homeschoolmom Posted July 3, 2004 Posted July 3, 2004 and declared it was a monkey... (sorry, I thought that was pretty funny-- he was serious...)
homeschoolmom Posted July 3, 2004 Author Posted July 3, 2004 Yeah... I have mixed feelings when my kids say funny things like that. I have a terrible time not laughing (I try really HARD not to laugh), but they come out of the blue and catch me off guard. Their childish notions are so cute sometimes... I just love them... It must be frustrating to be trying to figure out the world (ie why couldn't it be a monkey... we were pretty close to the zoo...) and the bigger people always think you're naive. and btw, it was a racoon...
theculturewarrior Posted July 3, 2004 Posted July 3, 2004 I'm not the best driver, and one time I hit a cat with my niece in the car. "TCW, YOU MURDERER!" she said (or something to that effect). There was an ambulance coming and I said, "It's okay, look, and ambulance is coming."
StColette Posted July 3, 2004 Posted July 3, 2004 awwww The only animal i've ever hit was a squirrel, i felt so horrible when it happened lol @ the ambulance
Sojourner Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jul 3 2004, 05:32 PM'] I'm not the best driver, and one time I hit a cat with my niece in the car. "TCW, YOU MURDERER!" she said (or something to that effect). There was an ambulance coming and I said, "It's okay, look, and ambulance is coming." [/quote] I once hit a possum when I was driving home after working late one night. I totally decimated it, and had to get my front bumper replaced later. I did feel bad, but there was no way to avoid it ... it just popped up right in front of me. Thankfully, no one called me a murderer ...
heyyoimjohnny Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 I had to kill a chipmunk with a stick once. It had been horribly mauled by our cat, so I decided to stop it's suffering. I felt really bad, but I figured it was the right thing to do. You can do that with animals... not people...
littleflower+JMJ Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 why did the chicken cross the road? to show a possum it can be done thats my corny joke for today! *takes bow*
homeschoolmom Posted July 4, 2004 Author Posted July 4, 2004 [quote name='heyyoimjohnny' date='Jul 3 2004, 07:37 PM'] You can do that with animals... not people... [/quote] Thanks for clearing that up...
StColette Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 [quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jul 3 2004, 07:58 PM'] why did the chicken cross the road? to show a possum it can be done thats my corny joke for today! *takes bow* [/quote] lol Flowery you would fit in great in Louisiana lol We love possum jokes
qfnol31 Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 I ran over the bird... Poor thing, its soul died with its body.
VeraMaria Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 lol, HSmom I watched a bird devour a lizard in front of my window today...it was interesting...
curtins Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 i never really ran over anything considering i never drove a car- but my time will come
Iacobus Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 I love monkies. I have monkies all over. I used to even have stuff animals. Can't find them anymore.. LOL!
Iacobus Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 The dog the sleeps under the covers makes up for that though.
Ash Wednesday Posted July 4, 2004 Posted July 4, 2004 Hmm. When I was riding in a car with some friends in Brazil on the way back to Brasilia from Rio, I saw some people *selling* baby monkeys on the side of the road...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now