Mickey's_Girl Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 I was thinking...there's a patron saint for practically everything, but so far, I haven't been able to find one for PMS. Ladies, don't you think that we need special intercessory prayer for this? (No snide remarks, please, gentlemen, thank you.) Suggestions? (Serious ones appreciated. ) MG
Mickey's_Girl Posted July 9, 2004 Author Posted July 9, 2004 Watch it, Raph. I TRIED to type it in caps in the title, but it wouldn't let me! [b]PREMENSTRUAL SYNDROME[/b] Thanks. MG
~*AnCoRa33*~ Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 (edited) YKC! I have no idea... but we certainly NEED one! hhhmmmmmmmmm...you could say Sts. Adelaide and Dymphna, the patronesses of Princessess, which is what we are!! I'm sorry, they have a saint for BRUSHMAKERS (St. Anthony of Egypt) but not for women... Edited July 9, 2004 by ~*AnCoRa33*~
Maddalena Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 How about St. Agatha? o_O She had he breasts cut off by a man who wanted to have sex with her but she refused. While that has nothing to do with PMS.... it still smells of elderberries. o_o;; lol I have no idea.
Mickey's_Girl Posted July 9, 2004 Author Posted July 9, 2004 Go Agatha! I was also thinking Joan of Arc because she took no carp from men and answered only to God. She also wielded a sword, ha ha! MG
thicke Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 (edited) It's too bad we don't know more about this lady... Luke 8:43-48 [quote]43 And there was a certain woman having an issue of blood twelve years, who had bestowed all her substance on physicians, and could not be healed by any. 44 She came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment; and immediately the issue of her blood stopped. 45 And Jesus said: Who is it that touched me? And all denying, Peter and they that were with him said: Master, the multitudes throng and press thee, and dost thou say, Who touched me? 46 And Jesus said: Somebody hath touched me; for I know that virtue is gone out from me. 47 And the woman seeing that she was not hid, came trembling, and fell down before his feet, and declared before all the people for what cause she had touched him, and how she was immediately healed. 48 But he said to her: Daughter, thy faith hath made thee whole; go thy way in peace. [/quote] Edited July 9, 2004 by thicke
StColette Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 This is a guy saint but he fits the bill pretty well ERASMUS Also known as Elmo; Eramo; Erarmo; Ermo; Herasmus; Rasimus; Rasmus; Telmo Bishop of Formiae, Campagna, Italy. Fled to Mount Lebanon in the persecutions of emperor Diocletian; was fed by a raven so he could stay in hiding. Discovered, he was imprisoned; an angel rescued him. Recaptured, he was martyred. One of the Fourteen Holy Helpers. Namesake for the static electric discharge called Saint Elmo's Fire. Died disemboweled c.303 at Formiae, Italy Patronage [b]abdominal pains[/b], ammunition workers, appendicitis, birth pains, boatmen, childbirth, childhood intestinal disease, colic, danger at sea, explosives workers, Gaeta, Italy, intestinal disorders, mariners, navigators, ordnance workers, sailors, seasickness, stomach diseases, storms, watermen, women in labour About the closest I could get lol
Maddalena Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 What about that woman that became a saint because she died due to the fact that she wouldn't have an abortion? Again with the not having anyhting to do with PMS....
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 Oh...St. Gianna would make some sense...good Colleen...
Maddalena Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 [quote name='Colleen' date='Jul 8 2004, 09:58 PM'] St. Gianna? [/quote] Yeah, that's who I'm talking about. She'd be cool!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 *still trying not to giggle like a schoolgirl*
Enda Posted July 9, 2004 Posted July 9, 2004 PMS is why I want to become a priest. JK JK You said no side remarks from [i]guys[/i] not [i]men[/i]. I, am a man.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now