Piccoli Fiori JMJ Posted July 10, 2004 Author Posted July 10, 2004 Those are some pretty cool links there! Very helpful!
ilovechrist Posted July 10, 2004 Posted July 10, 2004 i don't think i'm too hard on myself... i'm too hard on others.
picchick Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 [quote name='FutureNunJMJ' date='Jul 6 2004, 07:49 AM'] +JMJ+ Am I the only who seems to be striving for perfection, even when I cannot attain it (At least not here on earth)? I guess I've been really down because I haven't been meeting my expectations for myself. It can be really stupid things too, simple things that I could have done to be more humble or selfless, but instead I feel like I was extreamly greedy and selfish, even though I really wasn't horrible about. I don't know. I feel like I'm babbling on and on... that's all from me... [/quote] Yay!!!! I am not the only one. I get upset and frustrated because I have the picture at how whatever I am doing will turn out perfect. It never does though.
MichaelFilo Posted July 11, 2004 Posted July 11, 2004 I can say I was like that at times, and it comes back. There is a cure mind you, it is quite simply, to realize that in the time you are over-scanning yourself, and picking apart this and that, you've totally lost sight of the reason you are being hard on yourself, Jesus. The point is, he wouldn't want you to do it, because it is so irrelevant once you go to reconciliation since all sins are forgiven, the spoken and the unspoken ( of course no leaving out stuff you remember ).
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now