Jump to content

"Let's Go Brandon!"


dominicansoul

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, little2add said:

spotted this a local gas pump, yesterday, filling up. 

IMG-3281.jpg

4 bucks a gallon :annoyed:   it cost $1.65 less before "sleepy Joe" toke office. 

Joe Biden is no friend of mine, but it is unreasonable to hold the president - any president - personally responsible for [insert your favorite issue]: the price of gasoline, pot holes in the roads, or your child's success on a spelling test. 

The president merely presides over the executive branch of government; there are two other branches as well, and those branches have some influence on the state of the nation. AND there are (usually) 3 branches of government at the state level and the local level, too. AND Life in These United States is not really the same as Government and Politics in These United States - there are industries, corporations, business, and people. 

Admittedly, the politicians usually try to take credit for successes related to gasoline prices, pot hole repairs, and your child's success on her spelling test, but we all know (because we are educated people and critical thinkers) that any given president has little to do with any of that. Presidents don't have magic wands, nor are they The Great and Powerful Wizard of Anything. 

Those who look to the president - any president - to solve any and every problem in the country will be sorely disappointed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1. On January 20, hours after swearing his oath of office, President Biden took unilateral action to rescind a presidential permit for the Keystone XL pipeline and rejoin the Paris climate agreement. He also directed his administration to review dozens of rules, including many aimed at harnessing American energy and reducing onerous regulations.

2. A third executive order, signed on January 27, requires the Department of the Interior to pause new leases for oil and gas production on public lands and offshore waters. According to the American Petroleum Institute, 22% of oil and 12% of natural gas production occurred on federal lands in 2019. API estimates that, of all production on federal lands and waters, 71.5% of oil and 24.3% of natural gas production occurred offshore.

3.  The U.S. finally achieved energy independence, but Biden’s policy will make the U.S. more reliant on overseas energy, putting us at the mercy of the OPEC Cartel and Russia.

4. Finally, this Administration supports using solar and wind technology, which is largely manufactured and exported from China. However, they neglect to recognize that Chinese solar 

I could go on...

7 hours ago, Luigi said:

unreasonable to hold the president

 

I think not :think:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, little2add said:

1. On January 20, hours after swearing his oath of office, President Biden took unilateral action to rescind a presidential permit for the Keystone XL pipeline and rejoin the Paris climate agreement. He also directed his administration to review dozens of rules, including many aimed at harnessing American energy and reducing onerous regulations.

2. A third executive order, signed on January 27, requires the Department of the Interior to pause new leases for oil and gas production on public lands and offshore waters. According to the American Petroleum Institute, 22% of oil and 12% of natural gas production occurred on federal lands in 2019. API estimates that, of all production on federal lands and waters, 71.5% of oil and 24.3% of natural gas production occurred offshore.

3.  The U.S. finally achieved energy independence, but Biden’s policy will make the U.S. more reliant on overseas energy, putting us at the mercy of the OPEC Cartel and Russia.

4. Finally, this Administration supports using solar and wind technology, which is largely manufactured and exported from China. However, they neglect to recognize that Chinese solar 

I could go on...

 

I think not :think:

And, yet, the Holy Father supports all of the things that President Biden advocates here. Read Laudato Si. I'll go with him, thank you very much. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That addresses some of the supply factors. Who is responsible for the demand factors? Car manufacturers (read Gas Guzzlers, citizens who drive SUVs). Commuters (read White Flight, "if I move two counties away, I can get so much more house for the same price," "I have to move to the best school district for my children's sake"). People who don't use mass transit when they could ("It's not safe, and then I'm dependent on the subway schedule"). People who keep their thermostats set to 74 degrees during the winter and dress like it's summer. 

There are 320,000,000 citizens whose personal decisions outweigh the decisions of the 1 president. 

Those who expect the president - any president - to solve the problems *they* have created will be sorely disappointed. It has been ever thus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another Biden blunder is his in attention to investing in the nation’s power grid.  His green new deal , if it comes to pass will require 100 times the current capacity of the existing system.   
Take the total system failure in Texas last winter, for example 

solar and wind power will never take the place of oil, and ever if it did the GRID is not designed or capable of handling the massive increase in demand.  ( proposed in the green new deal )

 


 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That's what I'm saying - no one president, and no one policy, can solve problems that have evolved over the course of decades and over the vast geography of the country. The industry has to be involved - the people who generate and distribute electricity (to make money) can figure out better ways to keep generating and distributing electricity an more of it (since they want to continue making money) than any president can. Even if the president is an electrical engineer with decades of experience in that field, it's still only one person's opinion. 

Presidents who think they can solve long-standing complex problems are wrong. Voters who think presidents can solve long-standing complex problems are wrong. Folks want silver bullet solutions, panaceas, magic wand solutions, and politicians are happy to promise them (in order to win votes). But there aren't any.

People who believe politicians who promise magic bullet solutions will be sorely disappointed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nunsuch said:

And, yet, the Holy Father supports all of the things that President Biden advocates here. Read Laudato Si. I'll go with him, thank you very much. 

The Holy Father has no business supporting President Biden and is out of his league when it comes to economics. Worse, he fails regarding the faith as well and is taking the Traditional Mass away from devout Catholics.

We shouldn't stop thinking or discerning when it comes to things the Pope says. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Vernon said:

The Holy Father has no business supporting President Biden and is out of his league when it comes to economics. Worse, he fails regarding the faith as well and is taking the Traditional Mass away from devout Catholics.

We shouldn't stop thinking or discerning when it comes to things the Pope says. 

The Holy Father is not "supporting President Biden." He is supporting the SCIENCE. And he is a trained scientist. Are you? 

What are your credentials? Asking in all seriousness. 

Finally, he has NOT "taken the Traditional Mass" away. He has set rubrics for it. As he should. And, believe it or not, most "devout Catholics" have no interest in attending a Tridentine Mass. 

But I guess you are more qualified than Pope Francis on matters both scientific and Catholic? I guess this is what is meant by "more Catholic than the Pope." Fortunately, I don't have such hubris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nunsuch said:

The Holy Father is not "supporting President Biden." He is supporting the SCIENCE. And he is a trained scientist. Are you? 

What are your credentials? Asking in all seriousness. 

Finally, he has NOT "taken the Traditional Mass" away. He has set rubrics for it. As he should. And, believe it or not, most "devout Catholics" have no interest in attending a Tridentine Mass. 

But I guess you are more qualified than Pope Francis on matters both scientific and Catholic? I guess this is what is meant by "more Catholic than the Pope." Fortunately, I don't have such hubris.

The recent meeting between the Pope and President was seen as an show of support against him being denied communion. 

The long term goal of the Pope is to suppress the Tradition Mass and sacraments. That is clear from an honest reading of recent documents from the Pope and on his behalf. Just about everything is allowed but traditional worship.

Neither this Pope or this President has given any statements to the negative effects that all the dead children from abortion have on the environment. Burning all that 'carbon', and other means to dispose of the bodies can't be good for the Earth.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I give up. Pope Francis has consistently and strongly spoken out against abortion. And I am not here defending President Biden as a moral leader (though I think he has far more credibility in that area than the serial adulterer who he replaced). But abortion--on which the Holy Father has never wavered--is not the only issue that has moral implications. Thank GOD (and I mean that literally) he is our spiritual leader, and not you! 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nunsuch said:

I give up. Pope Francis has consistently and strongly spoken out against abortion. And I am not here defending President Biden as a moral leader (though I think he has far more credibility in that area than the serial adulterer who he replaced). But abortion--on which the Holy Father has never wavered--is not the only issue that has moral implications. Thank GOD (and I mean that literally) he is our spiritual leader, and not you! 

 

Yes, Pope Francis has many words against the most unholy act of our day. Yet, no real action against those that make this unholiness legal. Weeks before the US bishops were to vote to protect the Most Blessed Sacrament from sacrilege the Speaker of the House and President of the United States get welcomed in by the Pope, abortion isn't mentioned at these meetings, and they received communion in Rome, no problem.

Judge me how you wish, but by his actions Pope Francis is not a good Pope.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank God you are not the one who will judge him. And, please remind me: did previous popes excommunicate pro-choice politicians? I must have missed that. Nope. 

You are entitled to your own opinions. But I believe that Pope Francis is the spiritual leader of the Church and I'm grateful for that. If you don't agree, then maybe you are a Protestant? Or a Cafeteria Catholic? 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nunsuch said:

Thank God you are not the one who will judge him. And, please remind me: did previous popes excommunicate pro-choice politicians? I must have missed that. Nope. 

You are entitled to your own opinions. But I believe that Pope Francis is the spiritual leader of the Church and I'm grateful for that. If you don't agree, then maybe you are a Protestant? Or a Cafeteria Catholic? 

 

I thought you were giving up? 

The two previous popes at least taught Pro-Abortion public figures should be denied communion. Adoption of the word 'choice' helps hide the truth of the horrific act. The choice is to kill an innocent or not. 

I don't have any names to call you. I simply don't believe the facts support your opinion that Pope Francis is a good leader. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, it must be so comforting and self-satisfying to be as self-righteous and authoritative as you seem to be, @KnightofChrist

For the record, Pope St. John Paul II gave Communion to Tony Blair, who was not only pro-choice but an Anglican at the time. He also gave Communion to other pro-choice politicians. So much for calling for their excommunication. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...