An Old School Catholic Message Board

Trump's position on the far right

fides' Jack

Despite this evidence, which is really just the tip of the iceberg, people refuse to believe that Trump is not racist, when he's probably the least racist president in history, including Obama.

There are far more cases than this, but I imagine 3 minutes is easy enough for anyone to watch/listen to.

Have a good day!

Ha - no.  At this point, if you think he's racist, you either don't know what the word means, or you've bought into the agenda that the left has been feeding people for years.  Or you're just straight-up lying.  I will assume the best.

I recommend watching this in its entirety.  It's worth it.  This guy is far more articulate and passionate about it than I could hope to be - I've never seen him in anything else before and have no idea who he is.

2 hours ago, Anomaly said:

Is there a sliding scale of racism?   

Does perceived intent play a factor? 

Are you asking if a person can be more racist than another person?  It seems obvious the answer is yes.

Does perceived intent play a factor in what?  Determining if someone is racist?  Also, are you asking about the perception of the person who is thought to be racist, or the person who is doing the determining?  Of course intent plays a factor (in fact it is the sole qualification), but I don't see how the perceptions of others determine whether someone is racist or not.  

'Racist' as a term has been so abused that it has lost most of its meaning and potency.

The left uses it so widely and often that at times it simply means "I don't like you...."  As such the left has in time afflicted a great injustice to minorities.

There exists such criterium for one to prove themselves as 'not racist' that it isbl for all intent impossible to meet them.  That makes the issue about stripping the majority of their integral being rather than defending that of minorities.

12 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

Ha - no.  At this point, if you think he's racist, you either don't know what the word means, or you've bought into the agenda that the left has been feeding people for years.  Or you're just straight-up lying.  I will assume the best.

I didn't say Trump was racist in my post. Is he racist? I don't think he's an intentional malicious racist. Prejudiced, certainly, but aren't we all to some extent? What he doesn't do is go out of his way to make it clear that he denounces racism (the only clear denouncements were reading from a teleprompter, ie- someoene else's words). Why? Either he doesn't see it as an issue or he doesn't want to alienate the voters that do not think racism is an issue. So, to the average logical thinking human being, being anti-racist is not a priority of his. So, in that regard, he's definitely somewhere on the racism spectrum.

With that said, Joe Biden is no better. I'd actually argue Biden has said way more racist things than Trump ever has, he's just a better politician.

Sometimes it's better to just go ahead and face a wolf instead of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:09 AM, fides' Jack said:

Despite this evidence, which is really just the tip of the iceberg, people refuse to believe that Trump is not racist, when he's probably the least racist president in history, including Obama.

There are far more cases than this, but I imagine 3 minutes is easy enough for anyone to watch/listen to.

Have a good day!

I think a person has to be a downright idiot or completely oblivious not to realize that Trump is a racist. The birther movement against Obama, "build the wall" and demonizing Mexican immigrants in 2016, all dog whistles to court the votes of right wing extremists. Honestly I think a person would have to be an idiot not to realize that (nothing personal).

39 minutes ago, Peace said:

I think a person has to be a downright idiot or completely oblivious not to realize that Trump is a racist. The birther movement against Obama, "build the wall" and demonizing Mexican immigrants in 2016, all dog whistles to court the votes of right wing extremists. Honestly I think a person would have to be an idiot not to realize that (nothing personal).

That’s a bit extreme to call those positions “racist”.

I married an immigrant.  People in my family are and or were immigrants.   Some are in serious relationships with non-citizens, including from Mexico. Most of us support a good border, with a gate.   How’s that racist?

As far as Obama and birthers.  That was just seizing any opportunity to delegitimize Obama .  No different than Trump is too rude and rich, and Biden is too old and senile.  Is that “classism” or “ageist”?

It’s an awful fine line to walk in the political arena that anything you say can’t be twisted to mean more than what was said or didn’t say.   Calling words as “dog whistle” is usually bovine feces used to misconstrue.  

Is Trump dull-witted and blundering when talking about race?   Yes.  Is he subconsciously occasionally racist is thought and action? Yes, sometimes.  Is he pandering to racist ideology?   Not likely, but if course racists have a better chance to misconstrue reasonable positions from Republicans instead of Democrats that pander to the race card as a political weapon.     It’s the weaponization of competing political parties.  

Edited by Anomaly

4 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

That’s a bit extreme to call those positions “racist”.

I married an immigrant.  People in my family are and or were immigrants.   Some are in serious relationships with non-citizens, including from Mexico. Most of us support a good border, with a gate.   How’s that racist?

As far as Obama and birthers.  That was just seizing any opportunity to delegitimize Obama .  No different than Trump is too rude and rich, and Biden is too old and senile.  Is that “classism” or “ageist”?

It’s an awful fine line to walk in the political arena that anything you say can’t be twisted to mean more than what was said or didn’t say.   Calling words as “dog whistle” is usually bovine feces used to misconstrue.  

Is Trump dull-witted and blundering when talking about race?   Yes.  Is he subconsciously occasionally racist is thought and action? Yes, sometimes.  Is he pandering to racist ideology?   Not likely, but if course racists have a better chance to misconstrue reasonable positions from Republicans instead of Democrats that pander to the race card as a political weapon.     It’s the weaponization of competing political parties.  

I support a good border, even perhaps with a wall or a gate too.

I ain't gonna try to prove it to you pal. If you want to make excuses for his behavior or try to explain it away, that is your business.

But from my standpoint, it would be like arguing with a child that 2 + 2 does not equal 4. I honestly think that anyone who does not understand it is an idiot or oblivious.

10 hours ago, dUSt said:

I didn't say Trump was racist in my post. Is he racist? I don't think he's an intentional malicious racist. Prejudiced, certainly, but aren't we all to some extent? What he doesn't do is go out of his way to make it clear that he denounces racism (the only clear denouncements were reading from a teleprompter, ie- someoene else's words). Why? Either he doesn't see it as an issue or he doesn't want to alienate the voters that do not think racism is an issue. So, to the average logical thinking human being, being anti-racist is not a priority of his. So, in that regard, he's definitely somewhere on the racism spectrum.

With that said, Joe Biden is no better. I'd actually argue Biden has said way more racist things than Trump ever has, he's just a better politician.

Sometimes it's better to just go ahead and face a wolf instead of a wolf in sheep's clothing.

I think it was implied.  And outright stated in this post.  

I think it's very un-Christian to call someone a racist without explicit proof that they are racist.  Not a lack of denial, but outright statements made that show him to be racist.

Yes, I agree, Biden has said some very racist things - even this year.  Trump has not.  And believe it or not, Trump has denounced racism more than just about anybody else.  Have you ever watched one of his rallies - where's he's talking off-the-cuff?  He denounces racism, white supremacy, and the like, all the time to his own supporters.  He's certainly tired of trying to prove it to the left.  The leftist media has maintained the narrative that he doesn't denounce racism, and since they control a big portion of the political view of the people, very many people believe them.

Don't.  Don't believe anything the left is saying right now.  If they say something, it's very likely the exact opposite is true, and that's because they're being led directly by satan right now.  He's not just behind everything they're doing, he's in front of everything they're doing.

Trump is no saint.  Neither am I.  But he's no devil-worshipper, either.  Right now, it's extremely clear, the left is.

44 minutes ago, Peace said:

I support a good border, even perhaps with a wall or a gate too.

I ain't gonna try to prove it to you pal. If you want to make excuses for his behavior or try to explain it away, that is your business.

But from my standpoint, it would be like arguing with a child that 2 + 2 does not equal 4. I honestly think that anyone who does not understand it is an idiot or oblivious.

Hmmm.  

Between the two, I’ll let you pick. It’s only your opinion   

I’m not making excuses, just explaining a rational difference in perception that isn’t either.

19 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Hmmm.  

Between the two, I’ll let you pick. It’s only your opinion   

I’m not making excuses, just explaining a rational difference in perception that isn’t either.

That's cool. You ain't the target of it. Probably 90% of black Americans believe that the man is racist, myself included. If you want to know why that is I guess you'll have figure it out for yourself. Or don't. That's up to you.

But that's cool I guess. I wouldn't say that Trump differs that much from the average white American when it come to race, so I guess it should not come as a huge surprise to me that a lot of folks cannot see what is obvious.

49 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Is he subconsciously occasionally racist is thought and action? Yes, sometimes.

I get that you're not Catholic, but I would be very careful judging other people's thoughts.  We only know what people say and do, but we can't know what they think.

8 minutes ago, Peace said:

That's cool. You ain't the target of it. Probably 90% of black Americans believe that the man is racist, myself included. If you want to know why that is I guess you'll have figure it out for yourself. Or don't. That's up to you.

But that's cool I guess. I wouldn't say that Trump differs that much from the average white American when it come to race, so I guess it should not come as a huge surprise to me that a lot of folks cannot see what is obvious.

Are you saying the average white person is racist?  That's an extremely ironic statement.

I think there was a point when 90% of black Americans would have leaned that way, because they were Democrats.  That number is dropping fast, as the black community is learning just how bad for them the Democrat party really is.

2 hours ago, Peace said:

Honestly I think a person would have to be an idiot not to realize that (nothing personal).

1 hour ago, Peace said:

And I would say anyone who keeps touting the Democrat party lie that most white people are racist or that Trump is racist is under the control of satan and needs to stop listening to his voice in the media.