Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

ok i put this in another trhead but i think it needs its own thread

ok i was just at a middle school dance and i was disgusted with the dancing of these ppl

it was absolutly disgusting to see all these ppl dancing the way they were- now im not tryin to be a party pooper but sum of the things that alot of kids were doin looked more like it belonged in a porno movie than at a middle school dance. even ppl from my school (which is Catholic) were doin these nasty unchaist things- i litteraly was about to barf

ugh
nasty


what do u think about it?

voiciblanche
Posted
<_<

In my opinion, dancing should be, like, the waltz or something. "Booty dancing" and all this other dancing you see on music videos, etc, is pure temptation. It's like holding a pornographic magazine in your hands and saying you won't open it. There are very few people who can watch a person dance in that way without looking at them lustfully and/or becoming aroused. That kind of activity, especially from so young a crowd, disgusts me. <_<
Posted

yea see like at the dance Ill admit it there were alot of girls that were pretty good looking but thats ok to say :D but i was disgusted by the dancing and if anything turned off by it. and what was even worse was they had like a large projection on the wall which showed the music videos of the songs that were being played- and these darn videos SICKENED ME- skanky girls all over in nothing more than a bikini and rubbing themselves all over the "pimpin" rappers- and it seemed these videos influenced the dancing of the ppl there- it utterly disgusted me how they view women and put them like that and whats even more amazing is that like all of the girls there thought it was fine and thought thats the way to be- for the pleasure of the big "pimp" guy

ugh

Posted

That stuff makes me sick. Therefore I don't go.

Posted

yea i decided im not goin to those dances no more- not to mention my freinds are too busy rubbing well we wont go there but there too busy to even talk to me barly
so

id rather stay hom play sum games post on pm and rock out :punk:

Posted

"Booty Dancing" is so nasty. :ph34r:

Posted

yea i just found that out 2nite

Posted

yes, I don't go, and I know many other people who don't go for pretty much the same reason.

Posted

i try not to view it at all.... :unsure: :P

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted (edited)

It's amazing how that when I was in 6th grade, a dance involved dancing with members of the opposite sex at elbows-locked arms-length apart. I'd literally dance with a girl touching her while standing as far from her as I could. Now I'm only in my lower 20's and 'dancing' has been grinding for years now. Sad. I went to a bar with a friend a few weeks ago along with a girl he like. All he was asking me about was if she seemed to enjoy it when he was grinding on her.

I'm glad I can judge my relationships with girls based on talking to them and praying with them. Women are still a mystery, but I can judge a situation based on much purer criteria. Thanks be to God!

Edited by 1337 k4th0l1x0r
1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

I'll let you guys know, I was out at a bar tonight, and we had to go to a bar that would allow under 21 people because we had a creepy alien with us. I had been to a couple bars in my city when I was under 21, but I only knew how to get to one of them. Anyways, it turns out that this bar was redneck, like really redneck. I said over to my friend who brought me along that I very well may have been the only one in the bar with a college degree. She said it may very well have been true.

Anyways, seeing 40-50+ year old women wearing teeny bop fashions grinding on men in their 20s was extremely disturbing. I didn't know whether to laugh or puke.

Posted

lol

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

you know dancing has really just degraded to a sexual activity these days! :club:

adn it truly disgusts me! it shows no respect for both ppl and its just plain sick.

we've had this problem too at church dances and its really fun being one of the youth ministers cuz we'll run all through the dance floor with rulers and tell them "Leave room for the HOly Spirit!" :rolling:

but really dancing is okay when you can offer it up for the greater glory of God and bootydancing is something you [b]cannot.[/b]

:wall: DOWN WITH MTV and their sick music videos!

Rebirth flame
Posted

dancing has become nothing but a preverse way of "having sex with your clothes on." Back in the day, dancing used to be cool! they had, like, swing dancin and stuff, and it all looked awesome! now, people need to flaunt themselves or they don't feel important or special. It scares me to think about what direction we're headed in... :sadder:

Posted

[quote name='Rebirth flame' date='Jun 19 2004, 10:30 AM'] dancing has become nothing but a preverse way of "having sex with your clothes on."


Back in the day, dancing used to be cool! they had, like, swing dancin and stuff, and it all looked awesome! [/quote]
you are absolutly right!!!!

last nite it looked like they were havin sex except they had their clothes on

you hit the nail on the head

and swing is awsome :dance:

so is moshing :punk: :group: :band:

and yes
down with mtv!!!!!!!! :saber: :duel:

Posted

I have to say I have often been a part of this sort of dancing and I don't really have a problem with it. I wouldn't do it at a church dance or anything or at a party for a family member but when I'm in bars/clubs or at people of my own age's parties then yes I do dance in a way that some would find inappropriate. The music I listen to is also the sort of music where on the videos you're likely to see this kind of dancing, but thats just me.
I know it aint very catholic of me and yes I may not have a lot of respect for myself but thats just who I am.

Posted

Yeap, I would have to agree about booty dancing being tantalizing. As a guy who is trying to stay chaste...it's not something I want to see.

Posted

It actually did the oposite for me- it disgusted me

like i wanted to puke

literaly

crusader1234
Posted

Curtins, the whole point of Booty Dancing being a sin is that it incites lust, just like kissing and stuff. If it made you want to puke (your 13 right) give it time and pretty soon you'll be throwing yourself at rose bushes.

I have to admit I do 'grind', and I probably shouldnt... I don't know I guess I'll have to figure out (for myself) how much of a sin it is.

Posted

wait are u saying this like im 13 and still think girls have cooties??
or as i get older it will make me even more sick?

cuz im past the cooties thing

lol

ive actually already went out with a girl for 3 months

yea maybe im a little young
but this booty dancing totaly sickened me because of how young these kids were and ugh it was just nasty

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...