Iacobus Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Here in IL it is SPRING! The birds are out and the temp is a livable 70* F. None of that 105* Heat index stuff anymore. At least for a few days. SO it is SPRING at last. And the river is kinda going down!!
qfnol31 Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Summer's here. It's nice and warm here, 90 right now.
homeschoolmom Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 We got cheated out of spring... it rained for weeks on end... No that it's technically summer, we are getting some nice weather... but soon the mosquitoes will be out and it will be so humid... Why, oh, why do we live here????
Sojourner Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:12 PM'] We got cheated out of spring... it rained for weeks on end... No that it's technically summer, we are getting some nice weather... but soon the mosquitoes will be out and it will be so humid... Why, oh, why do we live here???? [/quote] My thoughts exactly! You should move east and a little south. Much more temperate ...
~*AnCoRa33*~ Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 OH, to live somewhere other then Houston!!! Where there are 2 nice days a year!!! 90 DEGREES!!!!!! It is 100, the heat index was 108 today!!! PLUS HUMIDITY!!! AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! Talk about oppertunity for graces!!! Aren't I lucky!?
homeschoolmom Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:16 PM'] My thoughts exactly! You should move east and a little south. Much more temperate ... [/quote] I have no desire to live in Illinois...
VeraMaria Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Yeah, FINALLY summer!! Way to start the summer I had...it rained non-stop (that didn't stop us from sailing though) and you try sailing in Key Biscayne Bay for four hours in huge waves and rain and wind... gotta love the wet Miami summer and hurricane season
VeraMaria Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 lol, 100 here I hate humid, hot, pressing, heavy HEAT :hide:
Sojourner Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:23 PM'] I have no desire to live in Illinois... [/quote] Who said anything about Illinois? People from Illinois are all a little ... well, you know ... :ph34r:
homeschoolmom Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Hey, Hey!! :angry: HSDad is from Illinois... Just that [i]I[/i] don't wanna live there...
Sojourner Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:30 PM'] Hey, Hey!! :angry: HSDad is from Illinois... Just that [i]I[/i] don't wanna live there... [/quote] he he ... Before the hate mail starts flying, I know many wonderful people from Illinois (one of whom, I'm sure, is HSDad). It's a great state. But I don't want to live there. Or at least I'm not planning to right now ...
immaculata Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 21 2004, 07:23 PM'] I have no desire to live in Illinois... [/quote] :angry: -_-
immaculata Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Jun 21 2004, 07:27 PM'] Who said anything about Illinois? People from Illinois are all a little ... well, you know ... :ph34r: [/quote] I love bein a Illinoisian!! [url="http://www.lincolnnet.net/users/lxes103/illinois.htm"]You know you're from Illinois when....[/url]
Sojourner Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:35 PM'] I love bein a Illinoisian!! [url="http://www.lincolnnet.net/users/lxes103/illinois.htm"]You know you're from Illinois when....[/url] [/quote] Oddly enough, that sounds kinda like Indiana
homeschoolmom Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='immaculata' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:35 PM'] I love bein a Illinoisian!! [url="http://www.lincolnnet.net/users/lxes103/illinois.htm"]You know you're from Illinois when....[/url] [/quote] I heard those jokes about Minnesotans... especially true is the ending with prepositions ala "you wanna go with?" Doesn't everyone say that? But "sack"? That's Iowan...
Sojourner Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 Aren't Minnesotans the ones who pronounce "bag" and "beg" the same way? As in, "You want me to put this in a beg?"
homeschoolmom Posted June 21, 2004 Posted June 21, 2004 [quote name='Sojourner' date='Jun 21 2004, 06:41 PM'] Aren't Minnesotans the ones who pronounce "bag" and "beg" the same way? As in, "You want me to put this in a beg?" [/quote] Hey, I resemble that remark! I had a friend who moved here who was shocked when she went to purchase her one item. The cashier said, "you wanna beg for that?" To which my friends said that no, she'd pay cash... Another of my friend's daughter said, "Mrs. Homeschoolmom, you say bag funny." They're from Oklahoma...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now