Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted
1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

I see Colorado Propsition 106 approved Doctor Assisted Suicide.  

Prop 106 was heavily supported by the "nice" party, Democrats.  (And the majority also voted for Hillary).  It was called "medical aid in dying" and a "healthcare right for the aged disabled".   

Can that stand up against federal law?

Honestly, calling "you can pay someone to kill you" "healthcare" is really a rhetorical somersault. I mean, in the case of abortion you can at least say it's "healthcare" for the woman. It's a stretch even there. But in euthanasia... whose "health" is being "cared" for? (I know, I know. It's the fiscal health of the children/insurance company. I need an "outraged at how hypocritical and full of poo our country has become" emoticon. Maybe a nice little yellow angry face blowing up some important building?)

dominicansoul
Posted
1 hour ago, Peace said:

More like you were pissing on a dead man's grave.

She lost. No need for it at this point when we need to be positive and try to come together as a country.

"Let there be peace on earth, and let it begin with you..."

 

Is that how the song goes??? 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

Can that stand up against federal law?

Honestly, calling "you can pay someone to kill you" "healthcare" is really a rhetorical somersault. I mean, in the case of abortion you can at least say it's "healthcare" for the woman. It's a stretch even there. But in euthanasia... whose "health" is being "cared" for? (I know, I know. It's the fiscal health of the children/insurance company. I need an "outraged at how hypocritical and full of poo our country has become" emoticon. Maybe a nice little yellow angry face blowing up some important building?)

I hope you're joking about the angry emoticon you suggested.

Thanks to social media, society has gotten good at redefining.

As we've seen with marijuana, federal law doesn't men too much if the State citizens want it and it isn't generally seen as hateful.  Abortion was sold as women's healthcare.  The pro-life movement should redefine fstus rights as "developmentally challenged person's rights". 

Abortion was not illegal or acceptable for centuries when it was considered baby killing.  Change it to healthcare rights for a mom and body and we have what we have now.  It's not hateful.

 

Posted
1 hour ago, Peace said:

More like you were pissing on a dead man's grave.

She lost. No need for it at this point when we need to be positive and try to come together as a country.

Does somebody need a hug?

virtual_hug.gif

Posted
13 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

I hope you're joking about the angry emoticon you suggested.

Thanks to social media, society has gotten good at redefining.

As we've seen with marijuana, federal law doesn't men too much if the State citizens want it and it isn't generally seen as hateful.  Abortion was sold as women's healthcare.  The pro-life movement should redefine fstus rights as "developmentally challenged person's rights". 

Abortion was not illegal or acceptable for centuries when it was considered baby killing.  Change it to healthcare rights for a mom and body and we have what we have now.  It's not hateful.

 

Right now the dominant liberal narrative is victimhood. The biggest victim is necessarily right and justified. Unborn babies do no figure into that narrative because it conflicts with other victim statuses.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Right now the dominant liberal narrative is victimhood. The biggest victim is necessarily right and justified. Unborn babies do no figure into that narrative because it conflicts with other victim statuses.

You are so right on the victim mentality.  I just read an interesting piece on the Washington Post.  Obama was elected because he appeared to be a champion for blacks and minorities by the majority of voters. Trump was elected by the non-college educated suburbanites who felt like government has abandoned them and victimized them for other newcomers.   That's essentially Brexit.

My fantasy is Democrats championing healthcare for poor in cooperation with Republicans championing life rights for the unborn. Dems and Reps for a sane immigration plan that responsibly allows great numbers of immigrants after vetting in a manner and pace we're comfortable with and supported by the community.  

Victimhood is essentially an Us versus Them mentality. My fantasy is a Purple America that needs Red and Blue together.   

Posted
10 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

non-college educated suburbanites

I'm pretty sure this is a contradiction in terms.

Posted
47 minutes ago, Papist said:

Does somebody need a hug?

virtual_hug.gif

Heh. That is the kind of response that people make when they know that they are wrong.

I accept your apology.

Good day.

Posted

Euthanasia isn't federal. It's entirely state defined because murder is a state thing unless you do it on federal land or off the president. 

Posted
1 hour ago, Gabriela said:

Can that stand up against federal law?

Honestly, calling "you can pay someone to kill you" "healthcare" is really a rhetorical somersault. I mean, in the case of abortion you can at least say it's "healthcare" for the woman. It's a stretch even there. But in euthanasia... whose "health" is being "cared" for? (I know, I know. It's the fiscal health of the children/insurance company. I need an "outraged at how hypocritical and full of poo our country has become" emoticon. Maybe a nice little yellow angry face blowing up some important building?)

I'm pretty sure Canada legalized assisted suicide ("medical aid in dying") under the auspices of the Charter of Rights and Freedoms section on the basis that everyone has the right to life. As well, since suicide isn't illegal (afaik, only attempting suicide is), and since so far assisted suicide is limited to those who have a terminal disease (not mental illness), the initial arguments went that it was discrimination to not help someone who was disabled kill themselves. 

Posted
8 hours ago, Anomaly said:

My fantasy is a Purple America that needs Red and Blue together.   

 

 Purple America = American Solidarity Party

Archaeology cat
Posted
8 hours ago, Anomaly said:

You are so right on the victim mentality.  I just read an interesting piece on the Washington Post.  Obama was elected because he appeared to be a champion for blacks and minorities by the majority of voters. Trump was elected by the non-college educated suburbanites who felt like government has abandoned them and victimized them for other newcomers.   That's essentially Brexit.

My fantasy is Democrats championing healthcare for poor in cooperation with Republicans championing life rights for the unborn. Dems and Reps for a sane immigration plan that responsibly allows great numbers of immigrants after vetting in a manner and pace we're comfortable with and supported by the community.  

Victimhood is essentially an Us versus Them mentality. My fantasy is a Purple America that needs Red and Blue together.   

Agreed

23 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

 Purple America = American Solidarity Party

:) 

Posted

I'm cautiously optimistic.  I'm not going delude myself into thinking it's all over, and everything's going to be wonderful and rosy with President Trump.  It's not.  Conservatives are still going to have a lot to fight, and will really have to hold his feet to the fire, and demand he stand up for what's right, and keep his promises to nominate solid SCOTUS candidates.

But I am tremendously relieved and very, very happy that the absolute disaster of a Hillary Rodham Clinton presidency has been averted, and I thank God for that.

Posted
42 minutes ago, MIKolbe said:

so.. who won?

America.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Gabriela said:

False.

Money.

Bullflop.  How did money win?

We had a vote.   People choose to be superficial or not.  Who sold their vote for $5?

The loser in the presidential race spent way more money.  

Posted
1 hour ago, Anomaly said:

Bullflop.  How did money win?

We had a vote.   People choose to be superficial or not.  Who sold their vote for $5?

The loser in the presidential race spent way more money.  

Yeah, but the winner represents Big Money. (Of course, so did the loser. We really had no choice. Money was going to win no matter what.)

:( 

Posted

Once Trump is sworn in, he will knock off the richest President prior to him, George Washington. (Followed in order by: Jefferson, Kennedy, Roosevelt, Jackson, Madison, Johnson, Hoover, FDR, Bill Clinton who had more than twice the worth of either Bush). 

Posted
On 11/9/2016 at 10:03 PM, Gabriela said:

Honestly, calling "you can pay someone to kill you" "healthcare" is really a rhetorical somersault. I mean, in the case of abortion you can at least say it's "healthcare" for the woman.

"Abortion=healthcare" is just another rhetoric somersault. 

How does it help the mother's health? It doesn't. But it is always harmful, for the soul.

It is sometimes a traumatic experience for the mother, leaving deep scars emotionally as well.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...