An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Jokes

BarbTherese

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Q: What sound does a Nun make on a dirt bike?

A: Nunnnnnnnnnn Nu Nunnnnnnnnn Nu Nunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn Nun Nun Nun Nun.

Doesn't work if you have never heard a dirt bike. :) And i'm not the greatest impressionist at the moment, very lethargic.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Here's a joke my late uncle loved to tell...

The Pope goes to New York. He is picked up at the airport by a limousine. He looks at the beautiful car and says to the driver, "You know, I hardly ever get to drive. Would you please let me?"

The driver is understandably hesitant and says, "I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm supposed to do that."

But the Pope persists, "Please?" The driver finally lets up. "Oh, all right, I can't really say no to the Pope."

So the Pope takes the wheel, and boy, is he a speed demon! He hits the gas and goes around 100 mph in a 45 zone. A policeman notices and pulls him over.

The cop walks up and asks the Pope to roll down the window. Startled and surprised, the young officer asks the Pope to wait a minute. He goes back to his patrol car and radios the chief.

Cop: Chief, I have a problem.

Chief: What sort of problem?

Cop: Well, you see, I pulled over this guy for driving way over the speed limit but it's someone really important.

Chief: Important like the mayor?

Cop: No, no, much more important than that.

Chief: Important like the governor?

Cop: Wayyyyyy more important than that.

Chief: Like the president?

Cop: More.

Chief: Who's more important than the president?

Cop: I don't know, but he's got the Pope driving for him!

Edited by enitharmon

“I Shouldn’t Have Chosen The Rainbow”

Several days after the US Supreme Court ruled that people with same-sex attraction have the right to “marry”, God admitted in an interview with AoftheA News that, in retrospect, using the rainbow as a symbol of his covenant with Noah was a poor choice.

“I shouldn’t have chosen the rainbow,” the Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth said. “I debated between that and the Northern Lights, and chose the rainbow simply because it was easier. Seeing how the Gay Pride movement has hijacked it and claimed it as their symbol…well, I regret it. Don’t get me wrong – I created the rainbow, so therefore it is good. How it’s being used today…eh, not so much.”

Which then begs the obvious question: didn’t He see this coming?

“I am outside Time and Space, so yeah, I’ve known this since before creation. I haven’t been caught off guard. Now, those rainbow-covered avatars on Facebook… unfortunate, really. So many people being ignorant and naive and trying to be ‘with it’. And then to see it displayed across the White House? Bad. So bad.

“What’s ironic is that sodomy was one reason I wanted to destroy mankind, because “every imagination of the thoughts of [man’s] heart was only evil continually” (Gen 6:5). Every imagination. Continually. Trust me, it’s in there. So to abuse the symbol of my pledge to never flood the earth again as punishment for man’s sins – a bit insulting, to say the least.

“Fire and brimstone, though – still in play.”

A priest, a nun, and a rabbi walk into a bar.  The bartender looks up at them and says, “what is this, a joke?"

DominicanHeart

What comes after the Recessional hymn? All the people who forgot to change their clocks

1 hour ago, Seven77 said:

A priest, a nun, and a rabbi walk into a bar.  The bartender looks up at them and says, “what is this, a joke?"

You win at Catholic Jokes

And he asked them, “But who do you say that I am?”

Peter answered him, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."

And Jesus replied, "Huh?"

Edited by enitharmon

• 2 weeks later...

From a Dave Allen skit (modified from the original)...

A priest is getting burned out, so he goes to the doctor, who advises him that he needs a change of pace and needs to "let loose" a little.  So, one day, he is at the racetrack, wins some races, and is at the bar enjoying a few drinks with his winnings and buying rounds for people there.  A lady with long flowing red hair comes up to him and says, "Thank you for the drink, Father."

He replies "You don't know me!".

She replies, "Yes, I do, Father".

Again, he relies, panicking, "no you don't".

The lady says, "Of course I do - I'm Sister Bridget - we go to the same doctor!".

missionseeker

What did Jesus say at the Last Supper? 

If you wanna be in the picture, get on this side of the table!