An Old School Catholic Message Board

Websites Priests Are Likely to Visit

Gabriela

If you're a seminary student or aspiring priest and you know of any websites that seminary students or priests frequent, please post them here. I've got a few already, but not nearly all that's out there, I'm sure.

1 hour ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I happen to know that my priests are regular readers of Rorate Caeli and The Remnant. :)

Both of those sites need a serious facelift though. Hire a web designer! 

Edited by Peace

Just now, Peace said:

Both of those sites need a serious facelift though. Hire a web designer! 

Well, Rorate is just the simple old-school blog format. It works for their content. Clear and not cluttered. I rather like The Remnant's layout. Highlights new content and separates the different sorts of content. I am sure they could benefit from a design consult though; as I understand it they are really strapped for cash.

1 hour ago, Nihil Obstat said:

I happen to know that my priests are regular readers of Rorate Caeli and The Remnant. :)

:x

At least it's not Church Militant. 

In all seriousness, I'd be worried about the seminarians I know reading too much of either of those. Both seem to me to breed a hostility to bishops and superiors that I wouldn't think healthy for seminarians. I think it's important for priests to stay up-to-date on the happenings within the Church, and in that case perhaps they'd be helpful. 

Edited by Amppax
Beaver dam, I need to stop posting before I've thought.

5 minutes ago, Amppax said:

:x

That is not the smilie that I used. <_< 

Except now it is. I'm confused. Stealth Mediator of Meh? 

Edited by Amppax

3 minutes ago, Amppax said:

That is not the smilie that I used. <_< 

Except now it is. I'm confused. Stealth Mediator of Meh? 

I have seen it change several times. No idea what is going on there.

7 minutes ago, Amppax said:

At least it's not Church Militant. 

In all seriousness, I'd be worried about the seminarians I know reading too much of either of those. Both seem to me to breed a hostility to bishops and superiors that I wouldn't think healthy for seminarians. I think it's important for priests to stay up-to-date on the happenings within the Church. 

Definitely not CMTV.

Yeah, I would say it depends on the person, and especially what sort of support group that person has. I mean, a lot of seminarians over at Our Lady of Guadalupe? Personally I think they are fine. But so many of these seminarians and priests are so isolated from their confrères. An isolated priest is a recipe for disaster.

1 hour ago, CatherineM said:

Fantasy hockey and football. 

Really? Is that a thing?

I don't think we could afford to advertise on those sites... (which is why I'm asking, to advertise a new preaching website).

5 hours ago, Gabriela said:

Really? Is that a thing?

I don't think we could afford to advertise on those sites... (which is why I'm asking, to advertise a new preaching website).

Ah. I gotchu. Catholic Culture's website, I think they run ads, like for different Catholic publishing companies. Also OSV, National Catholic Register, every diocesan newspaper ever, um... If I thought about it more I can come up with a few more. It would be hard with sites like patheos or any blogs, because most seem to use Google ads (assuming that would be a negative). Also I'll send you a pm, just thought of some more. 

PhuturePriest
1 hour ago, Amppax said:

Ah. I gotchu. Catholic Culture's website, I think they run ads, like for different Catholic publishing companies. Also OSV, National Catholic Register, every diocesan newspaper ever, um... If I thought about it more I can come up with a few more. It would be hard with sites like patheos or any blogs, because most seem to use Google ads (assuming that would be a negative). Also I'll send you a pm, just thought of some more. 

Ooh! I know!

National Catholic Reporter. :|