An Old School Catholic Message Board

Websites Priests Are Likely to Visit

Gabriela

2 hours ago, DominicanHeart said:

Phatmass??

Yeah, I'm hoping I can get that one for free. ;) 

Great ideas, everyone. I'm making a list. Keep 'em comin'! :like2:

11 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

Hey, even Jesus hung out with heretics. :|

Which one is heretical? I know Commonweal, and I really like it. I don't know "America". 

PhuturePriest
11 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

Yeah, I'm hoping I can get that one for free. ;) 

Great ideas, everyone. I'm making a list. Keep 'em comin'! :like2:

Which one is heretical? I know Commonweal, and I really like it. I don't know "America". 

You like Commonweal? It's very liberal in its theology, at least last I saw. It was very pro-Kasper proposal, as an example.

America Magazine is a Jesuit publication. That's pretty much all that needs to be said. :|

11 minutes ago, PhuturePriest said:

You like Commonweal? It's very liberal in its theology, at least last I saw. It was very pro-Kasper proposal, as an example.

America Magazine is a Jesuit publication. That's pretty much all that needs to be said. :|

Commonweal comes up in a lot in academic searches. I haven't ever read a whole issue, but the articles I've seen that are related to my research are quite good. It's one of very few magazines that actually publishes stuff about the Church from a social scientific-ish perspective. If you compare it to the non-Catholic academic publications that publish stuff about the Church on occasion (like the Review of Religious Research or the Journal of Media and Religion or the Journal of Communication and Religion), it appears much more friendly to the Church. I can't tell you how many feminist screeds about Catholicism I've read in those other journals.

I'll add one to my own list: First Things. A great journal!

Edited by Gabriela

On 2/23/2016, 10:28:06, PhuturePriest said:

Wait a minute. I just looked at my files and realized the journal I was talking about was the Furrow, not Commonweal.

Doh! :getaclue: