beatitude Posted December 25, 2015 Posted December 25, 2015 As most people know, Lil Red started a terrific Advent custom round here - after prayer, she would pick a patron saint from a basket for each person who requested one. This year she mentioned that she was extremely busy and not up for it. I will be attending a retreat with 24-hour Adoration over the secular New Year and it occurred to me that I could take a basket of saints' names into the presence of the Blessed Sacrament and draw out a saint for each Phatmasser who wants one there. Would people like this? I hope Lil Red will be able to resume doing this next year, as I loved getting a saint from her, but it seems a pity to let the tradition drop entirely while she's busy.
Archaeology cat Posted December 25, 2015 Posted December 25, 2015 I'm in. I'll try to do better this year. I'd like one for my entire family so the kids and I can get to know that Saint together. Though maybe we should work on getting to know the patron of our homeschool a little better (St John Bosco). Surely we can handle 2 Saints, if we study him and one that is drawn for the year, though.
Not A Real Name Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 I love this practice and would like to request a saint. Thank you.
MarysLittleFlower Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 I would be very glad to have one :) Thank you!
HopefulHeart Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 I would also like a saint. Thank you, beatitude!
Charbel Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 I would love to have one as well. Thanks for doing this! Can I also get one for my twin sister? God Bless you beatitude!
truthfinder Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 I'd love to have one too. Thanks for doing this!
Spem in alium Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 I am getting a patron with my Sisters, but would love one from you too!
Ash Wednesday Posted December 26, 2015 Posted December 26, 2015 Yes please, I could use all the help I can get.
Amppax Posted December 27, 2015 Posted December 27, 2015 I'll take one. Even though I forgot two weeks into January who mine was. Lol, whoops. Thank you very much beatitude.
Julie Posted December 27, 2015 Posted December 27, 2015 I would love one! Thanks so much (and thanks to Lil Red), what a beautiful idea!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now