An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Profession....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

1337 k4th0l1x0r

Piano repair. You should start with the one in your avatar :)

Seriously? Become a teacher. The world needs teachers who are rooted in morality.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

I suppose I should've added:

From what you know of me on Phatmass, what profession do you think I should go into?

I recommend teaching also. Compassionate people, but who have convictions (much like yourself) make the best teachers.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Hmm...first time (of course there's two suggestions for me being a teacher) that I've heard I should be a teacher...

Lounge Daddy

[font="Courier"]I can see you doing really well as a teacher - for real. Actually I have a thought on this – I share it with you when I see you next, just remind me.

Also:
Sales – because you come across as honest, sincere, and personable on a first impression… and this is gold in sales.
I was an appliance salesman at Sears, and I can see you doing really well in an environment like that. You would really rock at commissioned sales.
The only problem is so many places are going from commissioned sales to hourly-paid salespeople.[/font] :cool:

theculturewarrior

Have you considered nursing? It is in demand, high paying, and it is always good to have a doctor or nurse (or in my case pharmacist) in the family.

homeschoolmom

Oh, yeah... Nursing IS a really good choice. It's one of those jobs that you can live anywhere and get a job. And, as TCW said, it's always in demand... Unlike teaching which ebbs and flows...

Yeah, I seriously considered nursing for a while. Nurses are in short supply, and it's getting shorter as all those Baby Boomers are starting to retire. Actually, there are a lot of health-type areas that need people. Many hospitals have a list of "critical needs" occupations, and they'll pay for you to go to school in exchange for a promise from you that you'll work for them for a given number of years.

theculturewarrior

The negatives are the same as the positives...it's in such demand, (correct me if I'm wrong), that it is a very stressful occupation.