Anomaly Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 You two both post more than most. The bickering is usually interesting,but not always. Your back and forth seems to be beginning to curdle unhealthily.
little2add Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 2 hours ago, Anomaly said: The bickering is usually interesting,but not always. what do you mean, not always
little2add Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 5 hours ago, Josh said: Valid question. I know I'm a part-time troll on Phatmass so I bring it on myself. It's the same with Little2Add. Definite part-time at minimum. I just think it better if two trolls don't keep going at it in this thread. two trolls are better than one, right?
Guest Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 (edited) 4 hours ago, Anomaly said: You two both post more than most. The bickering is usually interesting,but not always. I actually haven't posted in like a year. Although I get what you're saying. I don't think the bickering is interesting in the least. Definitely not healthy for me because I deal with anger issues along with many other vices. I'm chief of sinners around here. Edited August 3, 2018 by Guest
Guest Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 18 hours ago, fides' Jack said: I saw someone post here that they are pro-life, and that includes anti-death penalty. I'd just like to say I'm pro death penalty for the same reason, because I'm pro life, and I support anything that defends the life of another. Cafeteria Catholic And Proud I See.
Hna.Caridad Posted August 3, 2018 Posted August 3, 2018 Bringing it back... Josh, are you familiar with Jasiri X? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtH7vH4yRcY
Guest Posted August 4, 2018 Posted August 4, 2018 10 hours ago, Hna.Caridad said: Bringing it back... Josh, are you familiar with Jasiri X? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtH7vH4yRcY I'm going to watch this tommorow and reply. Thank you.
Guest Posted August 4, 2018 Posted August 4, 2018 This is why the President is trash. I can put up with all the porn stars but stuff like this is why I can't stand the guy.
Seven77 Posted August 5, 2018 Posted August 5, 2018 On 8/3/2018 at 12:32 AM, fides' Jack said: There won't be any rap or hip-hop in heaven. Nor any rock, for that matter. I saw someone post here that they are pro-life, and that includes anti-death penalty. I'd just like to say I'm pro death penalty for the same reason, because I'm pro life, and I support anything that defends the life of another. The death penalty defends the life of another? How so? Also--shouldn't the life of the criminal be defended as well? Hip-hop and rock are not intrinsically asinine forms of music...
Guest Posted August 5, 2018 Posted August 5, 2018 On 8/3/2018 at 4:32 PM, Hna.Caridad said: Bringing it back... Josh, are you familiar with Jasiri X? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtH7vH4yRcY First time hearing him. He brings up good points.
Hna.Caridad Posted August 5, 2018 Posted August 5, 2018 Yeah, he's got one about immigration, too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzNLiX0zXrk
fides' Jack Posted August 6, 2018 Posted August 6, 2018 (edited) On 8/3/2018 at 5:26 PM, Josh said: Cafeteria Catholic And Proud I See. Cafeteria Catholic, I am not. If ever I reject an opinion of a member of the Church over me, it is only due to serious thought, and religious instruction from other members of the Church over me. Cafeteria Catholics don't use official Church teaching as a basis of their lack of faith. That's the whole point. On 8/3/2018 at 5:38 AM, Josh said: You know this how? From the common sense God gave me. There is nothing in heaven that is distasteful to anyone. There are forms of music that are timeless. Rap and hip-hop are not. On 8/4/2018 at 8:50 PM, Seven77 said: The death penalty defends the life of another? How so? Also--shouldn't the life of the criminal be defended as well? Hip-hop and rock are not intrinsically asinine forms of music... That's your opinion, not mine. As for the death penalty, currently the Catechism states that in extreme cases when it is necessary to protect the life of another, the death penalty is justified. It is not yet changed. I'm all for protecting life, even in extreme cases. Edited August 6, 2018 by fides' Jack
Guest Posted August 6, 2018 Posted August 6, 2018 (edited) 1 hour ago, fides' Jack said: From the common sense God gave me. There is nothing in heaven that is distasteful to anyone. There are forms of music that are timeless. Rap and hip-hop are not. From the commonsense God gave you? The same commonsense you're using to reject teachings in the Catechism? Hmm your commonsense seems a little suspect and I'm not 100% confident it's being entirely fueled by God. And you're the authority on what kind of music is timeless? Rap and Hip-Hop are not because you say so? And the fact that you make a blanket statement and categorize it all as distasteful says a lot about you. Since there's songs that literally praise God and the Church like the music produced by Phatmass and @dUSt. Again I'm not confident this "commonsense" you speak of is being fueled entirely by God. Something else is very likely in play. Go ahead and continue defending slavery and making statements that you know there is no hip-hop in heaven because all of it is distasteful. It shows the type of person you're clearly for everyone to see. Luckily for you you're in good company at least at this website. Edited August 6, 2018 by Guest
Guest Posted August 7, 2018 Posted August 7, 2018 (edited) I dont like hip hop music but then I don't understand it nor the culture that has produced it, but then I am 73yrs of age and am merely repeating my parents attitude about rock and roll and my tastes in my teens and the culture. And the hip hop generation will probably repeat the attitude for their children and their children's particular taste in music and their culture. What will be our tastes in Heaven I have no idea whatsoever: "Rather, as it is written: “- No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” (1 Corinthians Ch2) Edited August 7, 2018 by BarbaraTherese
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now