An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why I Am Not A Republican

theculturewarrior

voting for me will be for the one most pro-life. Pro-Life is the most important issue.

all other issues are not priority if the most innocent cannot be defended and respected.

+JMJ

crusader1234

I urge everyone to vote for an independent and show support for the Catholics who are out there trying to do what is consistent with ALL Catholic teachings - nut just abortion.

Crusader, what do you mean by that? Are you trying to imply that the Democrats follow the Church's teaching on economic issues more closely? Neither is really close to Church teaching, but the only hope of following Church teaching would be to find a candidate who is against all immorality in his authority, including contraception. I believe the Constitution Party has a candidate who does this. His name is Michael Anthony Peroutka. God bless.

crusader1234

I personally agree with the Democrats on economics, but I'm not saying vote for them because obviously thats not an option. I'm saying vote for someone like the guy you mentioned... someone who is consistently Catholic.

Peace,

Rich

Oh I see. Well, I believe that he is a protestant and is more conservative than Republicans most likely in the economic realm as well. My point was that he follows all the moral teachings of the Church. I also was curious as to why you feel the Democrats are closer to the Catholic teaching than are the Republicans. I am a monarchist, if you are curious. God bless.

[quote] Google Bot is not amused by this imitation. Googlebot will be destroyed.[/quote]

Google Bot will be crushed. His CPU will be assimilated and reprogrammed. Resistance is futile.

Mickey's_Girl

Crusader1234 and others:

I was ROLLING on Jack Layton and 1) the Monopoly Guy, and 2) John Cleese. HA HA HA!!!

C1-4: I thought you liked the NDP? Isn't he NDP?

MG

Chrysologus

Why I am not a Republican in two-and-a-half words: George W. Bush.

Also, for those who are members of the Constitution Party, may I ask what it is that distinguishes this party from the Republican Party?

[quote name='Aloysius' date='Jun 25 2004, 11:28 PM'] i don't agree with any of the democratic policy's policies. nope, not a one. and thank God it's completely within my Catholic Faith not to agree with the democratic party.

pAx [/quote]
Than I ask you to reexamion your faith Al. Read teh Church in the Modern World (part of Vatican II). Read up on Catholic social teachings. Like, welfare. Removal of 3rd world debts. Seeking an end to the DP in a timly manner. The Church, your faith, is more in line with the most liberal democart than a neo con GOP when you stack the issues up. In fact the only issue that the democarts don't as a majority agree on with the Church is abortion. But than again 49% of Republicans support abortion whenever and whereever. So I wouldn't hype up the GOP pro life (really anti abortion) platform.

And I think it was Anna (sp?) on the 1st page who posted the platforms. Those are the 2000 election ones. Are the 'o4 ones out yet?

Katie, those quotes from the links your mum posted are from the 2000 election. Kinda out of date (may not have changed but nonetheless out of date). Find the '04 platforms.