Peace Posted November 10, 2019 Posted November 10, 2019 3 hours ago, KnightofChrist said: Sanitary workers do not surround/cover themselves in garbage, do not sit in garbage, do not befriend garbage, nor do they lash out at those that cry out for the garage to be taken out. That is certainly true my friend. But the question we were discussing was whether or not Pope Francis is worse than his predecessors, who, shall we say for lack of a better term, created the garbage. 3 hours ago, KnightofChrist said: How you look at the six examples given earlier in the thread and think he's a clean up man, good or bad? After the Mccarrick case and various others like it what little hope I had of Pope Francis actually doing something against the rapists in the Church, died. I haven't had time to look at all six of those, at least not to the level that would justify me making a conclusion about what happened in those particular cases. I have some familiarity with the McCarrick case since I live in the area, of course.
Guest Posted November 11, 2019 Posted November 11, 2019 (edited) A little later in the interview 12 hours ago, KnightofChrist said: In context of sexual abuse, it was wicked for Pope Francis to defend, promote, and surround himself with sodomic serial rapists or those that covered up for them. When all this broke I almost stopped being Catholic. I understand the points you raise. And if he really knew these men were pedophiles then that's insane. Same with past Pope's. I don't want to believe they fully knew. Because if they did it's really sick. Edited November 11, 2019 by Guest
Ice_nine Posted November 11, 2019 Posted November 11, 2019 On 11/10/2019 at 6:41 AM, KnightofChrist said: and trolled the possibility of the idol being at Mass. Where? I think a spokesperson said that, not the pope himself.
KnightofChrist Posted November 11, 2019 Posted November 11, 2019 1 hour ago, Ice_nine said: Where? I think a spokesperson said that, not the pope himself.
Hna.Caridad Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 Delivery, please clarify the intent of your post. Are you advocating for the assault of the Pope or his assassination?
Guest Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 (edited) 42 minutes ago, Hna.Caridad said: Delivery, please clarify the intent of your post. Are you advocating for the assault of the Pope or his assassination? Not my tweet. If you read the thread (2 pages) my point of view is clear. Edited November 24, 2019 by Guest
Hna.Caridad Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 I have read the thread and your point of view is not clear. You seem to be using this forum to intentionally disseminate anti-Catholic material (if threatening the life or health of a sitting Pope isn’t anti-Catholic, I don’t know what is). Would it not be better to marginalize the content of “supposed” Catholics (read: anti-Catholics) and let their comments die in the obscurity of irrelevance?
Guest Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 3 hours ago, Hna.Caridad said: I have read the thread and your point of view is not clear. You seem to be using this forum to intentionally disseminate anti-Catholic material (if threatening the life or health of a sitting Pope isn’t anti-Catholic, I don’t know what is). If you can't take the time to read a 5 minute thread I don't know what to tell you. I can't force you to read and to become unconfused. Threatened the life or health of a sitting Pope? What are you talking about? Are you on meds? Did you forget to take them?
Peace Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 59 minutes ago, Delivery said: If you can't take the time to read a 5 minute thread I don't know what to tell you. I can't force you to read and to become unconfused. Threatened the life or health of a sitting Pope? What are you talking about? Are you on meds? Did you forget to take them? I know what your intention is but I don't think it would be clear to someone who is unfamiliar with you and who has only read this thread . . .
Guest Posted November 24, 2019 Posted November 24, 2019 (edited) I'm not sure why. In the first few posts I said I go to a Parish that recognizes Francis as the Pope. I was asking those who infer he's not or whatever they are attempting to do to tell me what they think I'm supposed to do. I can't help Catholics and Catholic media are putting these thoughts and doubts forward. And I don't know what the heck the previous poster is talking about when he says I'm wishing death or an assassination on the Pope. I'm hoping he missed his meds and that will explain it. Edited November 24, 2019 by Guest
Guest Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 1 hour ago, Peace said: I know what your intention is but I don't think it would be clear to someone who is unfamiliar with you and who has only read this thread . . . I think I have only come across Delivery from reading this thread and am shocked by what Delivery is posting. If he or she is taking any notice of such media outlets, then I think it is Delivery who has missed meds. What in effect is happening is Delivery is disseminating anti-Catholic commentary on the internet under a guise. I can't understand moderators allowing it to continue.
Guest Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 (edited) Anti-Catholic commentary from Catholic Media such as: Catholic Answers, EWTN, Taylor Marshall, Regina Magazine. I'm to blame for their material and noticing them? Okay then... Some of these media outlets are "mainstream" in the Catholic word or whatever you want to call it. Sort of hard to avoid. Edited November 25, 2019 by Guest
Guest Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 1 hour ago, Delivery said: Anti-Catholic commentary from Catholic Media such as: Catholic Answers, EWTN, Taylor Marshall, Regina Magazine. I'm to blame for their material and noticing them? Okay then... Some of these media outlets are "mainstream" in the Catholic word or whatever you want to call it. Sort of hard to avoid. You appear to recognise that what you are posting is anti Catholic commentary appearing on Catholic websites. Then what is the question you are asking of Phatmass members here? I do not think you will get one united response, rather contrary responses and opinions, more or less as has unfolded to date in this thread. Has this enlightened you as to your purpose? Your purpose, whatever it is, might be better served by posting on the websites where you are originally picking up the material. Initially, Phatmass was loyal to the Teaching Authority of The Church as a requirement of membership - that seems to have changed in recent times and membership split into two camps of which I am immediately aware. Opposing camps of opinion and thought. The lack of loyalty to The Church is very sad - it has infected most all 'catholic' sites of which I am aware, This has robbed Phatmass of its uniqueness. We have become just another one amongst the many.
Guest Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 Catholic Catechism http://www.vatican.va/archive/ccc_css/archive/catechism/p123a9p4.htm The episcopal college and its head, the Pope Quote 880 When Christ instituted the Twelve, "he constituted [them] in the form of a college or permanent assembly, at the head of which he placed Peter, chosen from among them."398 Just as "by the Lord's institution, St. Peter and the rest of the apostles constitute a single apostolic college, so in like fashion the Roman Pontiff, Peter's successor, and the bishops, the successors of the apostles, are related with and united to one another."399 881 The Lord made Simon alone, whom he named Peter, the "rock" of his Church. He gave him the keys of his Church and instituted him shepherd of the whole flock.400 "The office of binding and loosing which was given to Peter was also assigned to the college of apostles united to its head."401 This pastoral office of Peter and the other apostles belongs to the Church's very foundation and is continued by the bishops under the primacy of the Pope. 882 The Pope, Bishop of Rome and Peter's successor, "is the perpetual and visible source and foundation of the unity both of the bishops and of the whole company of the faithful."402 "For the Roman Pontiff, by reason of his office as Vicar of Christ, and as pastor of the entire Church has full, supreme, and universal power over the whole Church, a power which he can always exercise unhindered."403 883 "The college or body of bishops has no authority unless united with the Roman Pontiff, Peter's successor, as its head." As such, this college has "supreme and full authority over the universal Church; but this power cannot be exercised without the agreement of the Roman Pontiff."404 "How to Be a Loyal Catholic Today? By Being Loyal to the Bishop of Rome" by Fr. John A. Hardon, S.J. http://www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/intro/loyalty.htm Quote Excerpts only:...........".............We return to our title for this conference, “How to be a Loyal Catholic Today?” The answer is obvious. “By being loyal to the Bishop of Rome.” To be a loyal Catholic we must know the truth taught by the Holy Father, live this truth, and suffer for this truth. The truth, of course, is the teaching of Jesus Christ. After all, that is what loyalty means. Loyalty means fidelity to the truth. Except that the truth to which we are to be faithful is no mere abstraction. The truth we believe is the living God who became man and appointed Peter and his successors as His spokesmen for the truth.......".............
Lilllabettt Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 19 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said: I think I have only come across Delivery from reading this thread and am shocked by what Delivery is posting. If he or she is taking any notice of such media outlets, then I think it is Delivery who has missed meds. What in effect is happening is Delivery is disseminating anti-Catholic commentary on the internet under a guise. I can't understand moderators allowing it to continue. Delivery is delivery boy aka Josh. He's been on phatmass longer than you have.
little2add Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 19 hours ago, Delivery said: I'm to blame for their material and noticing them? If you post them as facts then yes, it could be viewed that way by some people. because as everyone knows “if it on the internet it must be true!”
Guest Posted November 25, 2019 Posted November 25, 2019 1 hour ago, Lilllabettt said: Delivery is delivery boy aka Josh. He's been on phatmass longer than you have. Thank you for the info.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now