An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholic Answers Forum to Close

BarbTherese

• 3 months later...
Norseman82
On 11/28/2020 at 5:49 AM, BarbaraTherese said:

Because it is run by fat older women in stirrup pantaloons whose social life consists of cats.

You forgot to add "who need more fiber in their diet because they are constipated!"  :rotfl2: 

Seriously, it took a very serious turn for the worse once moderating started being  done by "mob rule" (either that, or there may have been automated bots following an algorith). Plus, posts started to be actually changed (not simply offensive parts being removed, but actually changed to suit some moderator's idea of what a post would sound nicer as (a form of lying by putting words in someone else's mouth)).  

So as far as I'm concerned, good riddance to the constipated modernist heretic  "Church of Nice" Catholic cancel culture.  The only service you provided to me was to show just how bad shape the Church in America really is in.

On 1/23/2021 at 5:41 PM, Mercedes said:

After CAF closed I started posting at CCF. CCS which is dominated by an extremely rude poster by the name of josh who doesn't seem to be reigned in and drives away anyone expecting actual Catholic common sense. 

There used to be a poster here named Josh.  Does your "Josh" post about how everything is racist?

Ash Wednesday
On 11/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, BarbaraTherese said:

Because it is run by fat older women in stirrup pantaloons whose social life consists of cats.

I missed this post but that was CAF in a nutshell. Heaven help you if you dared to criticize banal 60s guitar music and tacky felt banners, because YOU IDOLIZE THE PAST AND LIVE IN A FANTASY LAND AND YOU DON'T REMEMBER WHAT IT WAS LIKE BEFORE!!!11!!!1!

Even just getting into practical subjects like cost of living or home buying for young people, it was stunning to me just how much of a bubble some of those people were in. It doesn't occur to some of them that there's a socioeconomic scope that exists beyond the 1970s American midwest.

• 5 weeks later...
islandanchoress
On 11/28/2020 at 11:49 AM, BarbaraTherese said:

They're not called CATholics for nothing! rotfl

HOW DARE anyone insult cats  GEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. My seven are furious.. 

I was on that forum too. I agree, the moderating wasn't good, particularly when they would edit what you wrote all the time.

One of the members then created her own forum for people from that forum, when it closed, but I haven't posted on there much, because she made a bunch of strict rules for it, like a list of things you are not allowed to talk about.

On 12/10/2020 at 7:10 PM, dUSt said:

Don't tempt me. I will set automatic fiddlers to substitute many of your commonly used words to words of my liking.

UGH. Backfire. I meant to say f i l t e r s.

I'm guessing a "f I l t e r" was something needed in the past on this phorum?!

seems I just happened to catch this phorums "f I l t e r" substitution (w/ fiddler) in another thread where I pointed out the idea of the great "f I l t e r" idea of the fermi paradox (which strangely enuf is related to a topic that first drew me to the "catholic answers" forum)

perhaps it's just a coincidence but this phorums "f I l t e r" substitution (w/ fiddler) is somewhat appropriate given the topic in the other thread,... (i.e. the fiddler plays on while rome burns so to speak)

• 10 months later...
On 1/27/2021 at 12:00 PM, chrysostom said:

Let's take this outside. Boxing rules or also kicks allowed?

Chrysologus > Chrysostom

8f14f5218b7d9357461217585cdc65cf.gif