Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Posted

Sometime in 2020.

Yep

Posted

Congrats !!!!!

Posted

thanks, not like the old days when marriage and baby posts would get virtual shrieks and maad props but it's all good.

There's some cobwebs around the phorums but I still like to visit from time to time.

Posted

It has gotten slow around here.   I’m really happy for you.  

Bur you haven’t been posting much either, which is understandable with your new and significant analog relationship. :buddies:

So, how did you met him?    What does he do? Does your family like him too?   Do you like his family?     And the obligatory PM question... Is he Catholic?  

Feel free to dish.

Posted

Congratulations!

Posted
On 11/21/2018 at 2:30 PM, Ice_nine said:

Sometime in 2020.

Yep

What's up with long engagements. Although I guess it's almost 2019... any way describe the future spouse please so that all may pass judgment.  Have you started wedding plannings??

Posted

Is it weird to say congratulations if I don't know you? Oh well. Congratulations!!!

Posted

long engagements . . . I don't know. We still both live at home with our original nuclear families. So just figuring out how to support ourselves, where we're gonna live, what the careers will be, some last things that we want to do before we get married that will be hard/irresponsible to do with a family.

I mostly want him to get his debts paid off or at least significantly dented. My credit score is too fly for that.

Yeah maybe it's not a "good Catholic" thing to

And yeah I haven't been posting around here too often because it's not as poppin' in here and I had a full-time, draining job. Now I'm per diem so no benefits but I can more or less make my own hours.

Anyway, I met him on Catholicmatch. He's a city boy from Boston, I live in MA but am not from the city and like to keep city life at a distance. He is really into tech stuff (computers, video games) and he currently works as an assistive technology specialist for people with all types of disabilities.

He's autistic. He told me that on the first date and I was kind of taken aback. I had some prejudicial thoughts that I'm not too proud of but decided to give him a shot. And I'm really glad I did because he's super sweet, caring, affectionate, and a total dork. We have wonderful conversations and he's always down to try new things.

He is devoted to the holy family, St Joseph in particular and I admire how he practices his faith. 

He's black, Haitian to be exact. (I'm 100% white btw. 23andme confirmed this). It's funny because most people I was matching with on Catholic Match were not white. I wasn't looking for it, but hey. Our cultures are a little different, but nothing insurmountable.

My family loves him. I guess the last girl's family he dated had a problem with her bringing home a black guy so he was a little nervous to meet my folks, but they welcomed him. He really loved my nana (she lived with my family for the past 8 years, and recently passed away last month). He did get to ask her for her blessing while she was dying, and she had enough strength to understand and respond to him so that was nice.

He makes me very happy :)

 

Posted

Sounds way cool.   I have a number of multiracial and /or multicultural couples in my extended family.  For the most part, if you are aware of potential problems and tapk about them, the differences contribute to a great relationship 

Life and love is a thrill ride.  Plan the general direction and enjoy the bumps and twists.  

The only bad thing I could foresee, is if he’s a Patriots fan...

Posted
16 hours ago, Ice_nine said:

long engagements . . . I don't know. We still both live at home with our original nuclear families. So just figuring out how to support ourselves, where we're gonna live, what the careers will be, some last things that we want to do before we get married that will be hard/irresponsible to do with a family.

I mostly want him to get his debts paid off or at least significantly dented. My credit score is too fly for that.

Yeah maybe it's not a "good Catholic" thing to

And yeah I haven't been posting around here too often because it's not as poppin' in here and I had a full-time, draining job. Now I'm per diem so no benefits but I can more or less make my own hours.

Anyway, I met him on Catholicmatch. He's a city boy from Boston, I live in MA but am not from the city and like to keep city life at a distance. He is really into tech stuff (computers, video games) and he currently works as an assistive technology specialist for people with all types of disabilities.

He's autistic. He told me that on the first date and I was kind of taken aback. I had some prejudicial thoughts that I'm not too proud of but decided to give him a shot. And I'm really glad I did because he's super sweet, caring, affectionate, and a total dork. We have wonderful conversations and he's always down to try new things.

He is devoted to the holy family, St Joseph in particular and I admire how he practices his faith. 

He's black, Haitian to be exact. (I'm 100% white btw. 23andme confirmed this). It's funny because most people I was matching with on Catholic Match were not white. I wasn't looking for it, but hey. Our cultures are a little different, but nothing insurmountable.

My family loves him. I guess the last girl's family he dated had a problem with her bringing home a black guy so he was a little nervous to meet my folks, but they welcomed him. He really loved my nana (she lived with my family for the past 8 years, and recently passed away last month). He did get to ask her for her blessing while she was dying, and she had enough strength to understand and respond to him so that was nice.

He makes me very happy :)

 

Cool but is he 7/7 on the church teaching questions. I met my husband on catholic match. I joined that thing for 30 days as an agreement with God that at the end He would let me live my amazing kickass spinsterhood in peace. OFFER REJECTED!!!!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Cool but is he 7/7 on the church teaching questions. I met my husband on catholic match.

Is that the Chicago policeman you were dating?  Does that mean you're living in Chicago now?

Edited by Norseman82
Posted
10 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Is that the Chicago policeman you were dating?  Does that mean you're living in Chicago now?

Yes that's him. Yes I am. Just bought a house in the Beverly neighborhood.  

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lilllabettt said:

Yes that's him. Yes I am. Just bought a house in the Beverly neighborhood.  

Youse are waaaaay on the other side of the city from me (I'm on the NW side, on the Elmwood Park border).

Edited by Norseman82
Posted
2 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Youse are waaaaay on the other side of the city from me (I'm on the NW side, on the Elmwood Park border).

Hispanic neighborhood?

Posted

My family and I are from Chicago and the burbs.   An uncle is a retired Chicago cop. 

Posted
6 hours ago, Anomaly said:

My family and I are from Chicago and the burbs.   An uncle is a retired Chicago cop. 

Why did you leave? Before answering please alphabetize the list for easy searching.

Jk I really like Chicago. 

Posted

Left as a small child to be with my parents and siblings.   Have lived in Florida and visited enough to not want to live there or elsewhere.  The FLA is amesome.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...