An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do You Ever Get Scared

CreepyCrawler

Seriously on a couple of notes.
Aloysious, how old are you? That's kind of a redundant question, because my point is be a little more patient with yourself and God. It's not like you're 95 and realistically don't have much time to change. Thinks do change over time, especially if we are open to God's graces of renewal and patience.

I've thought about the insanity thing. I went through a very long period of serious depression. If we can recognize God, we have little to worry about, even if we are insane. The only insanity that scares me is conscious rejection of God.

In my mind, it is insane to trust in God and give all I can for Him. Why? Because it is all a matter of faith, and society really cheapens trust and faith so it is almost a whole new thing. And guess what?

I am insane. At least by that line.

homeschoolmom

but doesn't the term "insane" mean unhealthy? Ie unhealthy in the head? I think it is completely sane (ie healthy) to believe in and love a God whom we were created to love. It's the sanest thing possible... (it just looks insane from a fallen and corrupt world view...)

Yeh but it would be insane because we are trusting in someone we don't know. We can't [i]prove[/i] God real. So to society we must be nuts for beliving and trusting Him.

[quote name='CreepyCrawler' date='Jun 23 2004, 11:54 PM'] Hey I just recently saw A Beautiful Mind and it made me wonder, what if I just make up stuff that happens to me and I don't really actually do anything at all? What if I'm crazy? What if it's like the Matrix? Do you guys exist, the people that respond to me from this electronic box? How do I know?.... Sometimes I wonder.... what's real and how would I know b/c if I'm crazy, I would never realize it.... anyone else get scared about that? [/quote]
The first time that I watched A Beautiful Mind I thought teh exact same thing!! hehe

IcePrincessKRS

[quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 24 2004, 12:00 AM'] Wait till you have a digonised skitsaphanic (sp? I can't even sound out English, much less Greek) for an uncle. Than you really worry, could I get it? [/quote]
schizophrenic ;)

Did you know that John Nash's son is schizophrenic, too?

Crreeeepy. I like to think that I'm the only normal one around (which means I am probably the loon but I am in denial).

[color=blue][font="Courier"]i like to think the opposite -im the only abnormal one around (there are plenty of those kinds of people at my school)its alot of fun to be really stupid and not at all like anyone around you but i know when to be serious because i know that acting a certain way at a certain time is often crutial[/color][/font]

I liked it. And didn't question anything more than before. Byron has always been a little fake. LOL!

Funny that this thread should be posted, I was having a group discussion on this very topic with my other personalities last week.....

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Jun 24 2004, 10:38 PM'] Funny that this thread should be posted, I was having a group discussion on this very topic with my other personalities last week..... [/quote]
LOL Survey of Psyc 101

When a person has split personalities the real person does not know them. In the movie Sybil, she had no clue that the others existed. Each "person"ality carried a different thing. One carried music, one carried fear, one carried responsibility, one carried the memory of her grandma and so on. It was pretty cool to learn about.

[quote name='Norseman82' date='Jun 24 2004, 10:38 PM'] Funny that this thread should be posted, I was having a group discussion on this very topic with my other personalities last week..... [/quote]
Sounds like a good group therapy session to me...

[quote name='picchick' date='Jun 25 2004, 12:17 AM'] LOL Survey of Psyc 101

When a person has split personalities the real person does not know them.  In the movie Sybil, she had no clue that the others existed.  Each "person"ality carried a different thing.  One carried music, one carried fear, one carried responsibility, one carried the memory of her grandma and so on.  It was pretty cool to learn about. [/quote]
If it was in amovie with Sally Field it must be true.

:P

Edited by thicke