An Old School Catholic Message Board

Founder of LifeTeen Excommunicated

PhuturePriest

​To console myself, I can also look at the nice banners from the Chartres pilgrimage. 

​I saw a show about that, very impressed and edified.

truthfinder

​I saw a show about that, very impressed and edified.

​Several friends went, and I was green with religious envy. 

Okay so now we are back down to the usual 2 Minutes of Hate about "banners" and "people holding their arms in the air" wherever 2 or 3 traditionalists are gathered in My name, they will start complaining about the orans position and drums  like they have not had the exact same conversation 5 million times before.

This stuff is not my aesthetic style either but the Constipated Traditionalism is a bit much. For how many decades have people been moaning about felt banners?? And it worked, you will not see too many felt banners in PSR classes any more. What did that accomplish exactly. Notice the Mormons and other groups focused on evangelizing don't focus on this navel-gazing stuff. They take an Exlax and move on with the mission.  

blazeingstar

Mormons don't evangelize, they propagandize...huge difference...

​They are still doing a better job that Catholics....

the bottom line is that the LifeTeen program was designed by a convicted pedophile that shows indications of being a grooming system.

Ash Wednesday

Okay so now we are back down to the usual 2 Minutes of Hate about "banners" and "people holding their arms in the air" wherever 2 or 3 traditionalists are gathered in My name, they will start complaining about the orans position and drums  like they have not had the exact same conversation 5 million times before.

This stuff is not my aesthetic style either but the Constipated Traditionalism is a bit much. For how many decades have people been moaning about felt banners?? And it worked, you will not see too many felt banners in PSR classes any more. What did that accomplish exactly. Notice the Mormons and other groups focused on evangelizing don't focus on this navel-gazing stuff. They take an Exlax and move on with the mission.  

​It does get tiresome that this stuff comes up over and over again... I bit my tongue when I saw the LifeTeen discussion come up yet again. I try to be patient in the crazy event that someone actually hasn't discussed these things before, but... yeah.

The core issue isn't the felt banners, ugly churches or bad music. As much as those things DO matter and they do bother me, to me they are symptoms of deeper rooted problems. The biggest problem I see is that people really aren't taught the fullness of faith - the average Catholic is flat out stupid or told that such silly things like doctrine aren't REALLY binding, you can just do your own thing. That and mass gets treated like a 1 hour chore at best on Sunday, people don't live the faith with much heart or conviction. Combine that with corruption and abuse scandals in the Church and we're left with a faith that's a complete mess. But as you said we just have to keep moving.

Edited by Ash Wednesday
Because bacon.

the parents of and the victims of the pedophile(s) are not to blame or "flat out stupid" for that matter.

Ash Wednesday

the parents of and the victims of the pedophile(s) are not to blame or "flat out stupid" for that matter.

Let there be no misunderstanding here -- I was NOT speaking of victims of abuse when I was discussing ignorant Catholics. When I mean "stupid" Catholics I mean the level of religious education the average Catholic has received by the time they reach Confirmation.

I probably should clarify my previous post, when I described lack of quality religious education as being the biggest problem -- now giving it more thought, I find it difficult to quantify things like this, because it's also especially critical when members of the Church lack moral integrity and don't have a leg to stand on because they lose the trust of the faithful by failing to practice what they preach and protect their own -- and certainly, abuse would apply here.

I suppose it all comes hand in hand and full circle -- in that truly "educating" people, it's not only preaching the fullness of truth, but also living it by example.

Edited by Ash Wednesday
I'm tired.

• 7 months later...
On 6/13/2015, 6:35:58, PhuturePriest said:

I am also in the Wichita diocese. Bishop Olmstead is a stellar Bishop.

I am also in the Wichita diocese. Olmstead built a serious legacy of fidelity.