An Old School Catholic Message Board

The official DELIVERY rant thread.

4 hours ago, dUSt said:

I think it's purpose is to call out racism.

Huh?

5 hours ago, Josh said:

Patrick Coffin is a racist.

Proof please. 

I supplied one of the quotes. Although I'm sure you don't find it racist. You probably agree with it. I wish I could meet guys like you and Patrick face to face in real life. And we could just exchange blows and settle it.

Edited by Guest

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:50 PM, Josh said:

“Nothing racist about pointing out how black women have a different baby daddy for each of their kids.”  - Patrick Coffin

There's a lot more. 

Josh, the higher out-of-wedlock childbirth rates in the African American community was the cause of concern even when I was in diapers.  Former U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, a liberal Democrat from New York, published about it in 1965: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Family:_The_Case_For_National_Action

Liberal Democrats can't be racist AF? 

So so far 2 Phatmass members agree with Coffins racist af statement. Good stuff. Who's next? Don't be shy. This is a safe place for this ****.(Unfortunately)

Edited by Guest

27 minutes ago, Josh said:

Liberal Democrats can't be racist AF? 

So so far 2 Phatmass members agree with Coffins racist af statement. Good stuff. Who's next? Don't be shy. This is a safe place for this ****.(Unfortunately)

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 3:29 PM, Josh said:

I wish I could meet guys like you and Patrick face to face in real life. And we could just exchange blows and settle it.

So you are going to engage in the tactic of "I'm going to shut down any discussion where the facts make me uncomfortable with charges of racism and threats of physical violence"?    Just like the antifa thugs?

And what is AF?

I'm not going to have a discussion or debate on whether the statement  'Nothing racist about pointing out how black women have a different baby daddy for each of their kids.' is racist or not. It's not up for debate. I'm not here to argue back and forth on that. People who don't think that is racist AF (as f***) I'm not going to talk to them. Just like I'm not going to listen to Catholic Radio Stations whos host's argue on air for confederate monuments and the confederate flags. I'm deleting them off my car radio and never turning them on again like I did Relevant Radio. Thank you for identifying yourself. Peace.

Edited by Guest

5 hours ago, Norseman82 said:

Josh, the higher out-of-wedlock childbirth rates in the African American community was the cause of concern even when I was in diapers.  Former U.S. Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, a liberal Democrat from New York, published about it in 1965: 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Negro_Family:_The_Case_For_National_Action

Yeah well. Working class white people have basically caught up with them at this point.

It's true about the black family. But any white person with a knowledge of history can't use that truth as a boost for racist sentiment. Because it's white people that have done it to them in the macro. Starting when we separated families at the slave market. Down to when we wanted to "save" them with welfare. We are the destroyers of the black family in so many ways. 

I'll add that this started when Coffin said that Obama's daughter didn't resemble the parents implying Michelle had an affair. It then spiraled into other statements. It's not beyond repentance and forgiveness. I experienced radical forgiveness and grace yet once again today. I just received the Eucharist. I am 100% unworthy. I'm fully aware. But Coffin doesn't get a pass on this. It's not cool. Especially when you're involved in Catholic media representing the faith to people who might be interested coming into the Curch. Or who have come in like the lady in the video I posted.

Edited by Guest

Credo in Deum

At least they’re having their kids unlike some people.  I would agree his statement is racist in that he fails to acknowledge that plenty of women, regardless of race, have multiple baby daddy’s in their life. It’s what happens when hookup culture meets women who aren’t for abortion ( and thank God they aren’t for it). 

Anyway, I’m glad to see this place hasn’t changed much in my absence. ;)

Edited by Credo in Deum

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:56 PM, Lilllabettt said:

Yeah well. Working class white people have basically caught up with them at this point.

It's true about the black family. But any white person with a knowledge of history can't use that truth as a boost for racist sentiment. Because it's white people that have done it to them in the macro. Starting when we separated families at the slave market. Down to when we wanted to "save" them with welfare. We are the destroyers of the black family in so many ways. 

I don't dispute anything that you wrote regarding the historical context.  At least your comment was a good fruitful response. 

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 8:14 PM, Josh said:

I'll add that this started when Coffin said that Obama's daughter didn't resemble the parents implying Michelle had an affair. It then spiraled into other statements. It's not beyond repentance and forgiveness. I experienced radical forgiveness and grace yet once again today. I just received the Eucharist. I am 100% unworthy. I'm fully aware. But Coffin doesn't get a pass on this. It's not cool. Especially when you're involved in Catholic media representing the faith to people who might be interested coming into the Curch. Or who have come in like the lady in the video I posted.

Here is part of the Twitter back-and-forth: 

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Coffin/status/1167141756346892288

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Coffin/status/1167188782648397824

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Coffin/status/1167189752744833025

https://twitter.com/Patrick_Coffin/status/1167191097870700545

Now, the original tweet was deleted, so I cannot see the entire context.  However, if what you are saying is true that he made a reckless comment that served no useful purpose other than to be mean to an innocent child and instill doubt about the parentage, then Mr. Coffin's problem is far more serious than racism; it is a sin against the truth and reveals a maliciousness that goes beyond that of the average person who defends confederate monuments. 

On 9/9/2019 at 6:47 PM, Norseman82 said:

of the average person who defends confederate monuments. 

The "average person who defends confederate monuments" = Racist AF