An Old School Catholic Message Board

Dating My Daughter

Didacus

[quote name='pat22' post='1931524' date='Jul 25 2009, 10:07 AM']ya, weird movie[/quote]

It was [i]not[/i] a weird movie. It was amazing.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1931712' date='Jul 25 2009, 01:50 PM']It was [i]not[/i] a weird movie. It was amazing.[/quote]

Wasn't that some kind of chick flick?

[quote name='CatherineM' post='1931765' date='Jul 25 2009, 02:33 PM']Wasn't that some kind of chick flick?[/quote]

It was a made-for-TV movie.

Edited by Resurrexi

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1931712' date='Jul 25 2009, 12:50 PM']It was [i]not[/i] a weird movie. It was amazing.[/quote]

I don't know I think "amazing" is perhaps a little over the top. :mellow:

And made-for-TV movies are chick flicks, more often than not. Maybe because apparently hollywood doesn't think women go see "girl buddy" movies anymore. Not quite sure what that means...

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1931857' date='Jul 25 2009, 05:23 PM']Case in point:
Camp Rock is both a chick flick and a sappy kid's movie.[/quote]

I didn't even know that Canadian cable had the Disney Channel.

tinytherese

I enjoyed that movie. It's sure been a while though. Disney channel original movies used to be good.

I can see my big brother being protective of me. He once told me that if it were up to him that he would never allow me to marry anyone and he is an ex-cop so he'd be a dangerous dude to mess with.

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1931927' date='Jul 25 2009, 06:24 PM']I didn't even know that Canadian cable had the Disney Channel.[/quote]
Well I think you can get it in cable bundles. We had that show on Family Channel, which is pretty much exactly the same as Disney Channel with a few Canadian shows.

[quote name='Resurrexi' post='1931274' date='Jul 25 2009, 12:30 AM']Does anyone remember the movie [i]My Date With the President's Daughter[/i]?[/quote]

[size=1]
yes[/size] :unsure:

VeniteAdoremus

I just showed that application to my mum. She laughed quite loudly for an extended period of time.

But what's wrong about noticing a girl's tresses or academic record first?

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='VeniteAdoremus' post='1934173' date='Jul 28 2009, 04:43 PM']But what's wrong about noticing a girl's tresses or academic record first?[/quote]
It shows you're too focused on worldly things. :mellow:
The only correct answers are "her soul" and "her state of grace" or maybe (but this one is more risqué) "her odour of sanctity."

[quote name='Nihil Obstat' post='1934201' date='Jul 28 2009, 04:01 PM']It shows you're too focused on worldly things. :mellow:
The only correct answers are "her soul" and "her state of grace" or maybe (but this one is more risqué) "her odour of sanctity."[/quote]

But I think if that's the first thing you noticed about her you probably wouldn't be looking very hard. To know someone's soul takes a little time! At least it should!

Nihil Obstat

[quote name='zunshynn' post='1934245' date='Jul 28 2009, 05:38 PM']But I think if that's the first thing you noticed about her you probably wouldn't be looking very hard. To know someone's soul takes a little time! At least it should![/quote]
Oh. I thought everyone could do it easily. :mellow:

Hah, I wish. :P

Well the odour of sanctity stands.