An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not Funny, Mr. Leno

Lil Red

If you watch The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, you know that Monday night he has "Headlines". Well last night, it must have been an advertisement for religious medals that someone sent in, and it was for a Miraculous Medal. The ad said, "Designed by Mary herself" which we all know the history of. And he made fun of it! :angry:

He's like, "So Mary designed it, huh? She does this thing often?" or something to that affect.

:angry: :angry:

Usually I really like Jay Leno because he's pretty funny, but that was not. At least to me.

Jay Leno annoys me. I've never seen anything by him that was worthwhile...so I watch Letterman. :cool:

All in all though...all Late Night talk shows say something offensive at one point or another. Welcome to the secular world <_<

Thy Geekdom Come

I know Bill O'Reilly and Neil Cavuto at FOXNews read all of theirs...Cavuto sent me a very nice reply once...

i don't really mind Leno, I usually watch him, because Letterman gets on my last nerve.

but last night went too far. and his first guest was Shawn Wayans and he was extremely crude and disgusting (even for late night)

Thy Geekdom Come

[url="http://www.nbc.com/nbc/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/feedback/"]Feedback Section[/url]

I click the part on the drop down menu that relates to this and nothing happens. See if any of you can have better luck.

It just brings up my Outlook Express with this address: tonightshow@nbc.com and this subject: [i]Tell us your thoughts on a particular show[/i].

Thy Geekdom Come

I sent a polite letter telling them that, in as far as the faith goes, the publication was not in error and I gave them a link to the Catholic Encyclopedia. I also gave a little plug for Phatmass, Flyfree, CatholicBoard, and Onerock...just in case they read the email outloud. :D

[quote name='musturde' date='Jun 15 2004, 02:19 PM'] isnt he catholic? [/quote]
Doesn't mean much. <_<

theculturewarrior

Here is a challenge and an exhortation to everyone.

Turn off your TV for one month. If you watch anything, watch EWTN. And when the month is over, and after you've had a month of reflection and peace, turn on some of the new programs. "Wife Swapping" comes to mind. And then see if TV really has any value whatsoever.

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]Turn off your TV for one month. If you watch anything, watch EWTN. And when the month is over, and after you've had a month of reflection and peace, turn on some of the new programs. "Wife Swapping" comes to mind. And then see if TV really has any value whatsoever.[/quote]

Here is an even bigger challenge:

Go to seminary in the middle of nowhere.

[url="http://terraserver.microsoft.com/addressimage.aspx?t=1&s=12&lon=-94.6874514560671&lat=40.24091318549&alon=-94.67401024&alat=40.22684649&w=1&ref=A%7c64433"]Definition of the "Middle of Nowhere"[/url]

Try watching no TV, except for four hours the whole year (including the State of the Union Address) while at school and going back to watch TV at your home for one weekend a month. Note the progress and how much you despise TV progressively more and more over the course of the year, over each time you return home. Then, like I did, find comfort in Catholic websites and only rarely go to the television, if not for religious programming or news.

I see the Culture of Death very clearly now, and it is everywhere, but I shall not fear it, for I shall clothe myself in the armor of light.