An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ahem. Some News. Thought You Should Know.

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest
10 hours ago, jcorsetti said:

miles_zpsp1o8cq2x.jpg

Should I be concerned that you saved a picture of me that I shared three or four years ago? :|

PhuturePriest
10 minutes ago, Hasan said:

I made you what you are. Take my name as your new Priest name or whatever.

I think being known as Father Sassy Gay Friend will cause scandal to the faithful.

Just now, PhuturePriest said:

I think being known as Father Sassy Gay Friend will cause scandal to the faithful.

not my problem. fair is fair

PhuturePriest
4 minutes ago, Norseman82 said:

So, if all goes well, do you know where you will be doing your seminary studies?

Holy Trinity seminary for college seminary, and one of three options for major seminary, including The Mount, Kenrick Glennon, and Mundelein, which is what I will be hoping for.

1 minute ago, PhuturePriest said:

Holy Trinity seminary for college seminary, and one of three options for major seminary, including The Mount, Kenrick Glennon, and Mundelein, which is what I will be hoping for.

Mundelein?  Thanks for the advance warning.

Seriously, I don't know if you've ever visited there, but Mundelein is a very relaxing place.  I've been up there a few times.  The new rector, Fr. Kartje, is a former astrophysicist (or something along those lines).  But brush up on your Polish, as many of your classmates will be from Poland.  (Or at least get an appreciation for pierogi and other Polish food, but then be prepared to run 5 miles a day to burn it off!).

PhuturePriest
1 minute ago, Norseman82 said:

Mundelein?  Thanks for the advance warning.

Seriously, I don't know if you've ever visited there, but Mundelein is a very relaxing place.  I've been up there a few times.  The new rector, Fr. Kartje, is a former astrophysicist (or something along those lines).  But brush up on your Polish, as many of your classmates will be from Poland.  (Or at least get an appreciation for pierogi and other Polish food, but then be prepared to run 5 miles a day to burn it off!).

I've wanted to go there ever since I learned Bishop Barron was the rector. Of course, now that I might go he leaves for California. :| But everyone I know who's been there loves it even without him. I also love Poland and Polish culture, so having a few Poles on campus will simply be a plus for me.

As a side note, on my way back to Kansas I had an impromptu ride on a train from Chicago onwards, and it just so happened I ended up meeting a seminarian from Mundelein. We talked the whole way back, and he told me that everyone in their third year there finally gets a class with Barron, which everyone says is really good. However, he left right when he was going to enter into his third year, so he never got the class.

PhuturePriest

Yesterday I bought a suit for my meeting, which is currently being tailored. I'll also buy some new shoes for the occasion as well. Unfortunately, due to having played football in them, my old dress shoes are in a horrid condition. :P

Basilisa Marie
3 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

OH MY STARS IF YOU END UP AT THE MOUNT OH MY GOODNESS YES. 

They do a really good job forming good priests there. At least my priest friends from there are really fabulous, idk about the rest. I also have a friend at Mundelein and he really likes it, so it's not a bad first choice.  

But if you go to the Mount you can join the Militia Immaculata group and we can basically be Marian Consecration siblings. :D

Edited by Basilisa Marie

PhuturePriest
8 minutes ago, Basilisa Marie said:

OH MY STARS IF YOU END UP AT THE MOUNT OH MY GOODNESS YES. 

They do a really good job forming good priests there. At least my priest friends from there are really fabulous, idk about the rest. I also have a friend at Mundelein and he really likes it, so it's not a bad first choice.  

But if you go to the Mount you can join the Militia Immaculata group and we can basically be Marian Consecration siblings. :D

My parish priest is from the Mount. He's a pretty cool guy.

And nice! I'll have to do that if I end up there.

Edited by PhuturePriest

On 4/15/2016, 6:21:08, PhuturePriest said:

Should I be concerned that you saved a picture of me that I shared three or four years ago? :|

I guess that depends what you mean by concerned.......