An Old School Catholic Message Board

Orthodox Nun with goats - Marigold

das8949

@das8949 very cute, thanks for sharing!

@puellapaschalis I actually had the same experience with finding lasagne on a monastery table! I agree that it's a good sign when simple things like that cheer you up! I think I was also relieved to find that it was ok to make food as 'complicated' as that... I'd been under the impression that it might be 'fish and a little dried pulse' (brownie points for whoever gets that reference ;)) so seeing lasagne was a relief.

There is a restaurant in central Mexico known for it's cabrito  (goat).  We had taken our kids, er.... children, there to eat when they were very young and they loved it.  When they were a little older, we took them once again when we were in Mexico.  The restaurant's selling point is that it uses the freshest goat available.  Well, our youngest had to use the restroom (she was about 6 at the time, now she's 38) so up we went.  When we were in there, we heard BAAAA BAAA coming through the window,  That did it.  She spilled the beans to her siblings that fresh meant "raised in the backyard and processed on site."  They couldn't eat, I couldn't eat, and my husband ate a dinner for 5 and loved it.  To this day I can't eat cabrito. 

Some day I'll tell y'all about the pozole (type of soup made with pork), but we'll need a thread with nuns and pigs   Bon apetit :)  

Wow, we digress quickly in this Phorum....it helps with the intensity and seriousness we find ourselves immersed in on a day to day basis.

puellapaschalis

There is a restaurant in central Mexico known for it's cabrito  (goat).  We had taken our kids, er.... children, there to eat when they were very young...

roflcopter.gif

Edited by puellapaschalis

We had taken our kids, er.... children, there to eat when they were very young and they loved it.  

Reminds me of a professor I had who was very strict about any student writing about 'kids' in a paper.  She'd usually retort with something about goats.  

....what is this silk pie of which you speak? Is it like this? (All praise the Pioneer Woman, btw. That lady taught me how to make proper mashed potato and French onion soup)

yes, that's it! It's heavenly except when it's made with goat milk!! Yuck!

Some day I'll tell y'all about the pozole (type of soup made with pork), but we'll need a thread with nuns and pigs   Bon apetit :)  

puellapaschalis

YouTube video title: 'Nun kisses live pig'

Would we have instead expected her to kiss a dead one? Does eating a piece of roast pork somehow equate to kissing it? Is eating spaghetti more akin to kissing (pasta in this case), as at least then you're puckering up a bit?

(Sorry, my mind wanders a bit...)

YouTube video title: 'Nun kisses live pig'

Would we have instead expected her to kiss a dead one? Does eating a piece of roast pork somehow equate to kissing it? Is eating spaghetti more akin to kissing (pasta in this case), as at least then you're puckering up a bit?

(Sorry, my mind wanders a bit...)

Hence the stabilitas?