That's how I'd interpret that.

​We're not getting anywhere because of the way we're approaching it. I'm saying don't make it a black and white thing (which it's not), and be friendly and loving and humorous about it. I've rarely seen that done. If you've got videos of people who have done it, I'd really like to see them. Can you post links?

​Go on lifeteen, look at Bob Rice or Scott Hahn.  I shouldn't need to do your research for you.  I'm sure dust is great but it's been done...and the pope has told people to chill on the hot button crud.

Ash Wednesday

Hotpink, serious question -- you're not Catholic, so why do you care?

The pope did not tell anyone to stop focusing on hot button issues. The message he wanted to get across was that so-called hot button issues weren't all that the Church cared about.

The pope did not tell anyone to stop focusing on hot button issues. The message he wanted to get across was that so-called hot button issues weren't all that the Church cared about.

​I'm pretty sure evangelization reffers to people who aren't you know Catholic yet.

​amen, this is exactly why I was irritated at what hotpink said.

Had another idea... I recently saw a "Top Ten Reasons people leave the church" list somewhere. What if we made a video series addressing each of these reasons?

franciscanheart

Had another idea... I recently saw a "Top Ten Reasons people leave the church" list somewhere. What if we made a video series addressing each of these reasons?

​Like this,

Also, would prefer to see something with "you're doing it wrong" in the title, just for laughs.

​amen, this is exactly why I was irritated at what hotpink said.

​Well I guess you can preach to the choir...if you want.  But again, I'm the non-catholic here.  And I'm sorry but if you produce videos and start with only hot button issues then you are appearing only to care about them.

​Not called for.

​I dunno. I weighed it and thought, ultimately, "someone needs to say something".

Let's make a video from this: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/137650-were-you-raised-catholic-or-a-convert/

One for reverts, one for converts, one for cradle Catholics. Personally, I've found the best evangelization tool to be just telling your own story. That's not "offensive" or "aggressive", and often people see some similarity to their own lives that gets them thinking, "Hm, I wonder if that could be me."