An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Is The Most Important Thing?

ironmonk

What is the most important thing?  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

40 Million Innocent Lives per year...

All the baby boomers can thank the democrooks for their social security problem.

-ironmonk

Reminds me of those who claim to be pro-life yet vote for pro-abortion candidates because they say they can't be one-issue voters. What b.s.!!!!! Abortion is NOT just another issue; life is the foundation of a society that is truly built on God, unlike today's society, which nowadays only CLAIMS to be built on God. Wait a minute . . . I take that back . . . no one seems to claim that these days! Everyone seems to do all they can to make it look like God has no part in this country!

Of course I would have voted for the most important thing a candidate can offer: a headful of wavy hair, but you forgot to offer that option, so I chose the 40 million unborn children. :P

Pax Christi. <><

IcePrincessKRS

Of course I would have voted for the most important thing a candidate can offer: a headful of wavy hair, but you forgot to offer that option, so I chose the 40 million unborn children.  :P

Pax Christi. <><

Aw, does that mean if I ran for office you'd vote for me? I'm pro-life AND I have curly hair. ;) :wub:

i say politics... 40million babies will go straight to heaven without having to put up with all the hypocrites and luke-warm christians there are on this earth as a result of stupid church politics.

Chastisement

The scary thing is it's more like 50 million.

And that's not counting the 400,000,000 children who have died courtesy of the action of the BC pill, which in these cases discarded the child before they could implant.

i say politics... 40million babies will go straight to heaven without having to put up with all the hypocrites and luke-warm christians there are on this earth as a result of stupid church politics.

Christans are not lukewarm because of politics within the Church. Christians are lukewarm because of protestantism plague of thought, because of TV, because their parents did not raise them right.

Killing a child in the womb goes against the laws of God.

international politics? You say "stupid Church plitics" and then you pick politics?

You can't be serious? If you are, maybe you should think a little deeper on the subject... from your statment, it appears you are the lukewarm one.

As Christians, we are obligated to stand up for those who cannot defend themselves.

We do not know for a fact that they go to Heaven. We hope on the mercy of the Lord. For all we know they could go to limbo, until they are preached to.

God Bless,

ironmonk

You've put such a spin on this, Ironmonk, that it's impossible for me to vote. With the way you've phrased the answer, there can be only one possible answer, but there is more to this than you're allowing.

40 million innocent babies' lives: Bush has done absolutely nothing to save these 40 million lives, and I challenge you to prove that he has done anything. It's time for the pro-life cause to face up to the fact that Bush and all the republicans are using the pro-life cause to further the republican political agenda, and are not actually interested in saving babies, otherwise they would have done something about it by now. So far, the only thing that's been done by republicans is the passage of the partial birth abortion ban. As I demonstrated in an earlier post, this will save the lives of only a small percentage of babies, if it will save any lives at all.

Not going to war with a man that is like Hitler: Here's where the spin comes in. You act as if Saddam Hussein is the only factor here. Are you, at your age, actually naive enough to believe that his Hitler-like personality justifies our unjust war? You do know that many Iraqis have been killed, but Saddam Hussein himself is actually still alive, right? This is not just about Saddam Hussein. It's about the murder of innocent Iraqis and the murder of our soldiers directly and indirectly committed by President Bush. If this is an unjust war -- and there's every indication that it is -- then Bush has committed multiple murders in Iraq, and I do mean murders. Whenever deaths are the result of an unjust war, they can only be called murders.

Taxing the rich more: Yes, the rich do need to be taxed a lot more, since Bush's tax cuts will not help the vast majority of Americans, and will keep those already in poverty in even deeper poverty. If they're rich, obviously they need to pay more.

Pollution: We'll all be dead, including unborn babies, if we continue to destroy the earth.

International politics: We'll all be dead, including unborn babies, if we continue to alienate the rest of the world and anger volatile nations like North Korea, Iran, and Syria.

Being a good speaker: I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but while we're on the topic... why is the man who runs the most powerful country in the world a complete idiot who doesn't know proper grammar?

Having Hollywood love you: I don't think anyone has brought this up either, but I'd like to point out that no one -- not in Hollywood or elsewhere -- loves President Bush, unless of course they're republicans and have been republicans for a very long time. Our own Pope has been extremely critical of Bush, and for good reason. He threatens to destabilize the entire world.

In conclusion, I refuse to vote in this poll because of the spin you've put on it. If you're going to talk about this issue, how about being honest about it, instead of lying like the republican party is notorious for doing?

gf,

Bush has repeatedly tried to get pro-life judges on the supreme court, each time they are filabustered by the democrooks.

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Just because you don't care to see what Bush is doing, does not mean he's not doing anything.

And there is no spin... That is what it comes down to.

Give the rich tax cuts and they create jobs.

You have got a lot of learning to do.

-ironmonk

Edited by ironmonk

Bush has repeatedly tried to get pro-life judges on the supreme court, each time they are filabustered by the democrooks.
Pro-life judges like "Catholic" Bill Pryor, you mean, who recently complied with a federal court order to remove the Ten Commandments from a courthouse in Alabama because it's his "duty" to uphold the federal court's decision? It's also his duty to uphold the Supreme Court's decision on abortion... does that mean he's going to do it? I sure hope not, since he's so pro-life and so "Catholic."

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

The solution is the Holy Catholic Church. I'm a part of it, Bush isn't. Therefore Bush isn't part of the solution, he's part of the problem. See? Your little phrases can be shot right back at you. The republican party is not the solution. Jesus Christ and His Holy Catholic Church are the solutions to the world's problems. Bush is a Methodist, and not a very good one at that. He cannot possibly be considered a part of the solution, since he lacks the Holy Catholic Church and the principles of Christ Himself, basic principles that even most Protestants accept.

Just because you don't care to see what Bush is doing, does not mean he's not doing anything.
You've cited one example of what he's doing that I easily shot down. Care to cite another one, perhaps this time one with more substance? Or are there no more to cite?

And there is no spin... That is what it comes down to.

There's no spin? Does it make no difference to you that Bush has ordered the death of (insert number here if Bush isn't hiding the true number from us) Iraqis? It must not, since you claim that his war is only against Saddam Hussein.

You have got a lot of learning to do.

I know. What would be nice is if, for once, you would recognize that you also have a lot of learning to do, and that in this issue you have a lot of learning to do about being Catholic first and republican second. If you were doing that, you would be able to see beyond the lies told by the republican party (as I have seen beyond the lies told by the democratic party) and move on to a more Catholic political opinion. As it stands, you are pro-death in a sense that's different than democrats, but nevertheless pro-death. You advocate for a man who murders. It's really that simple.

I do not advocate for democrats. But I will not advocate for Bush either. I will not advocate for or vote for a murderer.

Give the rich tax cuts and they create jobs.

Really? Where are they, then? Bush has been implementing tax cuts since he got into office, and jobs have been decreasing.

Taxing the rich more: Yes, the rich do need to be taxed a lot more, since Bush's tax cuts will not help the vast majority of Americans, and will keep those already in poverty in even deeper poverty. If they're rich, obviously they need to pay more.
Bush's tax cuts do help the majority of Americans... They stimulate the economy... It takes years to see the effects of presidential tax policies... our poor economy is due to clinton.

Pollution: We'll all be dead, including unborn babies, if we continue to destroy the earth.

We ARE NOT destroying the earth... The earth is not some fragile egg... 30 volcano's erupt every year... One volcano puts more CFC's in the air than we can do in 10,000 years... The hole in the ozone has ALWAYS been there... New Ozone is created EVERY second, the Sun's UV rays create Ozone when they hit oxygen.

International politics: We'll all be dead, including unborn babies, if we continue to alienate the rest of the world and anger volatile nations like North Korea, Iran, and Syria.
No we won't.

Being a good speaker: I don't think anyone has mentioned this, but while we're on the topic... why is the man who runs the most powerful country in the world a complete idiot who doesn't know proper grammar?

Bush is not an idiot. Anyone who says that he is, is a fool.... and is comparable to Jack Chick because they say things without checking.

Having Hollywood love you: I don't think anyone has brought this up either, but I'd like to point out that no one -- not in Hollywood or elsewhere -- loves President Bush, unless of course they're republicans and have been republicans for a very long time. Our own Pope has been extremely critical of Bush, and for good reason. He threatens to destabilize the entire world.

Ignorance is not bliss... so some study.

-ironmonk

Really?  Where are they, then?  Bush has been implementing tax cuts since he got into office, and jobs have been decreasing.

No they haven't.

Jobs have been increasing.

You watch to much liberal news... you should do some actual study before you pass the liberal propaganda.

-ironmonk

C'mon Speech, you mean to tell me that Democrats don't lie? They lie just as much as the Republicans. Me thinks you have an ideology that aligns itself with the Democratic Party, which causes you to be blind to the truth. The fact is this country is going straight down the crapper and both the Dem's and Repub's are to blame. Both sides point fingers at who is to blame yet they can't ever reach an agreement about anything. There has to be compromise from both sides and at this point is our countries history it aint happenin. Both sides have agendas, and those agendas are killing this country.