An Old School Catholic Message Board

Insights from the Life of a Franciscan Sister

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

I read all your posts, so you are contributing to the evangelization of at least one non-Catholic. However, I second what Nunsense said--Your spritual life comes first, and if you need to reduce the amount of time you spend online you should do so without guilt.

Also like Nunsense, I agree that if you simply posted a link to the blog, I would take the additional half-second to click on the link so I could continue to read your blog. I realize cutting and pasting the text normally doesn't take much time, but posting a link would be quicker, and all the little "bits" add up.

I enjoy your blog because it gives me an insight into the daily life of an active Sister that isn't easily available elsewhere. 

Would people actually bother to click and leave this site to read?  Especially folks who haven't read the posts before?

Sr. Christina...I have enjoyed reading your posts.  But could certainly go into your website to read them.  You and your writing make me smile at those times when I need the uplift.  One regret...that there isn't a facility like yours near me.  It would be perfect for my Mom who is in rehab right now and getting ready for discharge.  I have some major concerns about her returning home but am working hard to get some affordable help for her in her home.  She wants to return home so we're going to try it!!! By the way...she's 96.  Please keep her (and me) in your prayers.  Tough when the roles reverse...

AccountDeleted

Would people actually bother to click and leave this site to read?  Especially folks who haven't read the posts before?

If you use something like Google Analytics, you can tell where your visitors are coming from. If they come from Phatmass, then you know that they are clicking on the link here. If not, then you might want to consider posting the whole article instead of just the link. Either way, there are people who are interested enough to follow a link and there are those who are not, some might not even read the whole post on here.You can't second guess everyone. So do what works best for you.

I enjoy your blog because it gives me an insight into the daily life of an active Sister that isn't easily available elsewhere. 

Agree. Most of the blogs by sisters are contemplative or with religious apostolate. I'm attracted to helping the poors, and your blog if a good insight of this kind of life :) 

I would have cried if someone had come up with that kind of pay back for me. 

(I did have to look up how to short sheet a bed. This knowledge may have to be used at Thanksgiving...)

• 2 weeks later...

Sister, could you do a post about difficulties of working with elderly people, and how you (spiritually and mentally) deal with it ? I've been volunteering to go to mass and help elderly people on sunday, and the last weeks have been hard. I would be curious to have the advice of a sister who "work" in this field. Thank you ! 

sr.christinaosf

Could you please explain?  How do you find it hard?  What is challenging to you about working with older people?  Thanks.