An Old School Catholic Message Board

St Aquinas "temptation which comes from the enemy takes the form of a suggestion"

ArciMoto

On 2/6/2022 at 7:05 PM, Vernon said:

How many times is this guy going to recycle his lame and tired memes?

Arci, do you pray for legal protection of the unborn? We do at our church. How is that accomplished when Catholics like you support the baby killers and condemn the pro-lifers?

plenty of catholics are aware and are actively working on the pro-life movement,...

BUT since not many catholics have the necessary physics back ground to understand that there are very serious consequences to the future of humanity by putting thousands of gigatons of greenhouse gases into the atmosphere,... I'll keep plodding along like don quixote attacking stuff that does not seem kosher

8 minutes ago, ArciMoto said:

BUT since not many catholics have the necessary physics back ground

Neither do you.

It is impossible to have the necessary background (which is clearly not just physics) to understand all the consequences to the future of humanity.

You are perpetuating satan's plan.

On 2/19/2022 at 5:17 PM, fides' Jack said:

Neither do you.

It is impossible to have the necessary background (which is clearly not just physics) to understand all the consequences to the future of humanity.

You are perpetuating satan's plan.

sigh,...

• 2 weeks later...

The devil doesn't want to destroy the planet supposedly but wants us to obey and worship his own ideas. If infact we did accidentally destroy the planet it would regenerate, the planet supposedly is eternal and eternity is a subject most can't or won't even consider. Of course though we should no be environmental vandals but good stewards of the earth's resources. I personally think it possible Street lights etc are kind of lake of fire warning that is stealing stars/angels from heaven and that cars are fire breathing dragons/oil being the decomposition of dinosaurs, yeah we are in deep doodoo but it begins as a sin(excess) & love(lack of) problem if we can't fix that we won't ever be able to be good stewards of our God given resources. 

Some prophecies are warnings and some exacts so perhaps we have to go through this end to a new beginning a new heaven & new earth or ebate that end for a new heaven new earth, either way. Fear not lil ones for God is with us.

God iz Good.

On 3/7/2022 at 11:52 AM, Tabby Cat said:

The devil doesn't want to destroy the planet supposedly but wants us to obey and worship his own ideas. If infact we did accidentally destroy the planet it would regenerate, the planet supposedly is eternal and eternity is a subject most can't or won't even consider.

ever consider the catholic concepts of "freewill and predestination" and how they are related to the devil

simply stated,... the devil wants to enslave people, make people suffer AND destroy gods creation

Galatians 5:1 (NCB)

It was for freedom that Christ set us free. Therefore, stand firm and refuse to submit again to the yoke of slavery.

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Galatians+5&version=NCB

AND

Predestination, as used here and unless otherwise noted, refers to the God’s plan of salvation for individuals.

www.catholicexchange.com/church-say-predestination/

having gone to catholic parochial schools before going to a public university to study physics and along the way also managed to become a trained pilot, I view the theological idea of “predestined” as akin to being the physical worlds "cause vs effect" (which can be predicted in the field of physics using math)

I also view reading scripture (and being able to put things into context) as being necessary to prevent the devil from creating hell on earth

IOW people should seriously be concerned about the fact that "temptation which comes from the enemy takes the form of a suggestion,..." according to St Thomas Aquinas

www.newadvent.org/summa/4041.htm

since the devil acts through the power of suggestion people should realize there is a battle going on between the forces of good vs evil which will determine if humanity turns the earth into a living hell by "free will"

...to illustrate how it is possible to sorta have an idea what is “determined beforehand” (in the real world) realize one thing pilots do to stay safe is learn about what not to do, so we read aircraft crash investigation reports

basically a final aircraft accident investigation report shows the "error chain" (basically the chain of events that caused an airplane crash),... so since math is the language of physics what I've added is knowledge of "bayesian math" to the mix (which is a way to get an idea of the "odds")

since a picture is worth a thousand words (AND view outcomes of "predestination") consider the case of the "miracle on the Hudson"

4x6-PC-Aviation-accident-error-chain-dec

point of the illustration is,... the miracle on the Hudson happened because the pilot had the skill set (i.e. training) and didn't panic after accidentally having a collision w/ a flock of birds which killed the two aircraft engines just after takeoff

but looking at the decision tree illustrates there are other outcomes where a miracle would not have happened

as for the idea of predestination, the battle of good vs evil AND being able to put things in a theological context consider (looking at the decision tree diagram) and events that happened in the capital on jan 6th 2021

basically the riots in the capital on jan 6th 2021 was a not at all unexpected given there was a "faustian bargain"

www.britannica.com/topic/Faustian-bargain

likewise it is predestined there will be a great world wide flood akin to what Noah experienced that will cause humanity great suffering,... which can only be averted by humanity as a whole recognizing that we ourselves are creating a problem

4x6-PC-rain-at-SUMMIT-STATION-a-snowball

FYI the parable of the vineyard owner,... is a theological way to view the topic of “man made climate change”

...a landowner set forth a vineyard with great care and lavish attention

he then entrusted it to tenant farmers 

at harvest time, he sought his share of the produce 

yet instead of giving the owner what was due him, the tenant farmers refused, ridiculing, beating, and even killing the servants sent to collect his share 

they end by killing the owner’s own son

when jesus asks his audience what they thought the owner would do in response, they replied that he would put the men to a wretched death and lease his vineyard to other tenants who would give him the produce at the proper time

obviously, they did not realize that in the parable the landlord was actually describing them,... and that such a judgment would be upon them unless they repented

www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+21%3A33-46&version=NCB

Edited by ArciMoto

fides' Jack
On 3/7/2022 at 12:52 PM, Tabby Cat said:

The devil doesn't want to destroy the planet supposedly

Yes he does.  The planet is part of creation, and he wants to destroy creation.

it would regenerate, the planet supposedly is eternal and eternity

No, from Scripture we know the planet had a definite beginning and has a definite end.  It is not eternal or even infinite.

And we have some basic understanding of the meaning of eternal and infinite.

it begins as a sin(excess) & love(lack of) problem if we can't fix that we won't ever be able to be good stewards of our God given resources. 

Agreed.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Satan doesn't actually want to destroy the planet because it's impossible as the planet is eternal. Satan actually wants obedience and eventually worship, Satan thinks he is better than God or at least that God can be wrong but at the same time doubts himself so employs man against God knowing full well he is wrong he uses humanity like a shield against God's wrath. That's my opinion anyway and I could be wrong and yes temptation begins outside and gets inside just like Adam & eve where tempted from the outside and then started thinking God would destroy them because they now knew they were naked so Satan got inside them due to sin hence why the church advises to avoid that which is tempting ie: the near occasion of sin. It's not that complicated and not saying I'm a saint as I'm a lowly sinner I have my reasons but do hope still to become a saint and serve God wholly not my flesh or Satan and I also know many are heaped with heavy burdens they can not carry and nor do those heaping on those burdens bother to help carry them, weeds amongst the wheat, but I do know it's simple perhaps not easy but a simple formula to love God and Love others. No biggie. I could be wrong I'm just being honest with my understanding at present