An Old School Catholic Message Board

We've Gone Public!

Spem in alium

Spem in alium
16 minutes ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

I think everyone is as excited as you ! 

I can really sense my sisters' excitement too! I feel much more calm and at peace than I do excited, though. :hehe2:

Spem in alium

2.5 hours to go. I feel really nervously excited! Definitely getting the pre-wedding jitters now -- though they feel good :) 

At Mass, Father kindly prayed for me. It's been amazing to have had so much support and prayer. Thank you, pham.

Edited by Spem in alium

veritasluxmea

Goodbye Spem! 

I will say a prayer that whomever the Lord calls you to be and whatever He calls you to do, He brings to fulfillment. Thank you for sharing your journey with us! 

Spem in alium

I am now Sr Spem. Thank you, all, for your prayers. It was a beautiful ceremony full of love and joy, and I felt I was placing myself completely in the hands of Jesus, my Sisters and my foundress. Thank you.

NadaTeTurbe

Congratulation, sister Spem ! 

May the Holy Family of Nazareth guide you during the rest of your journey ! 

Edited by NadaTeTurbe

Sister Leticia

Congratulations! I remember looking at your congregation's website a while back and seeing photos of all their postulants, so in time you'll be up there with them! Meanwhile, I hope this new stage of your journey with and to God will be filled with life, growth and a stronger sense of who and what you are being called to be.

Spem in alium
12 hours ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

Congratulation, sister Spem ! 

May the Holy Family of Nazareth guide you during the rest of your journey ! 

Thank you, Nada! May they be my guide. :) 

10 hours ago, Sister Leticia said:

Congratulations! I remember looking at your congregation's website a while back and seeing photos of all their postulants, so in time you'll be up there with them! Meanwhile, I hope this new stage of your journey with and to God will be filled with life, growth and a stronger sense of who and what you are being called to be.

I'm sure in time I'll be there! Thank you, Sister. :) 

Spem in alium
6 hours ago, beatitude said:

It's nice to see your face at last. :)

Congratulations, Sr Spem. I'm praying for you.

Haha thank you! Sisters did a great job with taking pictures on the day, particularly my formation director: she wanted photo after photo! :) I am praying for you too.

5 hours ago, Comingback said:

Congratulations!  You will be in my prayers. 

Thank you! You're in my prayers too!

My first full day as a postulant was very peaceful. My superior asked me if I would write something about the ceremony which she could send to our general administration. When she read it, she said, "Don't forget to sign it as "Sr Spem". I was thinking, wow! Yes, I'm now Sr Spem! It's just amazing to think that I now belong to this congregation, that I am a member. I feel so unworthy of that, and at the same time so incredibly blessed to be here.

Spem in alium
3 hours ago, vee said:

Congratulations on this step in your journey, Sister Spem!

Thank you so much, friend! :) 

Spem in alium

Thank you so much, Jennifer! You are in mine also.

This won't be my first Easter Triduum in the convent, but it will be my first truly in community. This week has been so amazing. God's grace, His peace, and His blessings are just overflowing. He truly does free the captive heart and soul!