An Old School Catholic Message Board

Catholics & Non-Catholics Dialogue Thread

Era Might

Lol. Another 10 posts to tell you why you don't belong on Phatmass and to go away. This is the love of God that Catholics are selling to the world. After I post this, wait for the next 10 posts explaining why the Defenders of the Faith on here are righteously justified. No love of God, but plenty of treatises and dogmas about the love of God. A waste of my time trying to deal with these people in a brotherly way, some people are animals and shout the loudest about God and know so little about him. Expect another 10 posts after this one explaining why I'm wrong and they're right. I shake the dust off my feet, I feel sorry for you, such big heads and small minds, and even smaller hearts. I've seen more love from homeless people and prisoners than from Catholics. But some people just can't be told anything, they have to be right no matter the cost. And with that, I'm done, it's a waste of breath to try and leave on a note of good will. If you're able to shut up for two seconds, think long and hard about why I get along with @Clean Water and not you. Hint: it's not because we're both Catholic haters, it's because you're a self-righteous loudmouth.

Edited by Era Might

19 minutes ago, Era Might said:

Lol. Another 10 posts to tell you why you don't belong on Phatmass and to go away. This is the love of God that Catholics are selling to the world. After I post this, wait for the next 10 posts explaining why the Defenders of the Faith on here are righteously justified. No love of God, but plenty of treatises and dogmas about the love of God. A waste of my time trying to deal with these people in a brotherly way, some people are animals and shout the loudest about God and know so little about him. Expect another 10 posts after this one explaining why I'm wrong and they're right. I shake the dust off my feet, I feel sorry for you, such big heads and small minds, and even smaller hearts. I've seen more love from homeless people and prisoners than from Catholics. But some people just can't be told anything, they have to be right no matter the cost. And with that, I'm done, it's a waste of breath to try and leave on a note of good will. If you're able to shut up for two seconds, think long and hard about why I get along with @Clean Water and not you. Hint: it's not because we're both Catholic haters, it's because you're a self-righteous loudmouth.

Welcome back Era. I'm surprised that you were able to stay away for so long.

Would be cool to see articles like this on the front page of Phatmass. Instead of articles attacking Amanda Gorman and saying it would be better for Catholics if she wasn't in the church.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2021/02/church-must-do-more-to-stop-exodus-of-black-catholics-priest-says/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Church must do more to stop ‘exodus’ of Black Catholics, priest says

NEW YORK — An Archdiocese of Milwaukee priest claimed Tuesday that what he calls the “Black Catholic exodus” from the Church in America calls into question the Catholic Church’s credibility and integrity.

“For years, Black Catholics have realized that if we’re going to have a presence in the church it’s going to be up to us to nurture that presence because the wider church has either through neglect or through active suppression has not shown a real sense that they even care that there are Black Catholics in the church,” said Father Bryan Massingale. “I think for its own credibility the Catholic church should be concerned about this.”

Massingale made the comments at a Fordham University Center on Religion and Culture online discussion Tuesday, “Black Churches, Black Catholics” that explored a recent Pew Research Center study, “Faith Among Black Americans.”

The report surveyed 8,660 Black adults across the United States about their religious experiences. The data was gathered between Nov. 19, 2019-June 3, 2020.

Massingale, who is a professor of theological and social ethics at Fordham University, noted that 54 percent of Black adults that were raised Catholic still identify as Catholic, but 81 percent of Black adults that were raised Protestant still identify as Protestant.

Sociologist Tia Noelle Pratt notes that through her research racism – both systemic and individual – and where churches close are other factors that drive Black Americans away.

“We see churches closing in our diocese that serve large Black Catholic populations. Black churches bear the burden of that when dioceses decide that churches need to close and parishes need to reorganize,” said Pratt, the president of the TNPratt & Associates sociology firm in Philadelphia.

The Pew study found that 6 percent of Black Americans are Catholic. And though that percentage may seem small, Pratt said it’s important to recognize that 6 percent is millions of people.

“Millions of people isn’t nobody. Millions of people deserve and have earned a place in this discourse and to not be taken for granted and to be a part of that,” she said.

Other notable data in the study identified what Black Americans see as essential parts of their faith. Around 75 percent of Black Catholics said opposing sexism is essential to their faith. Likewise, 77 percent of Black Catholics said opposing racism was essential as well.

A deeper dive into the data shows that Black Americans are more likely than Americans overall to view opposition to racism as essential.

A newer survey conducted by the Pew research team in mid-July – about two months after the death of George Floyd sparked nationwide racial justice protests – found racial and ethnic gaps in support for the protests in houses of worship.

The survey showed 67 percent of Black worshippers said they have heard support for the protests in sermons, compared with 43 percent among Hispanics and 32 percent among whites.

"You put those things together we see a mismatch going on between things that are essential for Black Catholics and how we understand our faith, and the issues that are important to us and it seems that it’s less and less likely that those kinds of concerns are going to be honored in a white congregation,” Massingale said.

“It’s not the whiteness of the congregation that’s a problem. It’s the unwillingness of the white community to engage in those issues, which are existentially important for African American believers and Black Catholics,” he continued.

Towards the end of Tuesday’s discussion, Massingale and Pratt were asked why it’s important for Black Americans to stay in the Catholic church.

“When you talk to Black Catholics there’s this sense of this is our home. This is where we’ve encountered the sacred. These rites and sacraments are meaningful to us. We’re not going to let someone take that away from us and more importantly I think there’s a sense of mission that this is where God wants us to be,” Massingale said.

For Pratt, the reason is simple.

“We’ve got to keep pushing. We’ve got to keep fighting the fight and doing the work,” she said.

27 minutes ago, Clean Water said:

Would be cool to see articles like this on the front page of Phatmass. Instead of articles attacking Amanda Gorman and saying it would be better for Catholics if she wasn't in the church.

https://cruxnow.com/church-in-the-usa/2021/02/church-must-do-more-to-stop-exodus-of-black-catholics-priest-says/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I imagine that if you forward significant articles to @dUSt he may be open to posting some of them on the front page if it is technically feasible (not that I am his spokesperson of course). That being said, I recall having seen articles relating to minority issues on the front page before. I do not think that is a rare thing. I think I have seen a variety of articles from a wide range of standpoints on the front page. From what I understand, the articles are fed automatically from various Catholic news sources rather than being hand-selected by Dust himself or anyone else, but you would need to ask him how that works.

5 minutes ago, Peace said:

I imagine that if you forward significant articles to @dUSt he may be open to posting some of them on the front page if it is technically feasible (not that I am his spokesperson of course). That being said, I recall having seen articles relating to minority issues on the front page before. I do not think that is a rare thing. I think I have seen a variety of articles from a wide range of standpoints on the front page. From what I understand, the articles are fed automatically from various Catholic news sources rather than being hand-selected by Dust himself or anyone else, but you would need to ask him how that works.

The hit peice on Amanda Gorman was brutal. Not exaggerating. I couldn't believe what I was reading. And not to go Cancel Culture on EWTN but they need to be held accountable. They did Gloria Purvis dirty. If you research that situation it's ugly. EWTN'S board members and big donors are all MAGA people. They are pushing a narrative and have an agenda. Church Pop is put on by EWTN. It goes on and on. Here's a good article from Black Catholic Messenger.

https://www.blackcatholicmessenger.com/racism-and-what-we-are-not-told/

Racism and what we are not told

Recently I came across a homily by Fr James Altman, a well-known priest in Catholic media. The homily was proudly listed on Steve Ray’s website as “an excellent homily on racism and the history of our country.”

Ray is a famous Catholic apologist who has written numerous books. I own at least two of these books, and would even go as far as to say they helped to aid in my conversion.

Being that this was someone whom I respected and even admired at one point, I was greatly taken aback when I began to play this homily as instructed on the webpage. The homily, titled “Racism and What We Are Not Told” was posted on July 3rd.

Had someone played it without context, I probably would have thought it was from a KKK rally.

In it, Altman proceeds to say that his homily is addressed to “low information individuals” who can’t “properly string words together to form a sentence”. He predictably says that systemic racism is a lie, that Black men disproportionately commit crimes, that everyone who was lynched was either a rapist or a killer, and then pushes a false equivalence fallacy about the deaths of White union soldiers vs the number of Black men who were lynched.

Altman brags about presenting his homily as “facts over emotion”, but nothing he said about Black people or our history with racism was actually factual. If anything, it’s filled with inconsistencies and misconstrues the data.

For one, he vehemently denies systemic racism and calls it a lie, but affirms anti-Catholicism and anti-Christianity as systemic. He appeals to the removal of God from public schools as the reason. While one could argue that anti-Christian hate is systemic, one cannot in good conscience say that systemic racism is a lie and appeal to historic claims to do so.

In order to do so, he would have to deny that the systematic slavery of African Americans, the system of laws put in place to prevent them from freedom, and the systematic denial of their constitutional rights based on their skin color is, in fact, systemic. Anyone who can “string together words to form a coherent sentence” would never say anything so robbed of blatant historical facts and logic—unless they were completely uneducated on the matter.

It’s interesting because he seemed to be speaking from the White point of view about what people aren’t being told. Black people are told these illogical talking points all of the time. For instance, he boldly touts the claim that Black people commit more crimes. However, there is not a single statistical study in existence that says that Black people commit more crimes. There is nowhere to lay this claim, point blank period. There is, however, a study with FBI crime statistics that says that Black men are arrested at a higher rate for murder and robbery.

Moreover, there are plenty of statistics and studies showing that Black men are exonerated at a higher rate from violent crimes than any other race. For instance, in 2017 the National Registry of Exonerations published a study with UC Irvine that found that innocent Black men were seven times more likely to be convicted of murder than innocent White people.

The study also found that of the 1,900 men exonerated from violent crimes in 2016, Black men accounted for nearly 50%, despite being 13% of the population—this is incredibly disproportionate. Instead of focusing on the truth of these statistics, Altman chose to spew misinformation and hate to his congregation and listeners.

Altman also made the bizarre claim that everyone who was lynched was either a rapist or murderer, because lynching was considered capital punishment. I could think of many examples to refute that claim, but one name is sufficient enough: Emmett Till, the young boy whose case sparked the Civil Rights Movement, was a 14-year-old boy lynched for allegedly “offending” a White woman at a grocery store. He was neither a rapist nor a murderer—but was still executed like one.

There is historical documentation that the majority of lynchings were of innocent African Americans, like Till. I don’t know where James Altman got his information, but not only is he poisoning the minds of people who listen to the homily against Black people, but he is also removing the accountability of the racist murderers from not so long ago. The worst part? He is doing it in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I admit that it took at least three times watching it before I could actually finish it. And even when I decided to cover it, there was so much to say that I didn’t know where to start. However, I am choosing to start with honesty—which I wish Altman and people who think like him would do, too.

When I converted, there were a lot of things no one told me about racism in the Church. I didn’t know it was still so rampant in the laity, infecting the hearts of many. No one told me I would have to throw away the books of apologists and speakers I once respected because, despite their being so smart in other matters, they completely lack education on the African-American experience.

Most of all, no one told me that staying in the Church would be such a huge struggle, seeing the way Black Catholics are treated in the media and by priests in the pulpit.

1 hour ago, Clean Water said:

The hit peice on Amanda Gorman was brutal. Not exaggerating. I couldn't believe what I was reading. And not to go Cancel Culture on EWTN but they need to be held accountable. They did Gloria Purvis dirty. If you research that situation it's ugly. EWTN'S board members and big donors are all MAGA people. They are pushing a narrative and have an agenda. Church Pop is put on by EWTN. It goes on and on. Here's a good article from Black Catholic Messenger.

https://www.blackcatholicmessenger.com/racism-and-what-we-are-not-told/

Racism and what we are not told

Recently I came across a homily by Fr James Altman, a well-known priest in Catholic media. The homily was proudly listed on Steve Ray’s website as “an excellent homily on racism and the history of our country.”

Ray is a famous Catholic apologist who has written numerous books. I own at least two of these books, and would even go as far as to say they helped to aid in my conversion.

Being that this was someone whom I respected and even admired at one point, I was greatly taken aback when I began to play this homily as instructed on the webpage. The homily, titled “Racism and What We Are Not Told” was posted on July 3rd.

Had someone played it without context, I probably would have thought it was from a KKK rally.

In it, Altman proceeds to say that his homily is addressed to “low information individuals” who can’t “properly string words together to form a sentence”. He predictably says that systemic racism is a lie, that Black men disproportionately commit crimes, that everyone who was lynched was either a rapist or a killer, and then pushes a false equivalence fallacy about the deaths of White union soldiers vs the number of Black men who were lynched.

Altman brags about presenting his homily as “facts over emotion”, but nothing he said about Black people or our history with racism was actually factual. If anything, it’s filled with inconsistencies and misconstrues the data.

For one, he vehemently denies systemic racism and calls it a lie, but affirms anti-Catholicism and anti-Christianity as systemic. He appeals to the removal of God from public schools as the reason. While one could argue that anti-Christian hate is systemic, one cannot in good conscience say that systemic racism is a lie and appeal to historic claims to do so.

In order to do so, he would have to deny that the systematic slavery of African Americans, the system of laws put in place to prevent them from freedom, and the systematic denial of their constitutional rights based on their skin color is, in fact, systemic. Anyone who can “string together words to form a coherent sentence” would never say anything so robbed of blatant historical facts and logic—unless they were completely uneducated on the matter.

It’s interesting because he seemed to be speaking from the White point of view about what people aren’t being told. Black people are told these illogical talking points all of the time. For instance, he boldly touts the claim that Black people commit more crimes. However, there is not a single statistical study in existence that says that Black people commit more crimes. There is nowhere to lay this claim, point blank period. There is, however, a study with FBI crime statistics that says that Black men are arrested at a higher rate for murder and robbery.

Moreover, there are plenty of statistics and studies showing that Black men are exonerated at a higher rate from violent crimes than any other race. For instance, in 2017 the National Registry of Exonerations published a study with UC Irvine that found that innocent Black men were seven times more likely to be convicted of murder than innocent White people.

The study also found that of the 1,900 men exonerated from violent crimes in 2016, Black men accounted for nearly 50%, despite being 13% of the population—this is incredibly disproportionate. Instead of focusing on the truth of these statistics, Altman chose to spew misinformation and hate to his congregation and listeners.

Altman also made the bizarre claim that everyone who was lynched was either a rapist or murderer, because lynching was considered capital punishment. I could think of many examples to refute that claim, but one name is sufficient enough: Emmett Till, the young boy whose case sparked the Civil Rights Movement, was a 14-year-old boy lynched for allegedly “offending” a White woman at a grocery store. He was neither a rapist nor a murderer—but was still executed like one.

There is historical documentation that the majority of lynchings were of innocent African Americans, like Till. I don’t know where James Altman got his information, but not only is he poisoning the minds of people who listen to the homily against Black people, but he is also removing the accountability of the racist murderers from not so long ago. The worst part? He is doing it in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

I admit that it took at least three times watching it before I could actually finish it. And even when I decided to cover it, there was so much to say that I didn’t know where to start. However, I am choosing to start with honesty—which I wish Altman and people who think like him would do, too.

When I converted, there were a lot of things no one told me about racism in the Church. I didn’t know it was still so rampant in the laity, infecting the hearts of many. No one told me I would have to throw away the books of apologists and speakers I once respected because, despite their being so smart in other matters, they completely lack education on the African-American experience.

Most of all, no one told me that staying in the Church would be such a huge struggle, seeing the way Black Catholics are treated in the media and by priests in the pulpit.

You probably missed the thread in which I stated that the majority of people in the USA are racist. Look, I've been on the Earth 42 years. I've been called the N-word to my face. I've been discriminated against. Had my resume torn up right in my face. You don't have to convince me that there are plenty of racists here in the USA and within the Catholic Church.

How old are you though? Look. You are gonna go nuts with all of this. This racism stuff is gonna drive you crazy if you spend so much mental energy on it. It is going to make you extremely angry and despondent towards the society in which you live. I've been there before at a stage in my life.  A lot of black people go through a stage like that. But at a certain point getting down about this stuff is going to do you more harm than it will do anyone any good. You gotta get out, live and enjoy life the best you can with the cards that you were dealt. And let's keep it real. While we still have a ton of problems today, things are a 100% better than now than they were in my parents and grandparents generation. We have it hard but they had it HARD. So you gotta buck up to a certain extent. It ain't all that bad.

Personally, I'm not going to spend a whole lot of time thinking about what Fr. Altman wrote or what racist person X or racist person Y wrote or thinks. Who cares what these people think? Why should it matter to me? Who are they that I should care about their opinion? I am not going to spend my time trying to prove to these people that they are wrong. They are lost causes. I am going to spend my time making money or educating myself, so that I can help the people I care about. Spend your energy on positive things and make changes where you can, rather than trying to force other people to change their views, or the way that other people think.

A lot of black folks in the USA have a deep-seeded inferiority complex (which was ingrained in us) and a deep need to validate ourselves to white people and have them think of us as "worthy." It's like many of us get a self-esteem boost when the white man pats us on the head. F--- that. Look, I have white friends, I get along with plenty of white people. But I don't NEED white people to like me, or even to treat me fairly, or even to treat me well. If a person does not like me, cool. You go hang out over there with your people, I'll hang out over here with my people. I'm not trying to force myself into a party where I'm not wanted. That's a total waste of time and it's only a severe inferiority complex that causes so many black people to spend so much energy trying to to do it. Maybe 100 years ago black people in the US were in such a subjugated position in society that they were in all respects dependent on whites for their own survival, but that is clearly not the case today. Anything that white people can do for themselves, black people can do for themselves, if not better. So we need to just get on with our own business and do for ourselves, rather than continuing to waste our time trying to convince racist white people and other folks that "what Fr. Altman (or whoever) wrote about black people" was not true and insulting."  You don't like what EWTN has to say? Then create your own. You are not welcome at white Catholic parishes. Then worship at a black Catholic parish or create your own parish. There are black bishops in the USA. Then you won't have to be here frustrated on the web that your views aren't being put out there in the way that you want to.

Just my 2 cents on it.

Edited by Peace

Speaking of black Catholic bishops, I always like an excuse to share this photo I took last year. That is Bishop Joseph Perry, an auxiliary in Chicago.

His devotion to Our Lord in the Eucharist was absolutely crystal clear from my vantage point 

DSC_1999.jpg

28 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

Speaking of black Catholic bishops, I always like an excuse to share this photo I took last year. That is Bishop Joseph Perry, an auxiliary in Chicago.

His devotion to Our Lord in the Eucharist was absolutely crystal clear from my vantage point

That's a dope photo. The only religious photo that I am even quasi-proud of is this joint taken after an Orthodox Mass at Lalibela a few years back.

Lalibela

7 minutes ago, Peace said:

That's a dope photo. The only religious photo that I am even quasi-proud of is this joint taken after an Orthodox Mass at Lalibela a few years back.

Lalibela

Chiaroscuro as heck, friend.:clapping:

8 hours ago, Clean Water said:

We are different people. I'm guessing Mediators of Meh could figure that out with a simple IP check. 

it's 2021. VPNs you know?

Machine_Washable
On 2/26/2021 at 10:18 AM, Era Might said:

Thanks for sharing!

Honestly I don't know much about Islam as a religion. I know more about it from a historical perspective because I read a lot of history, the ancient religious milieu that you refer to is very interesting. One of my favorite little stories of history that I've always remembered is about the collapse of the Umayyad dynasty and the transition to the Abbasids, representing the shift in power from Damascus to Baghdad. As I recall, the Abbasids killed all the Umayyad leaders, but one of them survived the slaughter and escaped from Damascus all the way to Spain, and re-constituted the Umayyad dynasty in Spain.

I used to live in Harlem, New York City which has a lot of black Muslims. I rented a room and one of the other renters was a black Muslim. He was a good guy, he had like 13 kids, I didn't ask but I suspect he had just gotten out of prison. But he was an early riser like me so I'd be up at 5AM and would hear him in his room, listening to an Arabic chanting, and he would have his door open and I'd see him on his knees prostrate on the ground, repeating with the chanting, "Allahu Akbar." But I met a lot of Muslims there (obviously, it's New York City). I used to eat at a Middle Eastern restaurant and sometimes when I would go to pickup the food I'd have to wait because the guy would be prostrate on the floor saying his prayers. I remember talking to a guy from Yemen at the corner store, Muslims run a lot of the small businesses in NYC. I told him he was the first person I've ever met from Yemen. But even outside of NYC today I see a lot more Muslims in America, something I didn't see so much 20 or 30 years ago. It's a globalizing world...

I'd like to know what that phrase means to you, "to submit to the will of God." I met a homeless man once in Los Angeles, I was waiting for the bus and he saw that I was carrying my Bible. He started talking to me about the Bible and quoting Psalm 91 from memory:

He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”

Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.

He talked about how God delivers us, not for anything we do or know, but merely because we have known His name, because we have acknowledged Him, submitted to Him. He told me it only takes 10 minutes a day to pray, what you have to do is go to a secret place and get down on your knees, and do absolutely nothing except acknowledge the name of God, to give him 10 minutes of pure acknowledgment, and that's enough prayer for the day. I've never forgotten that man, he taught me what it means to pray. And I remember vividly, he had a sort of dramatic way of speaking besides being homeless, and he told me, "God can turn a king into a beggar and a beggar into king, just like that," and he snapped his fingers to make the point. I've met a lot of people like that in my life, messengers of God who make their point, deliver their message, and are never seen again.

God says in the book of the prophet Jeramiah: "Call to me and I will answer you, and show you things great and mighty which you have not known." Jesus said that if we seek then we will find, if we ask then it will be given. I believe God is our counselor, that he conceals nothing from us, that he will teach us all things, all wisdom, if only we ask and listen. That's how I understand the "will of God," not as something inscrutable or outside man, but something that is readily available to us if we use the active intelligence of our mind and listen to the Almighty. He says in the book of the prophet Isaiah, "Come, let us reason together." God reasons with us, because he created us to be intelligent and to use our intelligence. Life is not a mystery and neither is God.

So I'd ask, what does the will of God mean to you here and now, in 2021? What does God want of us, of mankind, today, not in theory but in the actual world we live in? There are more than a billion Christians and more than a billion Muslims, and that's not going to change. I'm currently reading a book called The Rise and Fall of the Great Powers which begins in the year 1500, before the "European miracle" in which Europe advanced ahead of the rest of the world. In 1500 the oriental and Muslim empires were roughly equal with the disunited kingdoms of Europe, and in fact what we know in the West as the Middle Ages has been called, from a global perspective, the Age of Chinese Dominance. The long history of Christian and Muslim violence is well-known. I'm thinking for example of the great Portuguese navigator Vasco da Gama who burned alive a ship of Muslim pilgrims returning from Mecca. He locked all the men, women and children inside the ship and burned them alive. This is the sort of thing that happens when religion becomes a source of division and rivalry and greed, as if God needs us to fight over Him. As a Muslim, what do you think about the global state of the world today and God's will for it?

Here's a song you might like called "Jerusalem" by an African artist name Alpha Blondy. I believe in Pan-African unity, and you can't have Pan-African unity if you don't have Christian-Muslim unity. All Africans are brothers, it doesn't matter what their religion is, and I believe that Africa is the model for the rest of the world. The unification of Africa will only be possible if Africans show the rest of the world what it means to live as brothers, to "dwell in unity" as the Bible says. This video is a tribute to Jerusalem as the land of the three religions.

From the Bible to the Koran
Revelation in Jerusalem
Shalom!

Salaam Alaikum!

You can see Christians, Jews, and Muslims
Living together and praying

Amen!
Let's gives thanks and praises!

Yes. A lot of slaves were Muslims. Although most of them could not pass Islam down to the kids and grandkids, many of those great grandkids discovered their Muslims roots and embraced Islam. They were the only representative of Islam in America until the 70s and 80s. I’m talking a  book out Black Americans who were Muslims. Nation of Islam are not Muslims. 

Your roommate was praying Fajr. That is the dawn prayer. We must pray at the break of down, noon, the afternoon, and evening. There is also a final night prayer that according to the Hanafis is wajib (required) and according to everyone else is Sunnah (encouraged). We have a range of time to pray. Depending on the position of the sun in the sky. But the prayers must be completed within the time frames. 

Could you explain your question about the will of God? 

2 hours ago, Peace said:

You probably missed the thread in which I stated that the majority of people in the USA are racist.

You really believe that?

@Era Might I'm only hear for the lols mostly. Didn't know you were so sensitive. Good luck.

17 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

You really believe that?

Well to clarify I think I wrote that I believe that the majority of people living in the USA are white supremacists, and yes I do believe that.

Now, do I mean hood wearing N-word swearing types. Nah. But at a deep even subconscious level I think that most white Americans view black Americans as an inferior class of people who should be subjugated.

Look, that is what black Americans were brought to this country for, first and foremost. And the notion is still deeply ingrained in the minds of most Americans, in my opinion.

It's nothing personal though. I still like most of ya'll.

31 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

it's 2021. VPNs you know?

Possible. Let's keep this conspiracy theory alive for a bit then.

Edited by Peace

3 minutes ago, Peace said:

minds of most Americans, in my opinion.

you're welcome to your opinion, but I think you're making a pretty big leap here.

4 minutes ago, Ice_nine said:

you're welcome to your opinion, but I think you're making a pretty big leap here.

Well I can understand how most white people would be adverse to hearing that, especially the liberal ones who think of themselves as our benefactors. But sure, I could be wrong. I certainly cannot prove my view on that. It's just my opinion. It's not important to me that anyone share it.