An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not Funny, Mr. Leno

Lil Red

crusader1234

I think that the only one worth watching is Conan O'Brien. Hes sort of predisposed to being on our side, and is hilarious just by himself regardless of guests or current events.

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 15 2004, 02:36 PM'] [url="http://terraserver.microsoft.com/addressimage.aspx?t=1&s=12&lon=-94.6874514560671&lat=40.24091318549&alon=-94.67401024&alat=40.22684649&w=1&ref=A%7c64433"]Definition of the "Middle of Nowhere"[/url]

[/quote]
hehe..

Anyway, Jay Leno usually doesn't get on my nerves (the few timest hat I watch late night stuff..), but this makes me mad! He shouldn't touch stuff like that. As if Mary doesn't get enough disrespect anyway! :angry:

I like Letterman, even though I'm usually not up that late!!!!!!!!

Great idea about the tube, I usually don't watch much secular T.V. I watch Little house on the Praire, then all teh Court Tv's and then "The Jury" on Fox. Sometimes I watch CSI, but usually the station at our house is channel 251, EWTN

voiciblanche

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 15 2004, 04:06 PM'] I think that the only one worth watching is Conan O'Brien. Hes sort of predisposed to being on our side, and is hilarious just by himself regardless of guests or current events. [/quote]
I agree. The funniest part of his whole show is when he just mumbles about nothing in the beginning, and it has nothing to do with... well, anything. Usually something and his hair and the drummer. :lol:

[quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 15 2004, 01:36 PM']
  Note the progress and how much you despise TV progressively more and more over the course of the year, over each time you return home.  [/quote]
This has been my experience, I usually go to Catholic websites or books, TV is filled with inappropriate comercials, and sensationalized news at times. We dont' have EWTN or I would probably watch that.

you guys shouldn't send angry letters. just educate him. he doesn't know anybetter. i mean headlines are my favorite part of his show but your right that was wrong what he did.

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jun 15 2004, 03:39 PM'] I agree. The funniest part of his whole show is when he just mumbles about nothing in the beginning, and it has nothing to do with... well, anything. Usually something and his hair and the drummer. :lol: [/quote]
i love it when he just wanders around the stage talking. he is so funny!

on the Tonight Show website, they don't yet have last night's headlines up, or i'd post where you could find this at.

I remember i use to watch this hour has twenty 22 minutes a lot and they had this one thing that was really quite funny and it was Catholic and i got a kick out of it:

Rick Mercer: Team Canada this year at the olympics faces a tough new comptetitor from Europe who seems to be miracoulously pulling ahead of the nordic competiton...

(Cuts to a sccene of Nuns (in full habit) skiing)

Team Vatican!!

[quote name='Banksey' date='Jun 15 2004, 02:47 PM'] you guys shouldn't send angry letters. just educate him. he doesn't know anybetter. i mean headlines are my favorite part of his show but your right that was wrong what he did. [/quote]
exactly wat i think... honestly before i knew, i woulda probably done the same thing because just look at it. the way its said doesnt make that much sense unless you are educated about it :\ so justeducate!

[quote name='lifeteener' date='Jun 15 2004, 04:42 PM'] exactly wat i think... honestly before i knew, i woulda probably done the same thing because just look at it. the way its said doesnt make that much sense unless you are educated about it :\ so justeducate! [/quote]
*whines* well, gee, can't we do both? *whines*

;) a little tongue in cheek humor