little2add Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 (edited) What is a essential Public service? Social distancing is the law of the land, some businesses are exempt: Many construction sites, Walmart stores, grocery superstores, abortion clinics, liquor stores, etc. The first amendment protects freedom of assembly which could mean physically gathering with a group of people to picket, protest, and/or associate with one another for economic or political and religious purposes. It seems like only the religious rights are being denied in the name of the pandemic, because it is considered by some to be Non-essential. If it’s okay to go to work on a construction site or go to Walmart or grocery shop or fill your car with gasoline them it must essential then attending mass on Sunday at the church of your choice must be too! Not to mention, it violates the First Amendment. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;” What do you think? Edited May 7, 2020 by little2add
Anomaly Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 If you really think that only religion is being singled out, then you’re probably too stupid to have a discussion about it.
little2add Posted May 7, 2020 Author Posted May 7, 2020 32 minutes ago, Anomaly said: If you really think that only religion is being singled out, then you’re probably too stupid to have a discussion about it. With you, a intelligent conversation, you’re probably right
Anastasia Posted May 7, 2020 Posted May 7, 2020 (edited) 2 hours ago, little2add said: What do you think? I already said what I think about that in two topics, 'Be aware of the Bishop Schneider' and 'The lock up, mental health, and the Church', in essence "The Church was rendered non-essential by the secular world and, via agreeing with that, she publicly gave up the Real Presence = Christ" - implicitly but clearly". A week after "the lock down" I went to the major huge bottle shop and was very surprised with how joyful it was compare to the rest and how many people were there. Being there and exchanging a few words with them lifted my spirit. So I said to a seller that I would like to pray there, possibly even to set up a chapel. Now the restrictions here are much relaxed so even two old ladies who sell the lingerie and closed their shop first when all began re-opened. In our small cathedral city almost everything is open but not the Cathedral. While all this going on our (Roman Catholic) Archbishop very timidly addressed our prime-minister about "kind of, reopening the churches in four stages... first without public Mass, second maybe Mass in the parking lot etc if all is well" (I am conveying the intonation but I am close to the words). No answer so far. To make my point clear: if the Church is not fully aware of Who is dwelling in the Tabernacles in her buildings rendering her Absolutely Essential then there is nothing surprising in what is happening now. The Church cannot expect the world recognize her "essential" status if she herself seems not to feel it. To my mind, it is a huge sign: the Cathedral has the Author of life inside it yet it, together with that Author, is rendered "non-essential". But this is the state of the secular world, isn't it? We (Church) simply agreed with that, via closing up and not doing anything else (like in our area). The truth is that only those who believe in the Real Presence cannot agree with the "non-essential" status of the Church, like clubs and pubs. If there is no Real Presence in Communion (hence there is no true and real union with Christ via it) and no Christ in the Tabernacle then yes, the members do not suffer more b.o. closing down the building than those who are denied the entrance to their club. We can do all online, speak on the phone and Skype and Zoom around, no problem. We are having the sign being produced spontaneously via the Church's own hands. Edited May 7, 2020 by Anastasia
little2add Posted May 8, 2020 Author Posted May 8, 2020 10 hours ago, Anastasia said: The Church was rendered non-essential by the secular world Can’t argue with that. 10 hours ago, Anastasia said: The Church cannot expect the world recognize her "essential" status if she herself seems not to feel it. Faith is essential
Anastasia Posted May 9, 2020 Posted May 9, 2020 13 hours ago, little2add said: On 5/8/2020 at 9:23 AM, Anastasia said: The Church was rendered non-essential by the secular world Can’t argue with that. Sorry, an image appeared in my mind: Obviously, you cannot argue with something that was vocalized, printed and done. Neither can I and this why I did not argue about that.
Anastasia Posted May 9, 2020 Posted May 9, 2020 The info from France. COVID-19 Restrictions Reopen Old Wounds of the Catholic Church in France The French government has decided to maintain suspension of public Masses during Phase 2 of the pandemic, despite an intense outcry from the clergy and the faithful. "Indeed, while food markets, shops and public transportation will resume their normal activity and schools will progressively reopen beginning on May 11, it is still unclear why places of worship would represent a greater risk for French citizens. “It is foolish to think that consumers are more responsible than the faithful, and that contamination would be stronger in churches, while supermarkets and garden stores are already open, and that we are about to send children back to school,” Bishop Bernard Ginoux of Montauban, in southwestern France, told the Register, adding that in his region of Tarn-et-Garonne, the virus spread very little and that there are a lot of people coming and going in the streets every day."
Norseman82 Posted May 9, 2020 Posted May 9, 2020 On 5/7/2020 at 4:13 PM, little2add said: What is a essential Public service? Social distancing is the law of the land, some businesses are exempt: Many construction sites, Walmart stores, grocery superstores, abortion clinics, liquor stores, etc. The first amendment protects freedom of assembly which could mean physically gathering with a group of people to picket, protest, and/or associate with one another for economic or political and religious purposes. It seems like only the religious rights are being denied in the name of the pandemic, because it is considered by some to be Non-essential. If it’s okay to go to work on a construction site or go to Walmart or grocery shop or fill your car with gasoline them it must essential then attending mass on Sunday at the church of your choice must be too! Not to mention, it violates the First Amendment. “Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;” What do you think? Well, I live in Illinois, so the question that gets raised is "Why is marijuana considered essential but not religion?" I think it all boil$ down to thi$: tax revenue.
Anomaly Posted May 9, 2020 Posted May 9, 2020 I live in Florida. It was established the state could not make churches close, the state could only ask for responsible social distancing. The Catholic Church across the world has chosen to act responsibly. It is disingenuous, malicious, and stupid to say the entire Catholic Church was forced by government to close up. For example, why don’t you scare mongers click on the USCCB site, the Florida Catholic Bishop s site, or even the Diocese I happen to live in site and read what the Bishops have to say. Dsop .org II’m the fallen away exCathoic, but I have to be the respectful one? Though I’m quite rude, pointedly calling you out on your stupidity, but I’m not wrong.
Anastasia Posted May 10, 2020 Posted May 10, 2020 (edited) Does “fallen away non-Catholic” mean “one who does not believe in the Real Presence”? As I see it, the current situation, in essence, is a clash between those who believe in the Real Presence (some members of the Orthodox, Catholic, Oriental Churches) and the rest of the world including some members of the mentioned Churches. To the one who does not believe that Christ is indeed in the Eucharist the thesis “churches which are responsible closing down for the common good” is perfectly sound. To those who believe in Christ in the Eucharist that reasoning is absurd, sheer nonsense, blasphemy even because the primary responsibility of the Church is to distribute the eternal Life to its members (via the Eucharist). There can be no reconciliation between two camps until the proponents of the supremacy of the common good over the metaphysics believe or until those who believe lose their faith. The state governments and many in the Churches believe in the supremacy of the health, flesh etc. over the metaphysics. They are very sincere hence there is a “persecution without trying to prosecute”. They honestly do not get what idiots like me want and many in the Churches also do not get it. C'est la vie. Edited May 10, 2020 by Anastasia
Anomaly Posted May 10, 2020 Posted May 10, 2020 Yes, I do not believe in “the Real Presence”. No, I do not think I’m on the same team as the Pope. And I know going to communion isn’t required. But I guess you want everyone to know how holy and dedicated you are, and your humble standards far exceeded the vast majority of Bishops and even the Pope. I’m sure you have impressed yourself and a few other gullible, selfish, sophomoric, idiots with the falsehoods you’re spreading.
Anastasia Posted May 10, 2020 Posted May 10, 2020 (edited) 2 hours ago, Anomaly said: Yes, I do not believe in “the Real Presence”. Well, you have just proved my point, that those who do not believe in the Real Presence will never understand those who do and their needs. Yet I should point out that those needs which now too many are trying to represent as “subjective”, “selfish” or “lacking humility” etc are nothing else but the expression of the fundamental faith of the Church. The ancient Church firmly believed in the Real Presence = Christ in the Eucharist and could not live without communion and this is why they went on, no matter what was happening around them. So by doing away with the faith in those fundamentals the Church is risking to do away with herself. If to believe in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist and thus needing Him is a sure sign of pride then not to believe in the presence of Christ in the Eucharist and thus not needing Him must be a sure sign of humility. Edited May 10, 2020 by Anastasia
little2add Posted May 10, 2020 Author Posted May 10, 2020 5 hours ago, Anomaly said: idiots with the falsehoods you’re spreading. To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven
dUSt Posted May 11, 2020 Posted May 11, 2020 On 5/10/2020 at 12:18 AM, Anomaly said: And I know going to communion isn’t required. "They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." - Acts 2:42 Well, I guess Jesus' teachings, fellowship and prayer aren't "required" then either? Seems like Luke was placing communion pretty high up on that list of things to do if you're Christian.
little2add Posted May 11, 2020 Author Posted May 11, 2020 You could say that Luke considered it, The breaking of bread, fellowship and prayer to be essential
Anomaly Posted May 11, 2020 Posted May 11, 2020 3 hours ago, dUSt said: "They were continually devoting themselves to the apostles' teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer." - Acts 2:42 Well, I guess Jesus' teachings, fellowship and prayer aren't "required" then either? Seems like Luke was placing communion pretty high up on that list of things to do if you're Christian. I meant weekly. Read the catechism. Only on Easter, if you are physically able to attend. Despite picking at semantics, are you joining in on the hysterical whine the government is singling out just religion and the Bishops and Pope are caving in to satan and government across the world? Is there no legitimate reason for the US Catholic Church to suspend Masses, other then Bishops value governmental compliance and the health risk is really fake news?
Guest Posted May 12, 2020 Posted May 12, 2020 (edited) Dust is a great guy but I think he gets influenced by the Greatest Catholics of All Time cult. I was seeing LifeSite articles on the front page here everyday for awhile. I see they've ceased now. I'm guessing because they're advocating schism. Also Catholic rappers like Fonzie love the persecution naritive. Then you add in clergy like Burke and Vigano and you're in real danger of going down the rabbit hole. I don't think Dust has jumped in but it's probably tempting. Edited May 12, 2020 by Guest
ardillacid Posted May 14, 2020 Posted May 14, 2020 On 5/11/2020 at 7:38 PM, Anomaly said: I meant weekly. Read the catechism. Only on Easter, if you are physically able to attend. Despite picking at semantics, are you joining in on the hysterical whine the government is singling out just religion and the Bishops and Pope are caving in to satan and government across the world? Is there no legitimate reason for the US Catholic Church to suspend Masses, other then Bishops value governmental compliance and the health risk is really fake news?
ardillacid Posted May 14, 2020 Posted May 14, 2020 It looks like I am the most pro-lifererest Why do people not care about the poor and ultra poor???
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now