Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Have you ever seen the Holy Pontiff Bishop of Rome John Paul II in Person?  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Posted

No, but I really, really want to meet (or see) him someday. That'd be awesome!

God bless,

Jen

Posted

Nope not yet, but hopefully I will at world youth day 2005!!!!! :P

Mickey's_Girl
Posted

[quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 18 2004, 07:24 PM'] Nope, I probably will after I graduate when I go to visit The Holy See.

My mom got to meet (like actually met) John the 23rd. :o :o :o :o :o It was for the capping of a Cardinal that was a friend of my Grandpa. It was right around the time of V2 as well. [/quote]
That is WAY COOL!!!!!

Wow!!!!!

MG

Posted

[quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 19 2004, 04:22 PM'] WYD Toronto baby! I was 5 feet from him while he was in the Popemobile!!!! [/quote]
Didn't Peter in Family Guy steal the Popeomobile?

Posted

Well, I voted yes. But I didnt put where. I have seen him twice, and it was amazing both times. Once in Paris for WYD 1997, and then again in Rome for WYD 2000. I was closer in 2000 though. Probably less then a couple of feet he looked right at me and waved. Or least that's what I would like to believe there were a lot of people there..lol. :D

Posted

I was very fortunate to have been one of those people squished up against the fence while he drove by in the popemobile at WYD in Toronto.
Unfortunately, I will not be able to go to WYD2005. But it's okay because WYD already changed my life. I'll give someone else my "spot" so their life can be touched too!

Posted

5 ft away, 3 times, at WYD 2002. :P

Guest JeffCR07
Posted

Probably 5 or 6 years ago he came to Baltimore, MD. I saw him drive by in the popemobile. I was only like 12 or 13, and I wish I could see him again now that I'm more serious about my faith, but I have seen him, so I count myself fortunate.

Birgitta Noel
Posted

3 times

General Audience in 1982(ish)
World Youth Day 1993
Easter Mass in 1997

Posted

World Youth Day, Denver 1993

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...