Apollo Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 Let's talk about it. My verse is ready...any news on a beat? Peace, Love...and Hip-Hop, Apollo :ph34r:
Apollo Posted June 29, 2004 Author Posted June 29, 2004 [quote]It's the "Pro-Life: beat on soundclick [/quote] I like it, but is there anyway we might be able to boost the BPM by maybe 5 or so? I think it would assist me in my style of rhyming. If that is gonna burn ya'll though...I guess I could throw some brakes on. This track is gonna hit hard.
Apollo Posted July 1, 2004 Author Posted July 1, 2004 [quote]OK BRO, IT'S at 95 bpm now and it's on Soundlick!! [/quote] Sweet...thanks dude! I will listen to it as soon as I get home.
Apollo Posted July 1, 2004 Author Posted July 1, 2004 I just listened to it and...OH SO MUCH BETTER!!! Thank you!!! MC JUST FOR PRESIDENT!
Apollo Posted July 17, 2004 Author Posted July 17, 2004 (edited) My finished verse: For 30 years long, hearin the same sorrow song of blood shed and tears that mirror the cries of the young dumbfounds this one how thousands (u)pon thousands come to kock their guns and slaughter sons with doctor's gloves God's greatest gift victimed by world's viscious sin Submittin their riches for stitches that won't heal in the end Actin as malicious merchants sellin sex and buyin dying testifying to truth, but living a lie Why is it that the mass blasts are class acts to the eye, but gas mask attacks combat facts? Fact is, some activists miss the jist that justice is not puttin hits on clinics (but) It is raising up your fists in resistance preaching repentance and seeking forgiveness Six-hundred kin killed while you've been listenin Like rigormortis take a minute and let it set in Your thoughts? Anyone...Anyone... Edited July 17, 2004 by Apollo
point5 Posted July 17, 2004 Posted July 17, 2004 that man knows how to write...but he'll never beat Balboa
Apollo Posted July 18, 2004 Author Posted July 18, 2004 [quote]but he'll never beat Balboa [/quote] "my flows hit hard like blows to tha nose of Rocky Balbo-a"
flip Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 apollo.... that rhyme was sooo ill. i wish i could write half as good as that
MC Just Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 (edited) Here's my verse, tell me what ya'll think Grave decisions, made in abortion clinics, Catholics pray, rosaries for an end to this sin, it’s not a matter of Choice, but murder of a Child made in God’s image/a new creation, a miracle, it’s sacred/all have a right life, no one has the right to take it, face it, the apostles taught the way of life, and warned about abortion and infantcide we’re going to turn the tides, rid society of lies saying it’s just a blob of tissue, if you haven’t seen the pictures, look deeper in the issue, a special and unique human being, life before birth destroyed for what reason? you were once in a womb, we want you to see this, envision metal tools and suction tubes tearing you to pieces, the horror I know we fight unceasing around the globe, the rise of the death toll, 40 million and counting, the stopping of those little hearts pounding, America doesn’t know what Abortion is, open your eyes, we’ll show you it.. Edited July 18, 2004 by MC Just
Apollo Posted July 18, 2004 Author Posted July 18, 2004 Thanks guys! Just your verse hits home hard! This track is gonna hit like a brick!
Sammy Blaze Posted August 19, 2004 Posted August 19, 2004 Yo do yall need another verse for the abortion track? I just felt like posting this verse, I wrote it a long time ago so If It's wack its all good: This song is dedicated to the one’s that never made it/ to see the light of day, pray when I say I hate it/ In all the Earthly struggles, in this my heart is torn/ Never forget the little ones that were never born/ Consumed in the womb by the darkness of the night/ Never be able to enjoy the pleasures of this Life/ Joys of a Husband, or the knowledge of a Wife, children of their own, to raise em in a loving home/ Deserted and alone, and for this we must atone/ through the generations/ 30 years of unholy legislations/ No walking down the isle for a high school, college graduation/ Congratulations, there are no birthday celebrations/ So for this, For the millions, light a candle in remembrance/ on the feast day of the Holy Innocence/ ~Eschaton
maydbyGOD Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 im tellin u, u guys need to have an "intro" to this track.. dex wrote the illest thing on abortion, from the words of a baby who was aborted... here is what he wrote.. its raw.. like he should spit it and then the beat should come on... fo real. yo the Voice who never spoke My presence outnumbers the stars. I have the ability to change the world. Probably the only remedy to the chaos I will never hear. Politicians decide if I am worth going through birth. My growth is broken because I haven't spoken yet. You didn't have a need for me, but I have always been ready. Give me the ability to speak and I will scream for my freedom. I will scream to breath freely. Free me from the shackles that I am too small to bare. If you're scared of seeing my face, let's exchange place. Imagine finishing the race but never recieving the prize. Imagine seeing beauty but being partially blind. Imagine given life but in the end being denied. I'm scared too, but the only person that needs to know is too selfish to care. I am the voice that can never make a difference. I am the voice that the world can never stop to listen. I have been created but now I am just a figment of your imagination. Just another useless voice who never existed. If I had the ability to speak, I will scream for my freedom. I will scream to breath freely. Free me... © 2004
flip Posted August 20, 2004 Posted August 20, 2004 this would be dope. like a pre-track before the abortion track starts. just another of dex 1's ill poetry....
dUSt Posted August 25, 2004 Posted August 25, 2004 Yo, I just confirmed with Righteous B. He's going to be on this track. Cool huh? I'll send him the beat and he'll drop a verse from his studio. Should we get the other verses recorded with the hook done before we send it to B?
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now