Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you ever seen the Holy Pontiff Bishop of Rome John Paul II in Person?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

If yes where?

I was very fortunate to see His Holiness when i went to Italy last year and i went to a General Audience on a wednesday morning i got no lie within 10-15 feet of JP II i was wowed.

Posted

I was kissed by him as a baby. ^_^

Posted

[quote name='picchick' date='Jun 18 2004, 05:41 PM'] I was kissed by him as a baby. ^_^ [/quote]
über cool!

voiciblanche
Posted (edited)

NO! :sadder: And I want to go to WYD so badly; but I CAN'T! And it stinks! The Holy Father will probably pass into Heaven before I ever see him... guess I'll have to wait to see him there, God willing. ;)

Edited by voiciblanche
Posted

[quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jun 18 2004, 05:58 PM'] NO! :sadder: And I want to go to WYD so badly; but I CAN'T! And it stinks! The Holy Father will probably pass into Heaven before I ever see him... guess I'll have to wait to see him there, God willing. ;) [/quote]
Same here. Most of the colleges I really liked have freshmen come in during that time frame. :sadder: It makes me sad.

Posted

next summer! WYD 2005 :D

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote] I was kissed by him as a baby. [/quote]

So what?! I got a letter from Ronald Reagan as a baby!

















So what if it was a form letter asking new parents to vote for him?!





















Okay, you win, JPII is much cooler... :cool:










:P

Posted

I missed WYD in Toronto because our old youth ministry and parish priest aren't crazy about the pope... :sadder:

crusader1234
Posted

Nope, I probably will after I graduate when I go to visit The Holy See.

My mom got to meet (like actually met) John the 23rd. :o :o :o :o :o It was for the capping of a Cardinal that was a friend of my Grandpa. It was right around the time of V2 as well.

Posted

Yes, I've seen him.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

Yes, sorta... not up close and personal, but when he was in Toronto when I was about 4 we went to see him, and again when I was a teenager when he came to NYC.

Ash Wednesday
Posted

At World Youth Day in 2002, my boyfriend lifted me up and I saw the tippy top of his cute head, with the little white beanie when he was in the popemobile.

That was the best I could do. ;)

homeschoolmom
Posted

We had the opportunity to see him when we were in Rome... we went to the Coloseum instead... HSDad is still a little mad at me about that...

Posted

No, not in person.
But I have on TV.

Posted

Yes, when he visited Quigley South in Chicago in 1979. (That was our sister school; I went to Quigley North).

master_alterserver
Posted

no...my brother has...

Soldier4Him
Posted

WYD Toronto baby! I was 5 feet from him while he was in the Popemobile!!!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...