Brother Adam Posted June 25, 2004 Posted June 25, 2004 To our Phatmass Phamily, Brothers and Sisters, you are truly family. I came here December 26, 2001 if I recall correctly, guns blazing ready to argue Catholicism wrong. On invitation from Dust, I came from the BaptistBoard curious about this faith I thought I was wrong. I laughed when Dust warned me I may end up converting after being at phatmass. Praise the Lord I have to stick my foot in my mouth at that one. Thank you so much for being there for Teresa and I through the years. Thank you for watching us grow, thank you for celebrating with us, crying with us, laughing with us. We have come such a long way, and yet we stand now on the brink of a whole new journey just months ahead. It scares me how it is this website that connects us together, that is, that if the internet or this website were to fail, we would have no connection to each other. I hope all of you will be able to come to Easter Vigil next spring. We've only been able to meet so few of you, LoungeDaddy, Katie, Matt, Andrea, and a couple of others. I wish so much we were all next door neighbors. I know we would be such a close knit community as we are here on this forum. God Bless and keep you. His Servant, Brother Adam
azaelia Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 I :wub: you guys! We'll miss you here! Check in every now and then. God Bless!
cathgirl Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 (edited) :hearts: I don't know either of you very well, but my faith has grown just from reading your posts!! I won't be able to be at the Easter Vigil, but I will be praying and thinking about you!!! Please do check in!! You guys are AWESOME role models for all of us here! God Bless! :jesus: Edited June 26, 2004 by cathgirl
MC Just Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 You guys are awesome!!! I am so happy that you stuck around. You've been really cool..
Azriel Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 Its been so super neato seeing your journey! :hearts: I'm going to make it over there some day. Dani too.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 [quote]It scares me how it is this website that connects us together, that is, that if the internet or this website were to fail, we would have no connection to each other. [/quote] Next Easter, you will see the power of the connection in the Eucharist to triumph even over internet downtime. God Bless, Bro. and Mrs. Bro.
VeraMaria Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 Wow Bro Adam...I'm so glad I get to meet people like Teresa and you through PM. Sometimes I wish we all lived closer to each other... God Bless!!
littleflower+JMJ Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 [i]*warning flowery is going to spill her guts out and get all mushy about the Adams'!*[/i] hey bro. adam, thanks for being family right back to us all. you came in here at phatmass in the beginning with so much spirit you almost blinded us all! but i have to say, as someone who remembers you in the debate table from the very beginning you always had the sincerity and faith in following Christ and Truth. i think of after all those threads of "I dont understand _____" that Likos, Anna, DJon, Winchester, dUSt, Jake, jasJis, ironmonk, and all the other Church Militant back then patiently answered, you were sincere and trustworthy enough to not just "hear" us all, but to "Listen". you became a companion in the debate table and an awesome friend to all in open mic. you and teresa shared with us both your thoughts, struggles, hopes and dreams and that we could only in return share ours as well. you both are something special because you two are a example of God's grace and truth prevailling today. from before marrying each other, to after, you guys have abeen a great example to all of us..... you both did not run from the Truth, nor create any falsehood that many end up doing, but rather embraced it and answered that call from upstairs... i remember back in the old phorum....when after a particular debate, i put in my signature, "all roads lead to Rome", and of course being the "on-fire protestant" *ahem* that you were, quickly took my bait, responding, 'No, not all roads lead to Rome, and that saying has nothing to do about the Church in Rome but the place where everything was center of economic activity" tho' i smiled when reading that and right now think maybe just maybe......you finally got what i was trying to say then and maybe even agree with me now.... its been wonderful seeing you follow the path home, it was awesome to hear your insight thoughts of learing new things of the Church, questioning some, being truthful when saying you have difficulties and also sharing with us your panic when discovering the Truth (reading Rome Sweet Home), and closing the chapter and deciding to be catholic (sharing with us your readings on "the Lamb's Supper", the ECFetc), its been a joy, and a really cool experiecne that tho i was never one to answer any theological question, i still prayed for you guys all searching.... your experience here at phatmass is what makes the verses, ask and you shall recieve, seek and you shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you.....[b]true[/b] God bless, +JMJ+
let_go_let_God Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 You are a wonderful asset to the pham, and I can't make it to Easter Vigil. Where ever I am though, whether I'm at a parish near school or at home, know that I am praying for you. The mass is much more powerful than the internet. Thank you. God bless and keep you always, and Mrs. Bro Adam too. --LGLG--
Brother Adam Posted June 26, 2004 Author Posted June 26, 2004 That's so awesome. Thank you, all of you. Thanks so much for all of your words little_flower. You are such a wonderful person, your ability to lift people up is a wonderful gift from the Lord.
homeschoolmom Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 You're right, Adam. This is really a family. It's great to find people who stuggle in the same ways, people who can encourage us and who we, in turn, can encourage... I love this place...
Colleen Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 25 2004, 11:50 PM'] You're right, Adam. This is really a family. It's great to find people who stuggle in the same ways, people who can encourage us and who we, in turn, can encourage... I love this place... [/quote] Yes! Me too! :group: Brother Adam and Mrs. Brother Adam, you really inspire me.
BurkeFan Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 Dude, I've only been here a little while, but, you and Theresa are good peoples. I wish I could make it to the Easter Vigil, but I'm going to be at the St. Louis Cathedral Basilica, probably with an early Mass to serve in the morning as well. I wish you and Teresa well over the next few months as you transition into your new job and such. I can't remember the exact quote, but, separation, like a great wind, extinguishes the small flames of love, but it only makes the great fires of love blaze all the more brightly. I know you guys can do this, and that it's a good move for your future. In Christ, Dave
Iacobus Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 I love you guys. You have been intresting and fun at the same time. I almost died when you had to explain your Baptist-ness and Catholic Apolgectics on the MyLifeAfter site. I love this site, it really brings us all closer together. I wish I could be there next Easter but I doubt it. I shall probly be in IA with my family.
BeenaBobba Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 God bless and keep you both! You are loved and appreciated here at phatmass -- and you've both been quite a blessing on all of us. Keep up the good work!
curtins Posted June 26, 2004 Posted June 26, 2004 whats going on at easter vigil????? Good luck to you mr brother adam and your wife too. You'll be missed over these next 2 months God bless you
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now