Nihil Obstat Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 It is fair to say that around the time of the Council Joseph Ratzinger had a strong reputation as a liberal. I also think it is fair to say that, while this impression did moderate over time and eventually paint him as conservative, there was simultaneously some moderating and re-evaluating of his own positions in that time, especially in the early years of John Paul II's pontificate.
Amppax Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 It was sarcasm. I have nothing but respect to pope Benedict XVI and his work (Caritas in Veritate changed me). Amppax said the founders of Concilium were not the best crowd, but, in the founders of Concilium were Joseph Ratzinger and Urs Von Balthazar. I am sorry if it was not clear or sounded insulting.(and, if you put yourself in the point of view of, let's say, Barack Obama, Cardinal Ratzinger was/is a dangerous theologian. The truth is dangerous. It may change you.) Sure. Although Ratzinger and Von Balthasar later broke with Concilium as it became more radical, and Congar didn't.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 You all have to make sure to distinguish between Sacrosanctum Concilium, and the Consilium. Very different entities.
Amppax Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 You all have to make sure to distinguish between Sacrosanctum Concilium, and the Consilium. Very different entities. Not talking about either. Talking about the theological journal Concilium. perhaps I should have italicized it for clarity.
Nihil Obstat Posted July 3, 2015 Posted July 3, 2015 Not talking about either. Talking about the theological journal Concilium. perhaps I should have italicized it for clarity. I knew I was forgetting something council-related!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now