An Old School Catholic Message Board

Would you have turned your neighbors in for running a speakeasy during Prohibition?

Winchester

Would you have turned your neighbors in for running a speakeasy during Prohibition?  

15 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Would you have turned your neighbors in for dealing & smoking pot during Prohibition?

No

Yes

most people look the other way when it comes to smoking dope, unforionately to society's own detriment. :sad2:

I would definitely inform authorities.  The reason for prohibition was generated by women fighting for the welfare of women and children suffering from the alcoholism of husbands and fathers.  

On 9/29/2021 at 10:18 PM, Mercedes said:

I would definitely inform authorities.  The reason for prohibition was generated by women fighting for the welfare of women and children suffering from the alcoholism of husbands and fathers.  

I do admit prohibition was well intended.  And technically, alcohol provides nothing in improving the lives of people and society - at least i can't really think of any such benefits (except maybe the fun part... it can be fun... but lot of times its not).

• 3 weeks later...
dominicansoul
On 9/29/2021 at 9:18 PM, Mercedes said:

But this is America, land of the free and all that.  Government can't tell us what we can drink and not drink, regardless of the benefits...

4 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

But this is America, land of the free and all that.  Government can't tell us what we can drink and not drink, regardless of the benefits...

OK I gotta ask. You are being facetious here no?

dominicansoul
11 minutes ago, Peace said:

OK I gotta ask. You are being facetious here no?

being idealistic, not realistic

14 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I do not believe you would want to live in a nation where there were no rules and the Government couldn't tell you what to do.  That'd be anarchy and chaos.

Edited by Mercedes

dominicansoul
9 hours ago, Mercedes said:

I do not believe you would want to live in a nation where there were no rules and the Government couldn't tell you what to do.  That'd be anarchy and chaos.

Oh no, definitely not anarchy, but for the government to tell me what I can drink or what I cannot drink is ABSURD!