2016 Ordinations, Vows, Entrances

From Genesee Trappist Abbey in New Rok: 

November 13, 20216:  At this month’s meeting of the Abbot’s Council our senior postulant, Br. Placid Larkin, was approved for entering the novitiate upon completing six months of postulancy. After making a five day retreat he will begin the new liturgical year with a ceremony in chapter November 27th, the first Sunday of Advent in which he will be clothed in the habit of a novice.

• Like 1
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Luigi

• katherineH

• NadaTeTurbe

• Quasar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Myself and one other brother will be making our Solemn Professions on Corpus Christi Sunday. We have one other brother who will be making Simple Profession a couple days later.

I enter Holy Trinity Seminary August 19th for the diocese of Wichita, KS.

Please join our Missionary Benedictine Sisters in giving thanks for our new Postulants! 

Posted Images

Conception Benedictine Abbey in northwest Missouri:

Novice Nicholas professes first vows on November 11: 

https://www.conceptionabbey.org/5089-2/

################################ In other news...

Corpus Christi monastery in the Bronx is the oldest monastery of Dominican nuns in the US - it may well also be in the worst neighborhood of any Dominican monastery in the nation (that's not stated explicitly on their website, but one gets that impression by inferring from occasional comments here and there). I get the impression that their convent was the model for the large nearly-empty monastery in "Sister Act" ...  but I've been wrong about bigger things than that!  

They have a capital campaign under way to renovate their chapel. 

But the big news is they have a postulant! http://www.opbronx.org/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Dominican-Nuns-Newsletter-November-2016.pdf  I've been checking on their website for a few years now, and I don't remember them ever mentioning a postulant before, so this may be their first in a long time. 

Whatever the case may be, if you know any prayers, you might want to say them for postulant Teresa. 

Edited by Luigi

On August 15, 2016, Br. James Jensen, OSB, Br. Peduru Fonseka, OSB, and Br. William Sprauer, OSB made their solemn professions as monks of Saint Meinrad Archabbey. The full event can be viewed on St. Meinrad's YouTube channel, but I can't post the link here.