voiciblanche Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 (edited) [quote name='curtins' date='Jun 19 2004, 07:52 PM'] wait are u saying this like im 13 and still think girls have cooties?? [/quote] Calm down, darling. He's not meaning to jab at you; he's not much older than you. Don't take things offensively - sometimes the old folks forget that innocence and childishness are two different things. Trust me, I know - they do it to me, too. Take it as a chance to be humbled. Edited June 20, 2004 by voiciblanche
Pio Nono Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 JMJ 6/19 - Immaculate Heart of Mary For what it's worth, I think it would be cool to take ballroom dancing lessons. And I'd like to learn how to waltz. I don't know when I'd use those skills, I'd just like to learn sometime. Then again, I don't know when I'll use my newly-acquired "Roman sculpture" skills, but I somehow thought it important for me to learn about it.
ilovechrist Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 oh... tough subject to touch on. here it depends where u go in the dancing, grinding-- that's a no-no. i don't see much of a problem with getting behind a girl and moving to the beat. i know where my line is, and i keep it chaste.
crusader1234 Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 good point... theres a difference between 'grinding' and actually GRINDING whle you are grinding... if that made any sense
crusader1234 Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 well, when your dancing with a girl to fast music really closely together its claled grinding, but some girls take it really far and like actually grind themselves into you. that would be a sin i think?
curtins Posted June 20, 2004 Author Posted June 20, 2004 sorry my intent wasnt to be defensive sorry :ph34r: it was more like a laughin manner- notice the lol hahah anyways
VeraMaria Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 I love dancing. Or used to. Every Christmas since I was 2 I've been dancing with my cousins n family in uruguay. There's a HUGE difference between what you see in Latino dancing and these school dances (at least from what I know) The Latino dancing I know and love and dance all the time is more of a everyone-for-themselves thing and it's more fun than you can imagine. It's moving to the music and having fun, not trying to show off to the opposite sex then I went to my first American school dance in 6th grade. I was sickened, i really was. I went to most school dances my school has had...but without fail it will turn ugly after a while. extremely. It makes my skin crawl to see it. The other day I was at a party and I was really tired after a day of sailing and I don;t know, must have been the tiredness, I suddenly felt so so so sad for my friends and the way they were dancing/acting because it's obviously leading to no good and I felt like crying. It disgusts me because everyone I know who "booty dances" has only one thing in mind. this teen culture is sick. and i agree flowery, darn MTV.
voiciblanche Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 [quote name='curtins' date='Jun 19 2004, 08:36 PM'] sorry my intent wasnt to be defensive sorry :ph34r: it was more like a laughin manner- notice the lol hahah anyways [/quote] LOL! I'm not yelling at you, lol! Rich just likes to make fun of the little ones sometimes... he thrives on it, actually... watch out...
curtins Posted June 20, 2004 Author Posted June 20, 2004 agreed- I LOVE DANCING like i was at a party that was for the grade above me that was gradution and it was this kids party at holiday inn and there was nothin to do but drink coke- get sugar high - and go crazy on the dance floor. and it was SO MUCH FUN it was even more fun cuz my class wasnt there and if they were there i would be "retarted" or "cant dance" cuz i wasnt rubbing my crotch into a girls behind but it was so much fun i was just goin crazy- like doin swing and the robot and like looser dances so much fun but yea
crusader1234 Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 I wasnt making fun of him, i was just saying that with age booty dancing becomes more appealing. Thats why its a sin - it incites lust. And if it doesnt, it eventually will. If it incites lust, you recognize this within yourself, then are disgusted, then thats a totally different thing.
Pio Nono Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 JMJ 6/19 - Immaculate Heart of Mary See, when you're like me and simply can't dance to save your life, you don't have to worry about these things. When people like me feel like they need another shot of humility, they go dancing.
ilovechrist Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 i like all kinds of dancing.. swing, salsa, tango, jitterbug, square... u name it, and i can do it--or learn it within 2 minutes
littleflower+JMJ Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 [quote name='Pio Nono' date='Jun 19 2004, 08:50 PM'] JMJ 6/19 - Immaculate Heart of Mary See, when you're like me and simply can't dance to save your life, you don't have to worry about these things. When people like me feel like they need another shot of humility, they go dancing. [/quote] i've said it once and i'll say it again....God bless you Pio Nono! [b][url="http://nomoho.org/16.html"]NOW EVERYONE READ THIS!! [/url][/b]
littleflower+JMJ Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 [quote name='curtins' date='Jun 19 2004, 10:00 PM'] whos he? [/quote] his from MTV, his a hardcore catholic and one awesome catholic speaker. he was on the Gaunlet (sp?) and on Real World on MTV where he lived out hsi faith (praying the rosary, teaching the other peeps all about Jesus and chastity) on TV!! his really famous and one awesome guy! i got to hang out with him and take a video shot with him when i met him back in feb i think it was........ his site is [url="http://www.supafly.com"]http://www.supafly.com[/url] and his site to promote chastity is [url="http://www.nomoho.org"]http://www.nomoho.org[/url] yup this guy......his the definition of spiffiness!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now