Sammy Blaze Posted July 16, 2004 Posted July 16, 2004 The Catechism is dope. Here's a rough draft of my verse, what I have so far......... Confirmation, coming of age, final stage/ that Completes Baptismal grace./ True Sacrament of my adolescence/ In one act, one sentence captures the essence/ of inviting His Heavenly Presence/ In my life, I understand I’m called to fight/ Be sealed with the Gift of the Holy Spirit/ And defend,proclaim your faith for all to hear it( or in my lyrics)/ Hear me Lord, I am yours/Marked like a soldier going off to war./ Marked like a servant to the meek and poor/ Marked like a slave knocking at your door/ Marked to sacrifice my body to the floor./ Marked with joy, I'm your baby boy/ The laying of hands and the anointing of chrism, beautiful gifts of ancient traditions/ Stand before Him sealed with approval/ anointed for the healing, cleansed for the removal/ of impure things,anointed for renewal/ perfumed oil and from the imposition/ The true meaning of a Christian/ "Anointed"ones made radiant in His Image./ To go out and test the line of scrimmage/ accompanied by the Paraclete and 7 Gifts/ Apparently ain’t no one testing this............. Holla back ~S.
Apollo Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 I still think we should use Flip's beat for "Mercy" from his Hip-Hop Worship Album for this track. It's so ill. Flip...can you make it happen???
flip Posted July 18, 2004 Author Posted July 18, 2004 dude paul, we are already using the joyful noise beat. where have you been???? jk. listen to it and like it. its on my soundclick page
Apollo Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 I knew that "Joyful Noise" had been tossed around, and it is a good beat. But I just dont know for this type of track. Is there anyway you can post "Mercy" on Soundclick so Sammy B can give it a listen and then maybe he can be the tie-breaker??? Holla at me. I'm not tryin to be a hard arse, but I REALLY love the mercy beat and think it would fit perfect for this. P.S. I love the way your skin smells.
flip Posted July 18, 2004 Author Posted July 18, 2004 ok... ill put it on... but we DO need some quick moving jams... they all cant be sorrowful and steady....
Apollo Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 [quote]ok... ill put it on... but we DO need some quick moving jams... they all cant be sorrowful and steady.... [/quote] Dope. You are the man dude. Thanks. Sammy B...check it out (I think you'll like it). And I agree with the quick moving jams...thats where the "Trinity" track comes in.
Apollo Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 Tight...it's up already. Sammy...keep in mind that the only part of this that we would be rapping over is the second half (starting at about the 4:05 mark in the track posted). It is the track labeled as "The Heights/Mercy." [url="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/primatebeatsmusic.htm"]Click HERE to HEAR it.[/url]
Sammy Blaze Posted July 18, 2004 Posted July 18, 2004 Whoa, this beat is moving, and I like to get things moving... I like both beats, I can rap my verse to either.... although I'd probably be more inclined to write a new verse since the mercy beat embodies a different vibe... Either way, they are both head nodders! haha sorry I'm not much help I like both honestly Pax ~S.
flip Posted July 18, 2004 Author Posted July 18, 2004 hahahaha. well... we could make a new song to the mercy beat... the mroe the marrier right? or i could just give it to yall to use...
Apollo Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 (edited) [font="Impact"][color=red]WHOA!!! HOLD EVERYTHING!!! STOP THE PRESSES!!![/color][/font] I just listened to the "Joyful Noise" Beat on Flip's Soundclick page and it is totally different from the one on his album. The one posted is a lot doper in my opinion. I feel kinda dumb for not checkin it before, but I assumed it was the same one from the Hip-Hop worship album. My apologies to Sir Flippy Longstocking. That being said...I still like the "Mercy" beat better. However, I am not opposed to using the "Joyful Noise" beat either. For some reason, the "Mercy" beat just makes me wanna dance. "Mercy" = THE ILLEST GUITARS AND SYNTHS THIS SIDE OF THE RIO GRANDE!!! Just my opinion... Edited July 19, 2004 by Apollo
flip Posted July 19, 2004 Author Posted July 19, 2004 well yo, how about this... apollo - i will give you the mercy beat and you can rap on it for whatever you want. for now, we will joyful noise for this track... ok?
Apollo Posted July 19, 2004 Posted July 19, 2004 That's totally cool...you don't have to give me the Mercy beat though. I listened to Joyful Noise again this morning and it is really growing on me. I actually think I prefer it now. So...WE SHOULD DEFINITELY USE THE JOYFUL NOISE BEAT. Sorry for all the drama from my end. OK, now that that's settled...let's bump this.
flip Posted July 19, 2004 Author Posted July 19, 2004 no! thats it... im quitting@ i HATE phatmass!!! jk
Sammy Blaze Posted July 20, 2004 Posted July 20, 2004 Cool, Joyful Noise it is then, both are ill beats....... why don't someone do a track on Purgatory? just throwing stuff out there... ~S.
flip Posted July 20, 2004 Author Posted July 20, 2004 maybe... ok i gots my verse written... Hear ye, Hear me, as I near unaltered alter will i falter? i feel the hands of the Heavenly Potter- the Salter - Bringing His touch upon my brow bringing devils wings down as they are ripped from the Crown the PRINCE - since the birth of my sins passed the Spirit on down to twelve sanctified men YES - and I transmit lyrics over this record- Heaven and Earth are bridged at one Sanctfied second point-ing to Christ, Annoint-ing my life, support-ing the BRide as my covenant resides the contract- that counter-acts my first nativity laying hands upon me - is Apostolic Ministry I CHOOSE - my name's patronage of those before me I SEE - the tree crucified - I can't ignore Thee I LOOSE - my ties to the world's turn while the sun burns I learn to churn my thoughts so I con-firm
point5 Posted July 20, 2004 Posted July 20, 2004 um I give it a 7...any score higher than seven can only be achieved by Moses the Black (the cocky one) (thats a joke all peeps who dont know me). Flip is the only one Ive ever seen get over a five and he did it here again never dissapoints. Apollo also can get above 5 and almost hit 8 with Succubuss. Most other emcees that I consider ill lounge around at the 3 to 4 range...these emcees include manchild, playdough, illogic, aesop rock, eminem, syntax the terrific, the listener, sivion, most emcees in the procussions, redcloud, J5 emcees, the roots, talib Kwali, mos def, just to name a few, and to put in a nice perspective the quality that Flip is blessing you eyes and soon to be ears with. Remember though this is just my own personal opinion, although I know you agree too...no need to chime in! -Moses the Black (aka I average 9 1/2's)
flip Posted July 20, 2004 Author Posted July 20, 2004 [quote name='point5' date='Jul 20 2004, 12:49 AM'] um I give it a 7...any score higher than seven can only be achieved by Moses the Black (the cocky one) (thats a joke all peeps who dont know me). Flip is the only one Ive ever seen get over a five and he did it here again never dissapoints. Apollo also can get above 5 and almost hit 8 with Succubuss. Most other emcees that I consider ill lounge around at the 3 to 4 range...these emcees include manchild, playdough, illogic, aesop rock, eminem, syntax the terrific, the listener, sivion, most emcees in the procussions, redcloud, J5 emcees, the roots, talib Kwali, mos def, just to name a few, and to put in a nice perspective the quality that Flip is blessing you eyes and soon to be ears with. Remember though this is just my own personal opinion, although I know you agree too...no need to chime in! -Moses the Black (aka I average 9 1/2's) [/quote] hahahahahahahah man we are sarcastic mofo's!
flip Posted July 23, 2004 Author Posted July 23, 2004 ok kids... i recorded my verse...and a hook...and the most hilarious bridge known to man. i cant stop laughing when i hear it. lets see what you guys think... its called "Back to Pentacost" [url="http://www.soundclick.com/primatebeats"]Primate Beats[/url] [url="http://www.soundclick.com/primatebeats"]http://www.soundclick.com/primatebeats[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now