Lil Red Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 If you watch The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, you know that Monday night he has "Headlines". Well last night, it must have been an advertisement for religious medals that someone sent in, and it was for a Miraculous Medal. The ad said, "Designed by Mary herself" which we all know the history of. And he made fun of it! :angry: He's like, "So Mary designed it, huh? She does this thing often?" or something to that affect. :angry: :angry: Usually I really like Jay Leno because he's pretty funny, but that was not. At least to me.
azaelia Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 Jay Leno annoys me. I've never seen anything by him that was worthwhile...so I watch Letterman. All in all though...all Late Night talk shows say something offensive at one point or another. Welcome to the secular world
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 I know Bill O'Reilly and Neil Cavuto at FOXNews read all of theirs...Cavuto sent me a very nice reply once...
azaelia Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 Yeah...but the FOXNews people are Jay Leno is...big-chinned.
Lil Red Posted June 15, 2004 Author Posted June 15, 2004 i don't really mind Leno, I usually watch him, because Letterman gets on my last nerve. but last night went too far. and his first guest was Shawn Wayans and he was extremely crude and disgusting (even for late night)
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 [url="http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/feedback/"]Feedback Section[/url] I click the part on the drop down menu that relates to this and nothing happens. See if any of you can have better luck.
azaelia Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 It just brings up my Outlook Express with this address: tonightshow@nbc.com and this subject: [i]Tell us your thoughts on a particular show[/i].
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 I sent a polite letter telling them that, in as far as the faith goes, the publication was not in error and I gave them a link to the Catholic Encyclopedia. I also gave a little plug for Phatmass, Flyfree, CatholicBoard, and Onerock...just in case they read the email outloud.
azaelia Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 [quote name='musturde' date='Jun 15 2004, 02:19 PM'] isnt he catholic? [/quote] Doesn't mean much.
theculturewarrior Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 Here is a challenge and an exhortation to everyone. Turn off your TV for one month. If you watch anything, watch EWTN. And when the month is over, and after you've had a month of reflection and peace, turn on some of the new programs. "Wife Swapping" comes to mind. And then see if TV really has any value whatsoever.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 [quote]Turn off your TV for one month. If you watch anything, watch EWTN. And when the month is over, and after you've had a month of reflection and peace, turn on some of the new programs. "Wife Swapping" comes to mind. And then see if TV really has any value whatsoever.[/quote] Here is an even bigger challenge: Go to seminary in the middle of nowhere. [url="http://terraserver.microsoft.com/addressimage.aspx?t=1&s=12&lon=-94.6874514560671&lat=40.24091318549&alon=-94.67401024&alat=40.22684649&w=1&ref=A%7c64433"]Definition of the "Middle of Nowhere"[/url] Try watching no TV, except for four hours the whole year (including the State of the Union Address) while at school and going back to watch TV at your home for one weekend a month. Note the progress and how much you despise TV progressively more and more over the course of the year, over each time you return home. Then, like I did, find comfort in Catholic websites and only rarely go to the television, if not for religious programming or news. I see the Culture of Death very clearly now, and it is everywhere, but I shall not fear it, for I shall clothe myself in the armor of light.
crusader1234 Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 I think that the only one worth watching is Conan O'Brien. Hes sort of predisposed to being on our side, and is hilarious just by himself regardless of guests or current events.
cathgirl Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 15 2004, 02:36 PM'] [url="http://terraserver.microsoft.com/addressimage.aspx?t=1&s=12&lon=-94.6874514560671&lat=40.24091318549&alon=-94.67401024&alat=40.22684649&w=1&ref=A%7c64433"]Definition of the "Middle of Nowhere"[/url] [/quote] hehe.. Anyway, Jay Leno usually doesn't get on my nerves (the few timest hat I watch late night stuff..), but this makes me mad! He shouldn't touch stuff like that. As if Mary doesn't get enough disrespect anyway! :angry:
the_rev Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 I like Letterman, even though I'm usually not up that late!!!!!!!! Great idea about the tube, I usually don't watch much secular T.V. I watch Little house on the Praire, then all teh Court Tv's and then "The Jury" on Fox. Sometimes I watch CSI, but usually the station at our house is channel 251, EWTN
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now