An Old School Catholic Message Board

Awkward first contact?

4LoveofJMJ

AveMariaPurissima

Just as an adjunct to the suggestion to keep a notebook with questions at the ready, what are some of the specific questions discerners may want to ask about a community, about opportunities for vocational retreats on-site, about general requirements, about the application process, about the charism of the community and possible educational background requirements to meet the community's needs, about the current size of the formation group, etc.?

There was a thread about that a while back: http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/132411-questions-to-ask-communities/?page=1

MarysLittleFlower

This reminds me of some extremely awkward phone messages I've left haha... I don't mean discernment related but in general. Sometimes it helps just writing out possible questions and answers!

'Do you have any questions?'

'Of course, but since I didn't think to write them down, I'm going to smile blankly for a minute while I desperately try to think of something to say!'

:topsy: 

Swami Mommy

Ave Maria Purissima, thank you for the link.  This is a great list of questions to keep by the phone if one is expecting a phone call from a vocation director!