An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Profession....

Mrs. Bro. Adam

IcePrincessKRS

I can see you teaching small children or as a nurse in a pediatricians office (somehow I just can't picture you in an operating room passing over the scalpel...)

Mrs. Bro. Adam

[quote name='IcePrincessKRS' date='Jun 23 2004, 01:41 PM'] (somehow I just can't picture you in an operating room passing over the scalpel...) [/quote]
Ya dink! I told you to pass a scalpel! :getaclue:

Edited by Mrs. Bro. Adam

IcePrincessKRS

Of course, I can also see you with kids in a junior high atmosphere and giving them The Look when they are getting rowdy....

Thy Geekdom Come

I'm going to say teaching as well. You have strong morals, a good sense of humor, and are good with psychology, which helps with teaching. Working with kids might help you to raise your own someday, as well.

There are a million types of psychology that are great:

School psychology
Guidance counseling
Marriage counseling
Forensic psychology
Clinical psychology
Research-oriented psychology
Sports psychology
Child development psychology
Social-work
Substance abuse counseling
Rape counseling
Domestic abuse counseling

The list goes on and on...

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote] Can I keep my club and bring it with me?
[/quote]

If you teach a class of young blonde haired, blue-eyed, Norse-god-worshipping Vikings, then yes.

Mrs. Bro. Adam

Umm....well...you know what?!

:club:

*Knocks Raphael out cold with club*

*Runs away*

Edited by Mrs. Bro. Adam

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote]*Knocks Raphael out cold with club*

[/quote]

Beating me up isn't going to make the harassment lawsuit go away.

[quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jun 23 2004, 11:38 AM'] The negatives are the same as the positives...it's in such demand, (correct me if I'm wrong), that it is a very stressful occupation. [/quote]
That's true, nursing can be a very stressful occupation, depending on where you're working. But then again, any job has its share of stresses -- it's a matter of figuring out what stresses you can live with over a long period of time.

For example, I am a reporter, an occupation many wouldn't choose because of the constant deadlines. For me, though, the deadlines are a great motivation ... I'm bored doing other things. So I can live with it, and in fact thrive in this type of environment, because I love what I do.

MBA, that's what I would suggest. Take a good look at the skills you have, and at what you love. In my own experience, it's best if you're doing something that you can love, and that you feel is important. If you love kids, and you can handle dealing with other people's kids day in and day out, then teaching might be good for you. You'll get a chance to try out being in a classroom before you'd get certified, so if you find you don't like it, you can always change.