Lil Red Posted October 29, 2020 Posted October 29, 2020 On 8/24/2020 at 10:47 AM, cutenickname said: Oh God yes. I remember Likos and Lil Red and Ash Wednesday and so many people from those very early days. Yes. I saw that you are an atheist now, I am a mainline Protestant (Episcopalian). Life has a very strange way of leading us in different directions.I think my zealous teenage self would be horrified at the adult me; but I still feel Catholic, just in a different, calmer way. Hey I know some of those people you've mentioned On 10/11/2020 at 9:43 PM, Ash Wednesday said: We can still do the old 11/11 dance if it helps... I do the 11:11 dance quite frequently, truth be told
Anomaly Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 23 hours ago, rachael said: She's the only one I care about Who are you?
Jaime Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 On 10/27/2020 at 1:29 PM, rachael said: It's only because MIKolbe occasionally messages me on LinkedIn. I recommended you for nuclear waste management expert on Linkedin. Did that ever pan out?
dUSt Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 On 10/23/2020 at 6:11 PM, picchick said: I ended up being immersed into grown up life and responsibilities. I would troll the site occasionally to see what was up. I'm just happy my account wasn't deleted. Thank you, dUSt. I tried, but it wouldn't let me.
Jaime Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 2 minutes ago, dUSt said: I tried, but it wouldn't let me. I love the new hair!!
dUSt Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 3 minutes ago, Jaime said: I love the new hair!! Thanks. It hasn't grown on me yet. Where is @Brother Adam?
rachael Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 33 minutes ago, Jaime said: I recommended you for nuclear waste management expert on Linkedin. Did that ever pan out? ironally, my job is pretty close to this.
picchick Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 17 minutes ago, dUSt said: I tried, but it wouldn't let me. oh...well....ok then
Jaime Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 9 minutes ago, rachael said: ironally, my job is pretty close to this.
FSM Sister Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 Sorry - I have been off for a LONG while. I am working two jobs and I am at work Monday through Friday 7 AM - 8 PM or later. Saturdays 9 - 2 PM. By the time I get home, I am half dead. Too tired to do much of anything except say my prayers. I eat most meals at work, or in the car between jobs. Not the life I prefer... but with a job that doesn't keep up with inflation (or cuts in pay) and a mortgage that DOES keep up with inflation, there wasn't much choice.
FutureCarmeliteClaire Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 This is WILD. Got an email about this thread and was surprised my account still existed. I joined as a young teen in 2011 for vocation station, and have since grown up, moved from the east coast to the midwest, gone to college to be a social worker, and am now happily married. So grateful for having had this community long ago which I do believe gave me a foundation for my still-growing faith.
Ancilla Domini Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 I stopped posting after I got marked phishy, because it took such a long time for any of my comments to be approved lol. Didn't seem worth it after a while.
Jaime Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 2 minutes ago, FutureCarmeliteClaire said: This is WILD. Got an email about this thread and was surprised my account still existed. I joined as a young teen in 2011 for vocation station, and have since grown up, moved from the east coast to the midwest, gone to college to be a social worker, and am now happily married. So grateful for having had this community long ago which I do believe gave me a foundation for my still-growing faith. Is your husband aware that you plan to be a Carmelite?
Julie Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 Hi all, It’s been a minute. I don’t know if anyone remembers me, but I used to frequent Vocation Station, where I was very neurotic and tied myself in many needless knots. I think I posted several times about how CONVINCED I was I was called to join this or that order, only for obstacles to arise. Anyway, I‘ve been married for five months, I earned a masters in systematic theology from Our Lady’s university. I’m very happy ministering to college students, thinking about going into counseling, and hoping to add physical motherhood to the list soon. So, I guess, I finally got that vocation thing figured out.
Deb Posted November 2, 2020 Posted November 2, 2020 I too wandered away. I found Phatmass back in 2007 when I had a powerful conversion. I found it by accident, but really enjoyed coming here and chatting and several people I still chat with............ on FB. I come back when Dust emails to ask where I am............. I remember getting suspended once too! It was totally unfair. This was my first chat place ever and I had no idea that people did not use their real names...........
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now