An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Ever Get Scared

CreepyCrawler

CreepyCrawler

Hey I just recently saw A Beautiful Mind and it made me wonder, what if I just make up stuff that happens to me and I don't really actually do anything at all? What if I'm crazy? What if it's like the Matrix? Do you guys exist, the people that respond to me from this electronic box? How do I know?.... Sometimes I wonder.... what's real and how would I know b/c if I'm crazy, I would never realize it.... anyone else get scared about that?

Wait till you have a digonised skitsaphanic (sp? I can't even sound out English, much less Greek) for an uncle. Than you really worry, could I get it?

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Jun 23 2004, 10:54 PM'] Hey I just recently saw A Beautiful Mind and it made me wonder, what if I just make up stuff that happens to me and I don't really actually do anything at all? [/quote]
After I watched that movie, that thought did occur to me. :wacko: That was quite a film.

cantstopdancin9

I think about that all the time, but then I realize..."DUH, you ARE crazy...anybody would tell you that!"

hey i saw that movie with a girl. and that's why i'm not a NBK. and it was meaningless i just thought kissing girls was natural so i worked up the courage all through the movie and finally just did it. and i guess i'll shut up now cuz i'm distracting you from the topic. anyway, i saw the movie (except the last like, 15 or 20 minutes)

homeschoolmom

Just do like I do... fall asleep during the movies... you never get scared that way...

theculturewarrior

It takes trust in God to know that what you see before you is real, but not the final reality. Pain is real. Suffering is real. What you see before you won't go away when you stop believing it is real, because God is real, and he created this existence.

cmotherofpirl

I
m crazy

and have the papers to prove it :lol:

The world is jealous cause the little voices talk to ME!

Seriously the world is so scewed up. I think being crazy is the only sane option.

Besides

normal is boring!!

Well, I just asked everyone around me if I was crazy.

The tiny pink elephants argued that I was not, but the purple people eaters said that indeed I was. I don't know who to trust!

cmotherofpirl

I always agree with the elephants, otherwise when they grow up they will sit on you.

Its not fun being squished!

Then comes that inevitable question: can a crazy person truly know they are crazy? And if they can know that they're crazy, doesn't that make them sane? Thus, if you are crazy, you cannot know you're crazy, so you'll think you're sane, and everyone ELSE is crazy.

So, the only sane response is, "Yes, I'm crazy!" Because if you say you aren't, you most likely are!

*sigh* See, this is what philosophy classes due to a man.