An Old School Catholic Message Board

The official DELIVERY rant thread.

Patrick Coffin is a Racist

He was going off on Twitter earlier. KKK Catholikkks gonna KKK.

@Patrick_Coffin I think you're intelligent to understand the connotative meaning of phrases, not just the denotative meaning. With that you should understand that certain casual thoughts should not be posted online, even if meant innocently. Also, where's "I'm sorry" in this thread? - Father Matthew P. Schneider

Edited by Guest
Combining all the Delivery rants into one thread

Maybe there should be one post for all these. Seriously though, for those of us do not follow Patrick Coffin, what did he say that was racist? Since you posted.

8 minutes ago, Seven77 said:

Maybe there should be one post for all these. Seriously though, for those of us do not follow Patrick Coffin, what did he say that was racist? Since you posted.

You're a great guy and I have nothing but respect for you. Although if you don't like my post's don't reply. I don't start an abundance of threads. And I feel no need to combine it all in one post. Appreciate the suggestion. Not really. You know what I mean though. Peace.

Edited by Guest

“Nothing racist about pointing out how black women have a different baby daddy for each of their kids.”  - Patrick Coffin

There's a lot more. 

Edited by Guest

59 minutes ago, Josh said:

He was going off on Twitter earlier. KKK Catholikkks gonna KKK.

@Patrick_Coffin I think you're intelligent to understand the connotative meaning of phrases, not just the denotative meaning. With that you should understand that certain casual thoughts should not be posted online, even if meant innocently. Also, where's "I'm sorry" in this thread? - Father Matthew P. Schneider

I don't go on twitter. People think what they say on Twitter is so important.  People think what is said on Twitter is so important.  Nope. You're not, it's not. I don't look at catholic blogs anymore because of how annoying catholic world "celebrities" are. And I mean the left and right, and their fake outrage at one another and clutching of pearls at what the other said, gasp!!! Cancel culture is so 2009. I don't know who Patrick Coffin is, I don't know who Fr. Schneider is, and I don't know what anyone said to whom. That's freedom, man. 

You seriously don't know who Patrick Coffin is? lmfao

If you're being sincere that is a w e s o m e (avoiding f I l t e r) 

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Josh said:

You seriously don't know who Patrick Coffin is? lmfao

If you're being sincere that is a w e s o m e (avoiding f I l t e r) 

No clue and I'm not googling either. I do not want to know. There was a time when I knew every catholic "celebrity" on planet earth and would want their autograph. Cringe to infinity and beyond. The reality is these people who argue back and forth, write open letters etc. are of interest to .01% of the catholic church. But they, like other types of celebrity, think they are big shots and their opinions and arguments on social media matter. They do not. Whoever invented the concept of an "open letter" should be burned in effigy. May God have mercy on his/her soul. Catholic celebrity culture is extreme cringe.  

KnightofChrist
3 hours ago, Josh said:

“Nothing racist about pointing out how black women have a different baby daddy for each of their kids.”  - Patrick Coffin

There's a lot more. 

Can you give a link to this please? I couldn't find it after ten or so minutes searching. I'm probably blind, just finished a 13 hr and 45 min work shift. 

Patrick Coffin was the host of Catholic Answers Live for seven and a half years. 

To be honest I never heard of the guy.  I don’t follow CA, never have   

In your opinion is the “Catholic Answers blog” racist too?

If Catholic Answers put out comments like Patrick that say “Nothing racist about pointing out how black women have a different baby daddy for each of their kids.” Then yeah I would declare them racist. If you say or do blatenly racist s h I t you're a racist. Not saying you can't repent and start over with a clean slate. But it's not cool. People who hate racism aren't just going to go along with it and not call you out. It's not a good look for Catholic Answers to have had someone who host their show for over 7 years to hold these type of views. Maybe they didn't know. Maybe they agree with him. Who knows.

13 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

Can you give a link to this please? I couldn't find it after ten or so minutes searching. I'm probably blind, just finished a 13 hr and 45 min work shift. 

It's from his Twitter. The racist tweets are deleted but the "apology" or whatever you call it is still up last I checked.

Edited by Guest

On 8/29/2019 at 10:29 PM, Josh said:

You're a great guy and I have nothing but respect for you. Although if you don't like my post's don't reply. I don't start an abundance of threads. And I feel no need to combine it all in one post. Appreciate the suggestion. Not really. You know what I mean though. Peace.

Hey that was a joke  (about the similar posts) man!

And I just read what you posted about what he said… Dang.  Very messed up but he said that  one quote let alone more that he said? Anyway. I would hope that he did apologize and that it was sincere and bring him to do some amends for it.

Seems like another example of a person who is more concerned about shock value and increasing his followers rather than glorifying the Church with an authentic message. And yes. Very racist.