An Old School Catholic Message Board

Will you get the vaccine?

Monoxide

Will you get the vaccine?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 8/14/2021 at 11:25 PM, hakutaku said:

So... the answer is "it depends."

I said, "biological male" not "phenotypic male".  Also, it's pretty clear I'm referring to human males, not Jurassic Park frogs.

Can a human, biological male ever be anything other than a human, biological male?

So much for the idea that the educated are the people who believe in vaccines...  Not only are those with PHDs the least likely to be vaccinated (compared with other education levels), they are also the least likely to change their minds on the issue, at least in the US of A:

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/americans-with-doctorates-are-least-likely-to-get-vaccinated-survey/?utm_source=top_news&utm_campaign=catholic

ReasonableFaith
On 8/17/2021 at 11:16 PM, fides' Jack said:

This will be easily dismissed and seen for what it is by those who have paid heed to the warnings here. However, it seems Bingham and Weston have either not heard or paid heed to the warnings. They seem to have been seduced by the demonic science of leftist ideologues within the corrupt, leftist owned higher education system who were funded by the evil big tech overlords at Facebook as well as the international criminals at the CDC. It will be interesting to see which real believing journalists of true faith will come forth to fill the media space of truth so recently vacated by Bingham and Weston. 

https://www.fda.gov/news-events/press-announcements/fda-approves-first-covid-19-vaccine

Today, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration approved the first COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine has been known as the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, and will now be marketed as Comirnaty (koe-mir’-na-tee), for the prevention of COVID-19 disease in individuals 16 years of age and older.

16 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

God help us!

Are you just against this one particular vaccine, or all vaccines generally?

For example, are the polio vaccine, the flu-shot also out?

Dynavax/Valneva are close to rolling out their vax, which hopefully is coming to a clinic near me as there is no use of HEK263 or PER.C6 at any point in production or testing.

Edited by chrysostom

22 hours ago, chrysostom said:

Dynavax/Valneva are close to rolling out their vax, which hopefully is coming to a clinic near me as there is no use of HEK263 or PER.C6 at any point in production or testing.

I wonder what the reason not to take this vaccine is gonna be.

"Just because"?

ReasonableFaith
1 hour ago, Peace said:

"Just because"?

Developed too quickly, ‘experimental,’ not ‘approved,’ somebody died after taking it, causes every adverse medical condition known to humankind, contains heavy metals and other toxins, causes the human body to cannibalize itself, contains a tracking micro chip, makes women infertile, makes men infertile, causes spontaneous abortions, causes viral mutations, circulates too much in the body, causes ADE, crosses the blood-brain barrier, causes death in 3 years and seven months after injection, it’s a scam by Big Pharma, viruses don’t cause disease, there is no virus, there is no epidemic, it’s a ‘plandemic,’ Bill Gates is behind it, George Soros is behind it, the blood of Jesus protects me, ‘freedom’…

…all while shotgunning livestock dewormer from the feed store on the daily (locked up, behind glass, behind the counter with a purchase limit of one 250ml serving here).

Edited by ReasonableFaith
Grammar

On 8/24/2021 at 7:15 AM, Peace said:

Are you just against this one particular vaccine, or all vaccines generally?

For example, are the polio vaccine, the flu-shot also out?

I've already answered that question.

6 hours ago, Peace said:

"Just because"?

If that's my decision, that's enough of a reason.

17 hours ago, Peace said:

"Just because"?

I'd be fine taking it.

18 hours ago, ReasonableFaith said:

…all while shotgunning livestock dewormer from the feed store on the daily (locked up, behind glass, behind the counter with a purchase limit of one 250ml serving here).

This is the level of discourse I expect from auths. The national divorce can’t come soon enough :coffee:

14 hours ago, fides' Jack said:

I've already answered that question.

If that's my decision, that's enough of a reason.

It's a reason, but it ain't a valid reason.

20 hours ago, ReasonableFaith said:

Obviously people taking ivermectin in the veterinary doses is beyond stupid, but I'm having trouble understanding why suddenly it's being ridiculed overall. It's widely available in human-safe dosage and has been a positive contributor to global health in humanity since 1975.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3043740/

There are few drugs that can seriously lay claim to the title of ‘Wonder drug’, penicillin and aspirin being two that have perhaps had greatest beneficial impact on the health and wellbeing of Mankind. But ivermectin can also be considered alongside those worthy contenders, based on its versatility, safety and the beneficial impact that it has had, and continues to have, worldwide—especially on hundreds of millions of the world’s poorest people.

One review has positive things to say after looking at multiple double-blind RCTs for treatment of COVID-19. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8088823/

There are other reviews which are not as positive, so granted there is plenty of uncertainty. Overall I'm a fan of lettings doctors do their thing. But the human dose is FDA approved safe for years.