An Old School Catholic Message Board

who is consecrated?

MarysLittleFlower

MarysLittleFlower

Thank you! :) he has not told me to dispense it etc... But I asked if I could make it more formal (like do it again more formally) and was told not at the moment while I deal with scruples. Maybe in the future. But my SD acknowledges I made a decision not to marry and I was not told to change that... I hope to discuss this with him again to be more clear. But right now he is encouraging me to discern religious life more seriously. 

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

BarbTherese

Thank you! :) he has not told me to dispense it etc... But I asked if I could make it more formal (like do it again more formally) and was told not at the moment while I deal with scruples. Maybe in the future. But my SD acknowledges I made a decision not to marry and I was not told to change that... I hope to discuss this with him again to be more clear. But right now he is encouraging me to discern religious life more seriously

Follow the advice of your SD - he is the one God has gifted you for spiritual advice and direction.  In the above, he is indicating a direction for you.  By asking advice and a direction of others and perhaps especially on Catholic Discussion sites, you might confuse things for yourself.  No one is likely to know you like your spiritual director and with God's blessings too.

If advice and/or directions from your SD is not clear or perhaps confusing, too difficult etc., it is with him alone that you need to sort things out - again ,asking others might confuse matters.

God bless

MarysLittleFlower

Follow the advice of your SD - he is the one God has gifted you for spiritual advice and direction.  In the above, he is indicating a direction for you.  By asking advice and a direction of others and perhaps especially on Catholic Discussion sites, you might confuse things for yourself.  No one is likely to know you like your spiritual director and with God's blessings too.

If advice and/or directions from your SD is not clear or perhaps confusing, too difficult etc., it is with him alone that you need to sort things out - again ,asking others might confuse matters.

God bless

im not asking here what to do :) I've actually decided to take a break from phatmass

MarysLittleFlower

Just to clarify though... I obviously did post for advice and I appreciate it :) I meant I agree with going to my SD to ask what to do concretely and of course he is the one guiding me

BarbTherese

If you are suffering from scruples, I know it is a very difficult trial indeed - I went through scruples for years.  Scruples is not any sort of failure, but merely a spiritual trial and suffering although I know that scruples can bring on all sorts of negative thoughts about oneself.  No matter where we are in the scheme of things, The Lord is right there with us as I feel you know - and with us especially in times of trial and suffering and I feel you know this too. God continue to bless and keep you close - and I hope you will find that a break from Phatmass is what you need since this is what you are choosing - and that your scruples will pass quickly.  May The Lord bless too your relationship with your SD. You will be missed here and I think you have asked some very important questions opening up your heart to us.  As I said in some other thread, I do think you are in a good place if it is a place of difficulty and trial - your poetry is beautiful.  May God bless too your discerning of religious life.  We do need holy and sound vocations to religious life and all forms of consecrated life and the priesthood.

I hope you will come back soon with much resolved

If you are suffering from scruples, I know it is a very difficult trial indeed - I went through scruples for years.  Scruples is not any sort of failure, but merely a spiritual trial and suffering although I know that scruples can bring on all sorts of negative thoughts about oneself.  No matter where we are in the scheme of things, The Lord is right there with us as I feel you know - and with us especially in times of trial and suffering and I feel you know this too. God continue to bless and keep you close - and I hope you will find that a break from Phatmass is what you need since this is what you are choosing - and that your scruples will pass quickly.  May The Lord bless too your relationship with your SD. You will be missed here and I think you have asked some very important questions opening up your heart to us.  As I said in some other thread, I do think you are in a good place if it is a place of difficulty and trial - your poetry is beautiful.  May God bless too your discerning of religious life.  We do need holy and sound vocations to religious life and all forms of consecrated life and the priesthood.

Beautifully said, and I agree.

MarysLittleFlower

Thank you so much Barbara! :) I do have scruples and my SD is helping me with that. God is with us always indeed :) God bless you! :pray: